As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wait line games!

124»

• merrymoocowmerrymoocow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    anable wrote: »
    Lindygamer wrote: »
    Ok I have a question. Not really relevant but im asking it.

What DS games should I get to wait in line with?

Ironically, it is on topic and the rest of the hobos are off topic. Read the first few pages and you'll get relevant data.

But I don't wanna be a hobo!!!! anybody got any change for a poor vet down on his luck?

merrymoocow on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'll be a hobo if I can wear the cool fingerless gloves and a broken top hat. Also, I shall have to to the bundle on a stick. Your not a proper hobo without it.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • 4M3THYST4M3THYST Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    But what about the smearing your face with soot, having missing teeth, and growing a scruffully beard? EEP! Count me out. *cringes*

4M3THYST on
    edited April 2007
    4M3THYST wrote: »
    But what about the smearing your face with soot, having missing teeth, and growing a scruffully beard? EEP! Count me out. *cringes*

just go buy some cheap bubba teeth and a fake beard...soot wise though I think ur screwed, it's part of the hobo code and I don't see any sootable substitutions...

merrymoocow on
  • LindygamerLindygamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I buy clothes from this place called hobo thats near where I live. Seriously.

http://www.myspace.com/hobosvintage

They buy vintage 20s-50s clothing and sell it to people looking for that kind of stuff. I dont have a broken top hat, but I do have one black and one tweed ivy hat ill be wearing all throughout PAX. As well as a bunch of other stuff I got there as well.

P.S. Hehe sootable situations. Dumb unexpected funny puns.

Lindygamer on
    The opinions I don't have are the opinions I don't got.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    WHY DON'T WE DO THAT LIMBO! and have Jamaican theme. I can bring my light saber for the limbo stick. We did that at robotics competitions. Plus we are already in a line.

HolyHesus on
    edited April 2007
    plus on top of that we might be able to break some record for longest limbo line...

HolyHesus on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm not sure how people would react to having to limbo into PAX, especially after waiting god-knows-how-long to get in. :P

de4dmeta1 on
    edited April 2007
    hahah.. yah.. the less sweat = less BO = better for all of us.

HolyHesus on
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aside from ignoring BO, my wait line game consists of repeating this over and over:

Don't-freak-out-there-isn't-that-many-people, don't-freak-out-there-isn't-that-many-people....

And then there's that mad crush when the doors open, and I feel like I'm going to die.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
    edited April 2007
    haha. we can play operator. hahahaha.... that would be awsome.

HolyHesus on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The only problem with Operator is the fact that I know almost everybody in line would change it on purpose. Just look at the threads here... how many get hijacked?

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited April 2007
    haha hot potato! *sigh* so much potential having gigantic lines.

HolyHesus on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What about Rocket Slime? Don't think anyone mentioned that game yet.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Qs23 wrote: »
    The only problem with Operator is the fact that I know almost everybody in line would change it on purpose. Just look at the threads here... how many get hijacked?

"I like cheese on crackers with rice"
    "Buddy loves penises and mice"

It's only guaranteed to be modified to include more wangs, that's just how it is.

b0wser on
    edited April 2007
    srsly what is pax with out penis

HolyHesus on
    edited April 2007
    HolyHesus wrote: »

ummmm ax the fabled body spray?

merrymoocow on
    edited April 2007
    HolyHesus wrote: »

ummmm ax the fabled body spray?

Unfortunately it painfully lacks that. However! myself and a friend saw Khoo at sakura con and ask if it were hopefull if PAX were to be sponsored some sort of deodorant company and he said " I am working on it."

THERE IS HOPE! THERE IS HOPEEE!!!!

HolyHesus on
    edited April 2007
    lol so what would they be doing sponsor wise? walking down the lines spraying people down?

merrymoocow on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Probably including some body spray in the bag of goodies they hand you when the doors open.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    lol so what would they be doing sponsor wise? walking down the lines spraying people down?

haha we should do that. last year i sprayed my friend marc's back about 1/4 a can of axe and inhaled it. i was near the back of the line. so we got the last bits of the wiffs of death. I mean really what was my choice, it was like 90 degrees outside witha lot of onbathed people infront of me and when i say a lot i mean atleast 100 ish.

but yah....

DEODORANT PUHLEEZE.

HolyHesus on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    while it works to mask scents, it can get just as bad as the scent intended to be removed if used in overabundance. if we could find a sponsor to provide travel-size deodorant sticks, that'd be even mightier.

b0wser on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Back on topic, do you think it's best to just focus on portables, or would anyone be interested in actual physical games? I'm thinking of bringing Stupiduel - a rather odd card game of wits. (Last time I saw it played, I was witness to "horde of ninja asassains eaten by blue whale" block...)

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    b0wser wrote: »
    while it works to mask scents, it can get just as bad as the scent intended to be removed if used in overabundance. if we could find a sponsor to provide travel-size deodorant sticks, that'd be even mightier.

I'd say it's even worse. I was at some superbowl party once (friends of my sister's, as I was staying with her at the time. I hate football), and the family's youngest son and his friend started spraying a bunch of that stuff in an upstairs room. Smell seeped downstairs and I could barely even breathe. Sweat can be bad, but a bunch of that stuff is just plain awful.

Worse than the time I got in a fabreeze fight with a couple of my friends.

Aydr on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Back on topic, do you think it's best to just focus on portables, or would anyone be interested in actual physical games? I'm thinking of bringing Stupiduel - a rather odd card game of wits. (Last time I saw it played, I was witness to "horde of ninja asassains eaten by blue whale" block...)

Bring stuff for the line only if you're cool with it being played outside, on the dirty filthy sidewalk.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Aydr wrote: »
    b0wser wrote: »

I'd say it's even worse. I was at some superbowl party once (friends of my sister's, as I was staying with her at the time. I hate football), and the family's youngest son and his friend started spraying a bunch of that stuff in an upstairs room. Smell seeped downstairs and I could barely even breathe. Sweat can be bad, but a bunch of that stuff is just plain awful.

Worse than the time I got in a fabreeze fight with a couple of my friends.

I bet the time I got in a lysol fight with my friends was worse. You could hardly even open your eyes in that room, let alone breathe.

Anyway, every year people make a big fuss about odor. I don't think an overabundance of Axe (which doesn't even smell good by itself) is the solution.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    ctishman wrote: »

Bring stuff for the line only if you're cool with it being played outside, on the dirty filthy sidewalk.
    Nope, and if worse comes to worse, I'll get a piece of poster board or two. I'm also tempted to bring The Game Of Redneck Life for the board games area - what other game counts your score with teeth?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Howcome no one wants to play my game?

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    how bout musical chairs with sumo bags? :)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
This discussion has been closed.