As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Windows Action Center Won't Shut Up

SnorkSnork wordJamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
edited June 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So a couple days ago I had some random problems with my graphics card, and i had one of those white flags pop up from Windows Action Center telling me I had unresolved problems. I got new drivers and everything is cool, but now randomly I'll get this fucking infuriating error sound every thirty seconds or so that I seem powerless to stop. I'm not entirely positive it's from WAC, but it only seemed to start after that happened and it seems to more or less coincide with the icon showing up in my systray- however, I don't have any new problems. There are no new errors, but the thing keeps popping back into my systray and making this really irritating noise (that makes it pretty fucking difficult to do audio work on my computer) that it doesn't seem possible to turn off.
It's a low pitched buzzy-beep kind of sound, doesn't sound like the other Windows sounds (like for User Acct Control and stuff like that) but as far as I can tell there are no other processes running on my computer that could cause it. Restarts don't always seem to help, and turning off notifications from Windows Action Center doesn't either.

Dear god please make it stop

Snork on

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Edit: Nevermind didn't read that last sentence.

Sounds odd. Anything in your event log to indicate a problem?

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    That doesn't do anything either, as the past sentence of my post details. The sound persists, which is why i'm not entirely sure it's from WAC.

• Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    Event log? Is that like the archived messages or whatever? Because that shows the graphics driver problem I had a couple of days ago, as well as a Steam-related problem that it tried to notify me about before, but nothing new. They're all either ignored, archived or solved