As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    All the village had to do to win the game was... do nothing. O_o

The winning move... was not to play

• MillMill Registered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    what was the standard win condition?
    Victory Condition: Ensure the Third Fleet survives to carry out its mission.

yea i dont even see how this has anything to do with wanting feds dead? Seeing as our win con had nothing to do with destroying the fleet and only lady belmont and her cargo

so all you fed hunters go die in the dark and fires :p

Look we had to feed someone to lasers and it seemed like your goal was to kill us all. So from what I saw, having it hit a fed or zombie would have been for the best.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

yea i dont even see how this has anything to do with wanting feds dead? Seeing as our win con had nothing to do with destroying the fleet and only lady belmont and her cargo

Look we had to feed someone to lasers and it seemed like your goal was to kill us all. So from what I saw, having it hit a fed or zombie would have been for the best.

If our goal was to kill you all we needed a more reliable way to do it, especially running at half strength from a traditional mafia. :(

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    warban wrote: »
    Well not exactly. We needed to keep the WoB from blowing up. The zombies and the federation should of started on the same side.

And yet you kept insisting on shooting the ship whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Command was infected. It seemed like a good backup plan at the time.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So what the hell was up with bedlam? was there an actual space madness spreading?
    Real Madness.

Im really mad.

Bedlam wrote: »
    So what the hell was up with bedlam? was there an actual space madness spreading?
    Real Madness.

Im really mad.

I'm OK with this. We needed more people playing like you did.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular

Kilnaga wrote: »
    Real Madness.

Im really mad.

*kicks Kilnaga in the balls*

Infidel wrote: »

What do you think the missions was? :P

Build and fire the the SPECUTRM cannon at the artifact.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this Gumpy.
    Very ambitious.
    Was an interesting look into a possible future of mine.
    It looked scary.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i think what bedlam did was probably the best thing ever in the game

Real Madness.

Im really mad.

*kicks Kilnaga in the balls*

Well, as Feds, we totally did. What with people being alerted as to who shot them, there wasn't much we could do if no other people were willing to start pulling the trigger.

- Terence McKenna
    Yeah, there wasn't an indication that there was only six mafia instead of the standard number and I know I assumed the lack of kills was because you'd get most of us with explosions.

You guys should bemoaning things being rough instead of praising bad behavior if anything :P

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Also: BEEEEEDLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAM
    I just want to say

Im really sorry

More people didnt die.

@bedlam was there some mechanic in place driving your actions, or did you just wanna blow some shit up?
    This is sort of a loaded question.

I dont get why shooting someone was a bad thing and why more people didnt do it. I still dont. I wasnt in contact with any "team" so I did what I thought I should. Mill was chosen at random and the comand room seemed way more interesting than going to another corridor. (could have done hanger but didnt see the advantage to that)

Crashing the ships was revenge of sorts. Been feeling like Ive been treated like a doormat the last few games. This is my way of saying "Dont tread on me" which of course worked fatanstically because now people hate me more :rotate:

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Yeah sorry, Bedlam made a terrible move. I am grudging him for a long time.

You guys should bemoaning things being rough instead of praising bad behavior if anything :P

Ohh, we've done plenty of that as well. It was just mostly done to each other on our proboards. Bedlam did more to aid our win condition in one more than we did all game as a group for the most part. I mean, we at least located the artifact, but that was about it.

- Terence McKenna
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Double the number of mafia, cut the village into competing halves. Randomize the population. Add zombies. Hilarity ensues.

add in left4dead director!

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Playing against win condition is never OK.

The game literally falls apart, the whole thing of phalla is tied to win condition.

OrokosPA.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    feh. i dont believe in grudges. I tell you what, when you typed that i was like yay we got a mafi-- OH SHIT HE SAID BANG

Erin The Red on
    edited July 2012
    Double the number of mafia, cut the village into competing halves. Randomize the population. Add zombies. Hilarity ensues.

Yeh, the village being so large give them a lot of solidarity and reinforced the "sit still, don't shoot, do what the captain tells you, anybody who steps out of line dies" play style that occurred throughout the game. That made it extremely difficult for both the zombies and feds. We both needed it to be more wild west and less space drama.

