As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] When in doubt, Hornswoggle

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    An Ok PPV. Match quality was solid, but everything was predictable. Plus no payoff for the AJ thing, which has become a real problem for WWE as they don't seem to know how to finish long-term angles anymore. I have a feeling the whole thing will just be dropped and then a year later it will be revealed that AJ was Hornswoggle all along.

There isn't a "payoff" for AJ with Punk or Bryan. She doesn't fit with either of them now.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    No surprises again.

Too damn predictable. Good matches but I'd like something to shock me before the end of the year for crying out loud.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I gambled on the order of the card and lost. Ah well.

• Options
    Oh yeah due to bad planning I wasn't able to pick anything for this PPV.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    An Ok PPV. Match quality was solid, but everything was predictable. Plus no payoff for the AJ thing, which has become a real problem for WWE as they don't seem to know how to finish long-term angles anymore. I have a feeling the whole thing will just be dropped and then a year later it will be revealed that AJ was Hornswoggle all along.

There isn't a "payoff" for AJ with Punk or Bryan. She doesn't fit with either of them now.

Well then they booked an angle where there isn't a payoff. How is that better?

• Options

This AJ thing fell into their laps and so far is doing well. No reason for it to be blown off yet.

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Spooch wrote: »
    Spooch wrote: »
    That stupid look on his face

That look was on his face because that wasn't supposed to happen that way.

He actually hit Show so hard with the briefcase the briefcase physically broke off from its position. He was even holding the broken-off handle.

I dunno, I think it was supposed to happen

I think the case breaking was supposed to happen, given that Jericho hung above it. Also, Cena had a death grip on it when he was pummeling Big Show.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I wonder if that's the end of the Bryan/Punk feud. It'd been doing pretty well for them, so maybe they'll want to extend it til SummerSlam? Throw Cena in to mix it up and get the match a higher profile, too, I think the three of them could put on a hell of a match (I mean, if Kane can come in and still contribute, anyone can)

• Options
    And really, even if AJ ends up with a steady on-air boyfriend she can still act crazy.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular

This AJ thing fell into their laps and so far is doing well. No reason for it to be blown off yet.

I'd bet the house on this never being blown off in any meaningful way.

• Options

I'd bet the house on this never being blown off in any meaningful way.

Well honestly, how many ways can it end? AJ stops being crazy?

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I thought they were done with Sheamus as a champion, they've done diddly-squat with him.

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    I thought they were done with Sheamus as a champion, they've done diddly-squat with him.

Besides giving him constant TV time and big wins?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    The AJ angle only ends in one possible way.
    It turns out she was doing the entire thing to make Hornswoggle jealous. Everything must loop back to Hornswoggle.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    The AJ angle only ends in one possible way.
    It turns out she was doing the entire thing to make Hornswoggle jealous. Everything must loop back to Hornswoggle.
    NXTRedemption callback to the three people who watched it!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

There was a report around after Mania that he was going to get a lengthy reign.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

I know, but it doesn't take much to sour creative on a champion.

• Options

There hasn't been a title change between the two big belts for quite awhile.

Shit is getting stale.

• Options
    Punk doesn't need to lose the WWE title to Cena but I'd like to see the WHT on a heel soon.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Shit is getting stale.

Honestly? I can't complain about that.

It's much better than the 2-year-plus shit they did a while ago where the main champs were lucky to go longer than a month with their belt intact.

• Options

Shit is getting stale.

It's much better than the 2-year-plus shit they did a while ago where the main champs were lucky to go longer than a month with their belt intact.

I can agree with one of the belts, but Sheamus does not need a 4+ month (assuming he makes it to SS) reign. It's been fairly boring in my opinion.

• Options
    Cornell002Cornell002 Registered User regular

Shit is getting stale.

I can agree with one of the belts, but Sheamus does not need a 4+ month (assuming he makes it to SS) reign. It's been fairly boring in my opinion.

Hopefully Ziggler cashes in ASAP

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh yeah not WWE related at least directly but I just now realized Sara Del Ray will have her final two Chikara shows at the end of the month. She has her Grand Championship match with Kingston then hopefully massacres Icarus.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Im betting Ziggs dosent cash in for awhile. And wins it when he does.

Cena cashes in and gets a fair fight at summerslam rather than a run in at the last minute. This makes him the first to fail.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Im betting Ziggs dosent cash in for awhile. And wins it when he does.

Cena cashes in and gets a fair fight at summerslam rather than a run in at the last minute. This makes him the first to fail.

This needs to happen. I don't mind Cena getting back in the title hunt but he doesn't need to win it again. He didn't last year, he sure as hell doesn't this year either.

The only scenario I'll accept of him winning is if he drops it to Barrett or whomever right afterwards. And I mean right afterwards, like the next night or week.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I think the other point is that Cena needs to make it fair and aboveboard unlike everyone else, because, well, Cena. Unless they use it to start a heel turn, like with Daniel Bryan, which they won't.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Well, I'm fairly sure I aced that, except for Ziggler failing in his cash-in attempt. Knew it was too good to be true. If I lose the belt over that, I'm going to cut such an angry promo where I use the word "Champion" at least fifteen times.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    I'm just glad Ziggler won. He deserves the title and I hope when he wins it (he fucking better) he'll keep it till Mania 29 like Bryan.

Only no 18 second job please.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I'm telling you, guys, AJ and R Truth is gonna be the outcome of all this.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    oh man i'm on pins and needles here to see if sweeney tom has beaten the odds

mostly because I got a plan if he does

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Wait ziggler cashed in already?

• Options

It'd better involve me and you. At last.

I actually don't want to beat the odds.

Simply because if this is how you treat me, your friend

I would love to see how you treat people you actually don't like who have the gold.

• Options
    So they have 5 weeks of build till Summerslam, and next week is the 1,000th Raw. Major shows for WWE are coming up, hope they deliver.

• Options

I would love to see how you treat people you actually don't like who have the gold.

I know I reclaimed the tag titles. I can feel it, and I want my score to be the one that costs you all the belts. ALL OF THEM!

• Options

No. He tried but Del Rio and Sheamus both fucked it up for him.

• Options

He tried to right after Sheamus/Del Rio but before the ref called the bell he got taken out by the brogue kick. Dolph was distracted beating up Del Rio though.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

I know I reclaimed the tag titles. I can feel it, and I want my score to be the one that costs you all the belts. ALL OF THEM!

Did you miss anything?

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

Did you miss anything?

I may have picked Jericho to win the Raw MitB.

I might have goat D-Bry/Punk wrong, but I was drunk and don't remember, but I'm pretty sure I picked Punk. Although I know I picked AJ to be unfair.

Also if people love D-Bry this video is pretty great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWqwNMAMt8

This discussion has been closed.