As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Man Down. [Glossolalia]

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    QpDeN.gif

"Oh come on!" Terry yells, breaking into a sprint to wrap his arms around Faust and maybe hitch a ride on his temporal current.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'll post my update in a bit, Stilts

Been sorta overwhelmed on my end

Super excited for tomorrow, at least!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I'll post my update in a bit, Stilts

Been sorta overwhelmed on my end

Super excited for tomorrow, at least!

So am I.

So

Am

I.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Is tomorrow the start of Dubhgame?

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    DubhVatar.png WAKE UP. CAN YOU HEAR ME? WAKE UP....

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    S4DBW.pngNo.

• Options
    hey now, the game isn't starting yet

you put that vagina away right now

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    W-what

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    mysterynessglee.pngI love these things.

• Options
    that's the last clue, btw

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    so it's going to be a pokemon game, then

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Hey blueman, mind if I change my guy up a bit? Seems too similar to the others.

[Ramel] [13/15] 
    [Barbarian] [Strong] [Determined] 
    I: [Two-Handed Hammer]

Ramel pushes himself to his feet. He growls, stretching his powerful muscles. "The Forest? Do they think this a true test? Are deer and squirrels supposed to scare us?"

• Options
    Shock G wrote: »

ohohohohoho

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Shock G wrote: »

D-do we have amnesia?

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    You're actually reincarnated Pokemon, come to save the human universe this time.

• Options
    good christ, man-bulbasaur

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    daaaaaaaamn

• Options
    edited July 2012
    He's actually the president of the united states in disguise.

Also you can join his WoD larp game.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Dirk "Roundhouse" Johnson [10/15]
    [Fisticuffs][Tough][Tinkerer]
    i: Force multiplier sleeve
    "If you think all that's out here are harmless woodland creatures, then I salute your optimism, friend."

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Two days later...

Flamingulls wheel and dance against the pink sky on the horizon, overlong tail feathers trailing in delicate spirals behind them. Their trills and chirps mix with the slow roll of the waves below as they caress the pale curves of the shore, far gentler than their cousins that crash against the Idollo coast only miles away. Here and there, wooden poles have been planted in the white sands, shrouds of Hot Pink silk draped across them to offer shelter from the warmth of the sun. Tourists linger in the shade, reclined on towels and long chairs, Red, Orange, and Gold beach wear exposing them for the outsiders they are. Men and women in thin tunics carry trays of icy drinks and fresh fruit to the parched or hungry, appearing as needed with a smile and a bow.

Beyond the alabaster sands, rolling hills of rosy grass, speckled with cherry blossom trees and bright pink flowers. Further away, the visitor cabins with their curved roofs and paper walls. Further still, the tall walls of the Eastern Adon Temple, where beautiful men and women in very little dance in celebration of life.

At the far end of the beach, beside a thin little dock, the AHS Adamant rests in the shallows, tropical fish swimming curiously around its treads as they soak beneath the surface of the perfectly clear, impossibly blue water. A small, and very special group gathered beside it on the bleached wood...

[Masn]
    I inhale deeply and tilt my head back to appreciate the sun. After a moment, I look back down at the assembled Unbound, throwing my arms wide to greet them. "Welcome, Unbound, to Adon Island! The City's finest resort destination! I've shuffled some credits around through your various accounts and have set each group up with your own cabin! A tab has been opened and all expenses will be handled by yours truly. The weather is perfect, the water is warm, and the bars are all open!" I beam, the feet of my projection clipping slightly through the sand. "Nothing could possibly go wrong!"

(2 Days Ago)
    [Fregdup]
    Inquisit's searches bring up a handful of useful factoids: Inquizzit is a rapper from Idollo, had a couple of top ten hits and is still producing albums, Why? being his latest. The .50 Magnus is far too common to find anything on, but Karso Thetisson brings up a rap sheet of various petty crimes. Carl Segerri has a record too - lots of minor crimes, and none of it ever stuck in court.

[Iddil]
    The Pizza Guy remains impassive.

All groups are in Masn right now. Lemit, and Karsif, if you want to have done things in the past two days, put them in indent, size 1. Yasteb, you are no longer two days ahead.

Carcer Fhen (Human: Honeyed Tongue) (Unnon) 4
    [Psion] [Sneaky] [Rakish]
    i: [Cane] [Slick Clothes] [Thought Circlet] [Wealth: Comfortable] {-}

Carcer stands up and dust off his shoulders.

