As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Voyage of the 3rd [Phalla] - Game Called - Mafia Victory impossible at the present time.

1919293949597»

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    yeh pretty much

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    On the other hand now we'll always have, "He pulled a Bedlam!"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say this was an amazing game gumpy, there was so much potential for awesome stuff to happen. It sucked for the village and is horrible phalla play but I almost fell out of my chair laughing when bedlam crashed the ships together and as fas as I'm concerned the game may have turned out much less fun if it wasnt for the chaos that created so thanks bedlam.

steam_sig.png
  • mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    On the other hand now we'll always have, "He pulled a Bedlam!"

His infamy will go down in the history of phalla.

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say this was an amazing game gumpy, there was so much potential for awesome stuff to happen. It sucked for the village and is horrible phalla play but I almost fell out of my chair laughing when bedlam crashed the ships together and as fas as I'm concerned the game may have turned out much less fun if it wasnt for the chaos that created so thanks bedlam.

Yeah, I was pretty pissy about this when it first happened, but as time goes by I'm realizing that it was pretty damn funny in an "as long as nobody ever does it again" kind of a way.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    So what was the deal with bedlam now, revenge on the village out of spite?

Bedlam feels he has been slighted by the phalla community and decided to show his displeasure by breaking one of the cardinal rules of phalla.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    f
    Baidol wrote: »

Bedlam feels he has been slighted by the phalla community and decided to show his displeasure by breaking one of the cardinal rules of phalla.

He may find that this was a bad idea, should he ever be allowed to sign up again by future hosts...

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    f

He may find that this was a bad idea, should he ever be allowed to sign up again by future hosts...
    Dramatic much?

• GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular

A desire

to make history

Gumpy wrote: »

A desire

to make history

So what you're saying is Bedlam = Hitler?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Bedlam crashing the ships was one of the best moments.

I really wish this would have went longer, though, so much potential for epic moments. I could jump through space! Was totally planning on space-jumping later in the game. In my mind I would have epically jumped to snatch the artifact in space or blow up a ship running away from it. Ah well.....

But no one should ever do what Bedlam did, even if this time it turned out ok and hilarious.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I really wish this would have went longer, though, so much potential for epic moments. I could jump through space! Was totally planning on space-jumping later in the game. In my mind I would have epically jumped to snatch the artifact in space or blow up a ship running away from it. Ah well.....

But no one should ever do what Bedlam did, even if this time it turned out ok and hilarious.

I disagree that it was ok and hilarious.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.

Ok in that it did not end up hurting the village, hilarious in retrospect and only because it did not hurt the village. It should never be done. Playing against your win condition is, as people have said, the worst thing you can do in the game, completely breaks it. Not the first time this has happened recently :/

Steam profile
  • Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular

You can disagree that it wasnt ok but if you can honestly say that the outcome wasnt entertaining / hilarious I just dont even know what to say.

steam_sig.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Really kime? Killing multiple villagers and putting half the ships on fire isn't hurting the village? Really?

steam_sig.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Glad to hear I wasn't the only one contemplating jumping out into space. I had a flight suit and was in the hangar at one point, so I was really tempted but didn't do it for fear of dying a horrible death by either getting hit by anti-ship turrets or dying from lack of oxygen after two days.

Spoit wrote: »
    Really kime? Killing multiple villagers and putting half the ships on fire isn't hurting the village? Really?

In the end in retrospect. I said that. It is in my post.

Steam profile
    Before this devolves into a thing, let us remember that there are two things here.

1) Acting directly against your win condition is anathema, regardless of circumstances

2) Bedlam ramming the ships caused amusing chaos.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

You can disagree that it wasnt ok but if you can honestly say that the outcome wasnt entertaining / hilarious I just dont even know what to say.

Remember that it killed me.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

In the end in retrospect. I said that. It is in my post.

That the village prevailed despite Bedlam's actions does not retrospectively make his actions 'okay'. Though the village had huge advantages throughout the game, I do not think there can be any denying that Bedlam's actions had anything but a negative effect on the village's power.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Ok in that it did not end up hurting the village, hilarious in retrospect and only because it did not hurt the village. It should never be done. Playing against your win condition is, as people have said, the worst thing you can do in the game, completely breaks it. Not the first time this has happened recently :/

Sportz threw away his vc to off me early on in the arabian phalla recently. That made me sadface.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ah yes, the SPORTZPHALLA method of balancing

steam_sig.png
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I for one liked bedlam's action

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    i approve of bedlam's actions.

some mafia members could have been caught in the ship-ramming.

Lucedes on
    Except that is not why he did it.

Ramming ships to stop infection spread or prevent mafia escape or whatever would have been perfectly valid reasons to take that action, while still playing towards the village win condition.

Bedlam crashed the ships because he threw a tantrum.

• WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    It was a funny action now that the village won, but he still did it purely to spite the village, against his VC.

Oh Baidol got here sooner.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    You know the sad thing is that quite possibly the mafia never even knew what I was up to

Seriously ask orange soda, we had freakin' plots within plots within plots lined up

I had so much fun with this! Once I was pretty sure it wasn't a crazy mafia plot.

You know the sad thing is that quite possibly the mafia never even knew what I was up to

Seriously ask orange soda, we had freakin' plots within plots within plots lined up

I had so much fun with this! Once I was pretty sure it wasn't a crazy mafia plot.

I was kinda wishing I WAS mafia, just because oh man that would've been a great turn around

But without being able to verify as an officer it probably never would've gotten off the ground in the first place

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Stuff -
    At this rate, probably August. I'm not gonna run it while I'm in the hospital, and I got surgery scheduled for the 17th.

Hope all's OK with you, Munkus. Feel better!

If he hadn't gone broken arrow and taken the piss in the cheerios, he'd be the only dead villager. Hell, if he hadn't shot at Mill we might've had a perfect villager victory.

Hehe! Piss in my Cheerios, will ya??!!

Bedlam crashed the ships because he threw a tantrum.

I agree. Games get screwed when someone plays vs their VC.
    Bad form, as @Daniant would say.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    This being only my third phalla, I had no idea playing against your win condition was so verboten but I was utterly amazed that someone would do it. With that, and shabooty apparently randomly offing someone to see if his gun was loaded, I was beginning to get the idea that either this is a thing, or there was some mechanic at work...

STILL laughing at the ship crashing incident.

spool32 wrote: »
    Really fun game, all in all. This really makes me want to run a mini, too. Hopefully I'll be better at running the game than I am at playing them...

You did fine Spool. It's all about just jumping in and doing it. And then jumping in again :)

A game like this can be really overwhelming because there's so much you don't know. I was mafia, knew more than most people, had a spectrum cannon piece, AND was fighting off bandwagons. And I still felt like a very very small piece in this whole game.

Yes but I was really convinced you were Belmont, and would certainly have helped fight off the village to get you off the ship... only kime's order would have stopped me I think, assuming it even came in time.

I was going to lay down my life for a stinking feddie!

Wouldn've been epic.