As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Words served over easy...

SlughornSlughorn Registered User new member
edited March 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
I'm usually a big fan of Penny Arcade (and still am), and never really felt compelled to post anything on the forums. However i'm also a regular Kotaku(ite) and have been for many years as well as PA.

The last news post and comic really seemed off though, as I had also noticed Kotaku's disappearing post regarding Fable 2's new features.

Kotaku has now reposted said Story, with a note stating that they were under embargo from months before and had not been reminded.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/fable-2/fable-2s-big-thing-a-pet-dog-update-241952.php

Which, to the discerning reader is quite different than breaking a news story based off of a Spy, Rumor or some other Unofficial Spigot. I can appreciate Kotaku being true to their word, and adhering to an NDA or Embargo, as well as post a story produced from one of the aforementioned sources.

I think it shows journalistic integrity. Although, that's probably one of those ironic wordplays we were warned about in High School like Military Intelligence or Trustworthy Politician.

~Slug

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Slughorn on

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Need background. What's this embargo now? Did you title yourself Junior Member? Why am I not such a discerning reader that I can't tell how it shows journalistic integrity? Why do you sign your posts?

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Paladin wrote: »
    Need background. What's this embargo now? Did you title yourself Junior Member? Why am I not such a discerning reader that I can't tell how it shows journalistic integrity? Why do you sign your posts?
    There's an automatic titling system based on postcount.

Ramius is working on turning it off.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I can't wait till I break 22k and earn Angrier, Bitterer Man

On topic: wait, what should PA have done

Paladin on
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Slug: What would you like to be discussed here? Or is this just something you wanted to get off your chest?

Johannen on
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yes, you can be both a man or a woman and if you're a woman, you can get pregnant. A first, he believes, for a main character in an RPG.

couldn't you have kid in one of the phantasy star games?

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    redx wrote: »
    Yes, you can be both a man or a woman and if you're a woman, you can get pregnant. A first, he believes, for a main character in an RPG.

couldn't you have kid in one of the phantasy star games?

Wait... am I in the right thread? Where am I? What's going on? Fuck I walked off the map and there be Dragons here!

Johannen on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Phantasy Star III took place over three generations. There was no "option" of having children though. You choose a wife at the end of each chapter and the game picks back up when the child that results from the marriage is old enough to continue the adventure.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ahhhhh....

Johannen, it was from the linked article. Considering the thread does not seem to have a... distinct topic, I talked about a portion of it.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    huh - is slughorn gone? redx, what's your call on intent

one post in his repertoire
    linked site in the article
    I've never heard of it
    no response

I have a prognosis, doctor.

Paladin on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    blogger.com?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.