1jLgR.gif
    "Remember my dilz," Carcer growls. He throws himself forward in space and backward in time, just enough to give him an extra bit of speed as he tries to grab and pin Faust with Drake and Terry.

@Stilts, I don't suppose I can pay for two upgrades to the same item?

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    This is way more classy bond resort than anime beach party. I like.

Sofie Damnroot IV [Masn] A: [Sun In Eyes (15)] [] []
    35/35 0/4 4/4 3/3 11/21 9/14 0/0 9/9 0/0 0/0 0/0
    [Warrior Princess] [Strong] [Pretty] [Goblin]
    I: [Tinted Glasses][HexCom][Bikini + Beach Wrap]

Sofie stops by the Hex Tower and upgrades her trait, and on the way to the resort purchases some beach appropriate wear.

Sofie walks in, the sun warming her hide and glinting off her shiny orange horns. Her top-half is covered by a bikini top and around her waist is a thin cloth wrapped and tied so that it hangs around her legs. The major designs on all her clothing is a rich orange. A hand on her waist and her eyes shaded behind the orange-tinted lenses of her glasses, the princess smiles and announces, "This is fabulous! Finally, we're getting the royal treatment we deserve. Who here will visit the bars with me?"

Without waiting to find out, Sofie asks a passing employee where to find the best bars in the district.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    [Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif/Masn]] A: [Shit rats (8)] [ ] [ ]
    10/60 0/5 0/5 10/10 0/0 11/11 1/2 0/5 0/0 15/15 6/6 2/2 Auto: On
    [Hoverblade Hoodlum][Hardcore][Manipulative] [Thermokinetic]
    i: Spray Paint, Golden Baseball Bat

Penelope rolls up her sleeves. She looks out on the courtyard. Poor place hasn't been cared for in the past eternity, and that's a pattern she means to break. She assigns whoever she managed to recruit whatever tasks need to be done, and gets to getting her hands dirty.

She's gonna make Stygia the lushest, greenest evil lair anyone's ever heard of, or she'll die trying.

I'll spend whatever points I need to, bossman. Although I'd prefer dimgrey.

"Mighty white of you, throwing this together." Penny's wearing a nice big sun hat and some nice big sunglasses. "I appreciate it." She's also got a nice sharkskin one piece and a gossamer cloth around her waist.

"I'll be maxin', folks. Don't wait up."

She finds a bit of white sand and a pink drink and gets to rotting.

Shock G on
  • Options
    Riish (Kobold: Noble Lineage) (Sanac) 4 points
    [Alchemist] [Energetic] [Well-Read]
    i: [Alchemical Sprayer] [Leather Labcoat] [Bomber's Alchemy Set] {Heavy Duty Gauntlet}

Riish investigates her new alchemy set- she had to back to damn quartermaster three times before they got all the details right. She snuffles, and looks out her bedroom window. Despite her bravado and fire spitting, the demon beyond the portal had unnerved her. It was the stuff of nightmares, and she shuddered at what the demon did to her and everyone else. Hopefully, this Shadar-Kai had some answers. Killing him is a last resort- he seemed more like an ally then an enemy, despite his attempted sabotage.

Time to go.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    @Dubh

[Zee] [Δ Lemit/Masn] A: [Cassandra] [] [] [] :whistle:
    32/37 5/6 0/0 6/6 24/25 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [-] [-] [-] [-]
    i: HexCom

The day before the party, Daliah gets a message on her HEXCom:

"Yol,DSaliah. need a haend n my room./ spaer aa momemntplaese?//-ZZeEe"

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    [Daliah] [Δ Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [ ] [ ]
    24/44 21/25 2/19 7/11 0/0 0/0 1/10 4/27 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Acrobat (Expert)][Baffling] [Catlike Reflexes] [Illusion Magic (Expert)]
    i: [Entropic Daggers x2], Mesmiri Silks, Sheer Blindfold, [Desert Hood]

Daliah shuffles her traits around. Violence was not her intention, so there was no point in keeping a trait that entailed it. [Shadowblade] sold -> [Acrobat (Expert] purchased.

The day before the party...