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

One of the big ironies of this game is that it actually needed MORE.

Which considering how tough it already was for Gumpy to track might make things impossible.

How many people were in the Lady's faction? Might not even need to split the crew into competing halves, just have it so that the non-zombies, non-feds and non-lady group want to destroy the artifact.

Playing against win condition is never OK.

meh, yes he tried to harm the fleet so thats against his win con. but from a "mafia" point of view it was the best

sorry i had some enjoyment out of the game but at a certain point i knew it was impossible for us to win

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Yeh, the village being so large give them a lot of solidarity and reinforced the "sit still, don't shoot, do what the captain tells you, anybody who steps out of line dies" play style that occurred throughout the game. That made it extremely difficult for both the zombies and feds. We both needed it to be more wild west and less space drama.

nathan-fillion-malcolm-reynolds.jpg

edited July 2012
    Saber has found the Artifact! Or at least, the crate it should be in. It'll take a day to hack (Preventing you from moving) the code, or you can put it in manually if you know it during the day to grab the Artifact tonight
    Read more: http://forthefederation.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=8#ixzz1ztY64Niq
    Well. I'm not sure it would of been imposable for the Federation to win. If Saber grabbed it early and made his way to the hanger he would of been off the ship before Kime reached the cargo B himself.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!

nathan-fillion-malcolm-reynolds.jpg

Pretty much.

- Terence McKenna
    I am very very tempted to run the Deathnote mini I dreamt up a couple years ago now, thanks to phalla signup thread comments.

SHOULD I? Y/N

OrokosPA.png

Ohh, we've done plenty of that as well. It was just mostly done to each other on our proboards. Bedlam did more to aid our win condition in one more than we did all game as a group for the most part. I mean, we at least located the artifact, but that was about it.

yea, i pointed out all my complaints on the fed proboard

i didnt want to sound like i was whining but i seriously couldnt see us winning

Has there been a firephalla? I would sign up for it nine times

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    why do you ask poll questions you know the response to

liEt3nH.png
    I am very very tempted to run the Deathnote mini I dreamt up a couple years ago now, thanks to phalla signup thread comments.

SHOULD I? Y/N

Y

Saber has found the Artifact! Or at least, the crate it should be in. It'll take a day to hack (Preventing you from moving) the code, or you can put it in manually if you know it during the day to grab the Artifact tonight
    Read more: http://forthefederation.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=8#ixzz1ztY64Niq
    Well. I'm not sure it would of been imposable for the Federation to win. If Saber grabbed it early and made his way to the hanger he would of been off the ship before Kime reached the cargo B himself.

we still had to kill lady belmont, just stealing the cargo was not enough

why do you ask poll questions you know the response to

winner winner chiken dinner

OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2012
    I miss your Zapp rping.

Also add in Crazed A.I.
    or is it sane

"MUST CONTAIN CONTAMINATION "

Egos on

I would have given you more probably.

Oh right, btw, who was the cohost who bailed?

Wasn't there supposed to be a naming and shaming? :lol:

OrokosPA.png
    I miss your Zapp rping.

Also add in Crazed A.I.

Are you in the star wars phalla?

great infidel, all we need is kime going JUST AS PLANNED all game long

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

That was the general plan Warban. But that was going to be tough since I knew Kana had a group that was coming for me and it was going to be tough to keep dodging the vote. Plus everyone who was already suspicious of me on the Wisdom, like Spoit or Anialos.

Even if I got to the hangar, as soon as I got in the shuttle, I had no deniability left. Since I wasn't a pilot, I'd be at the mercy of: 1) things not starting, 2) being shot by fighters, 3) being shot by ships.

And THEN we still had to find and kill Lady Belmont, who we had no clue on.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular

I would have given you more probably.

Oh right, btw, who was the cohost who bailed?

Wasn't there supposed to be a naming and shaming? :lol:

I asked.

Gumpy never obliged.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular

SHOULD I? Y/N

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS