As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling Thread] When in doubt, Hornswoggle

• DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    I don't recognize any of those, but I can't imagine how Cyborg Cop isn't destined to be a huge star.

578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    rename everyone to Scott Steiner

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Here is a complete list of all the indy names signed today and over the weekend to developmental deals with WWE.

-International star PAC was signed to a deal. He is known for his high-flying and is billed as "The Man That Gravity Forgot". He most recently appeared for Dragon Gate in the US and Japan.

-Matt Taven was signed and is going through testing. He worked a dark match at the most recent FCW TV taping and has previously appeared for ROH and DGUSA.

-Sara Del Rey is going through medical testing. She has been one of the top female indy workers of the past several years and has had runs in SHIMMER, CHIKARA and Ring of Honor.

-Mercedes Martinez is also rumored to have been offered a deal after recent WWE tryouts at developmental.

A lot of the top independent talents are being signed as part of Triple H's plan to overhaul the developmental system.

And HHH slowly taking over WWE is a bad thing how now?

it's really not and never was with the exception of when he becomes part of the angles

here's the difference between mr haitches being the authority character and vinnie mac doing it: vince knew that he should never be the focal point or come out on top for very long

it should always be about the other guy and how vince's shit affected them

trips? trips ain't got that part quite down

he's still very much in that place where he needs to go over the other guy because he's THE GAME THE KING OF KINGS THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN SUCK IT

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Scott Lost.

Always Scott Lost.

And then later when it gets bigger we can bring in Joey Ryan and suddenly we have the Dynasty.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    DASHER HATFIELD

hire juan cena, the mexican knockoff version of John "Johnathon" Cena

The Bravados are available as a tag team. Kota Ibushi was on the list but flying him in might be too expensive.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If he can only get 12 people why get a tag team?

ric flair will work for literally peanuts

hire him

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Hardcore Homo Angel

Wonder how my work filter would enjoy me googling that.

seriously why would that game not take into account the alimony and the debt and shit

flair will work for nada

give him a place to sleep and a hot dog like an indy guy

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Hardcore Homo Angel

He's got the name, but does he have the talent?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Goose! wrote: »
    If he can only get 12 people why get a tag team?

Because having a heel tag team interfere with shit and be great heels is great for business. Also the Bravados are great.

Peter Avalon and Scorpio Sky are available. I also saw Player Uno but I didn't see Player Dos/Stupefied so idk what's going on there.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    get colt cabana

GET WILLIE MACK. THERE IS YOUR CHAMPION RIGHT THERE.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    basically that list is butts on ice because indy guys will work for a hot bowl of soup

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    I can't wait to see her get a small push and then be jobbing to Kelly Kelly a few months later.

Kelly's gone dude. Jobbing to Layla maybe but at least that should be a good match.

Really, outside of Aksana, Eve and Alicia Fox, most of the Diva roster now actually has some amount of wrestling talent. Those first two are in more manager/non-wrestler positions and... well Alicia Fox may drag the average talent level down quite badly, I will admit.
    They've still got some pretty rubbish ones in FCW as well (mainly Alicia Fox's sister and Summer Rae) but yeah, otherwise they've now got a pretty good female roster.
    And HHH slowly taking over WWE is a bad thing how now?
    He's hired some good talent, that's great. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still no indication that he'll be a huge improvement in all areas and let's not forget all the bullshit he's pulled. If he does fix everything, that's awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    I'd like to think I can recognize a good wrestling match. As for my other opinions, I don't consider Ryback's matches "good", not by a long shot but I do think he has a lot of potential and I hope WWE pairs him with a big star soon. If he flops, at least they tried. If it works, they have a new star and they could really use more of those nowadays.
    Go back and watch that Over the Limit match. It was not good. She hesitated before every single move, which looked like she had no idea what she was doing.

I'm fine with Layla for the most part but I don't think she should be a face and I don't think she should be women's champ.

Pwnan, I'll second Funny Bone.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ok, so here is my short list of people to hire. Keep in mind we can have more than 12 but we need at least 12 to look professional and not be made fun of by all the other wrestling promotions during recess:

Kenn Doane
    Matt Bentley
    Sugar Dunkerton
    Funny Bone
    TJ Perkings
    Cyborg Cop
    Lancelot Bravado
    Harlem Bravado
    Scott Lost
    Johnny Goodtime
    Dasher Hatfield
    Kota Ibushi
    Player Uno
    Willie Mack

Also keep in mind we can change anybody's gimmick at any time, though I refuse to change anything about Cyborg Cop for the time being.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    you know who doesn't get enough credit

vickie

sugar dunkerton is now the Round Mound of Smackdown

his new theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHTWO0rxv5Q

The faces of your EWR franchise right here.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Wait what is Pwnan doing

Wait what is Pwnan doing

ewr i think

Ok, so here is my short list of people to hire. Keep in mind we can have more than 12 but we need at least 12 to look professional and not be made fun of by all the other wrestling promotions during recess:

Kenn Doane
    Matt Bentley
    Sugar Dunkerton
    Funny Bone
    TJ Perkings
    Cyborg Cop
    Lancelot Bravado
    Harlem Bravado
    Scott Lost
    Johnny Goodtime
    Dasher Hatfield
    Kota Ibushi
    Player Uno
    Willie Mack

Also keep in mind we can change anybody's gimmick at any time, though I refuse to change anything about Cyborg Cop for the time being.

Drop Kenny and maybe add Papadon or Human Tornado, and that doesn't look half bad.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Can we keep Kenny on as a jobber? I'm guessing that was the original intent anyway.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    KUDO, Zack Sabre Jr, TJ Perkins, BUSHI, Kota Ibushi and Scorpio Sky - ranked in order of how much of a necessity they are.
    Also pick up Sexxxy Eddie, then find Giant Tiger and get him involved, then when the company is bigger you bring in Eddie Kingston and recreate The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen a.k.a the greatest stable in pro wrestling history.
    For anybody who doesn't know about Giant Tiger you should youtube him, but not while you're at work--or while there are children around--or in the presence of anybody who you value the friendship of.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    As long as Cyborg Cop is in, I don't even care.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    sugar, dasher, cyborg cop, kota, player uno, ric flair, hulk hogan, juan cena, sdr, ricky steamboat, ricardo rodriguez and fernando venezuela

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Your fed must be really shitty if you can't even afford Matt Hardy.

matt hardy more like fat drug addict

wait

edited July 2012
    Kenny wanted more money and a main event heel spot because he felt he is too big for W★ANG. So fuck you Kenny, here's the list that includes not you with gimmicks in the parentheses:

BUSHI (Luchadore)
    Cyborg Cop (Old School Heel)
    Dasher Hatfield (Dual-Sport Superstar)
    Harlem Bravado (Geek)
    Johnny Goodtime (Fun Babyface)
    Kota Ibushi (Foreign Star)
    KUDO (none)
    Lancealot Bravado (Geek)
    Matt Bentley (Glam Rocker)
    Player Uno (Comedy Character)
    Sugar Dunkerton (Fun Babyface)
    TJ Perkins (Luchadore)
    Willie Mack (Old School Face)

Scott Lost was also a pain in the ass about his contract so I replaced him with KUDO. The Bravados are happy to be working together and apparently TJ Perkins is a fan of Willie Mack.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    we need some more heels it seems

turn dasher, give him a shoeless joe jackson gimmick

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I can accept a Cyborg Cop as a bad guy.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Evil Uno.

Done.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    What is EWR

I can't look at links

or build an angle to where TJ turns on Willie

edited July 2012
    Ok, Player Uno is now doing a dark palette swap gimmick. We still have three more heels than faces.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    What is EWR

I can't look at links

it's a game where you run your own fed

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    What is EWR

I can't look at links

Wrestling management sim

Made by the same people who made Total Extreme Warfare 2004 (TEW)

This discussion has been closed.