The beep from the HEXCom rouses Daliah from her meditation. No. He didn't. She flips the device closed and jogs to Zee's room. "Please tell me you did not do what I suspect you did-"

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    [Zee] [Δ Lemit/Masn] A: [Cassandra] [] [] []
    [Coordinator] [Numb] [Carbosilicate Interface] [Kitten]
    i: HexCom, Collar

Zee's room is unlocked, and immaculately kept. His HEXTablet and pocket bits neatly placed in the table, his Casual clothes folded on the corner of his bed.

There is a tiny kitten on the bed, shiny black plastic implanted along its spine, flickering with orange symbols.

A collar has somehow gotten hooked around its neck and under one armpit, perhaps explaining the horrible spelling apparently transmitted from the HEXCom sitting next to it on the bed. It gazes at her with typical feline insouciance.

Okay. Don't panic. I can explain... everything.

But first, get this fucking collar off my arm. These paws are some bullshit.

Cool beans, Zee transmits after the Narrator's embarrassing intro, standing awkwardly on the dock, the sound of splashing water bringing strange and compelling instincts to the fore. I could probably use a drink. A small one.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    [Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif/Masn]] A: [Shit rats (8)] [ ] [ ]

On her way to beautiful rest and relaxation, something gives Penny pause.

"Did you just talk, cat? Or near enough."

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    i: HEXCom, Collar

Yeah, something like that, lady, Zee intones impatiently, carbosilicate back-plate flickering in time with his "words".

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    [Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif]] A: [Shit rats (8)] [ ] [ ]

"Neat. You seem pretty hep. We should kick it."

• Options
    edited July 2012
    [Daliah] [Δ Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [Sun In Eyes] [ ]
    9/44 21/25 2/19 7/11 0/0 0/0 1/10 4/27 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Acrobat (Expert)][Baffling] [Catlike Reflexes] [Illusion Magic (Expert)]
    i: [Entropic Daggers x2], Mesmiri Silks, Sheer Blindfold, [Desert Hood]

Oh, Daliah also totally hired the rats day 1.

"I do not think..." Daliah up and down the hallway, and steps past the threshold into Zee's room, allowing the door to slide shut behind her. "I do not require an explanation." She feels around the collar, and snaps it open. "In another lifetime I was a cat. He had hands, however. Now," she twists the collar around her finger, "what next?"

"This is similar to the beginnings of murder mysteries, yes?" Daliah, wrapped in a purple bandage dress, stands behind Zee. "I have no desire for one. Vacations are rare with this crowd."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    [Cecil] [μ/Iddil] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    20/25 1/11 1/9 10/14 0/0 11/15 0/0 7/7 0/0 0/0 2/2 Auto: On
    [Swimstar][Icthyosapien][Highly Damage Resistant][Psychokinetic] [Scratches], [Severed Arm], [Severed Arm], [Severed Leg], [Severed Leg]
    i: Swim Shorts

Cecil steps off the boat, wearing the same trunks as always. "Weeeeeeeell I'll be seein you guys when the sun goes down. Later!" Cecil launches himself into the water. You know, with the dolphins. They be doin flips and shit. Gettin errebody all wet. Maaaaybe he'll fuck a mermaid?

• Options
  • Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    [Irridan] [μ Iddil/Masn] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 0/10 0/0 10/15 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Physicist][Rational][Thick Skin] [Dwarf]
    i: Wizard Hat, Gown, Toolbelt, Electric Knife

"Ah, the sea! I must say that boat trips are not as bad as I thought they would be. Now, I think it sounds like a good time to try and find some place to get a drink"

So, is it ok if we in Iddill keep doing stuff in size 1? Or is it understood that we hauled Cecil off to a rehex chamber in the two days in between?

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    I think we still have to convince the pizza dude to let us use his scooter

or we could just hail a cab but really we might as well see this thing through

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    just going to fast forward my (2 days ago) stuff to the tower.

[Inquisit] [Ψ Fregdup] A:[Yen ] [ ] [ ]
    10/47 6/8 0/0 2/19 17/17 2/4 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Detective][Rational][Hard Boiled][Self-Modifying Arcanoton(Advanced)]
    i: Sleveless trenchcoat, fedora, cigars, built in (stealth crossbow w/ four spare bolts[palm], magnifying glass, lockpicks, secure data port and cable, lighter))

Fresh out of the Regenerator and having upgraded his racial attribute, Inquisit pulls out his HexComm and does a quick search for the visually loudest tropical print swim trunks on the market, tightening the search for ones guaranteed to not hue shift for at least a week.

With that done (and possibly paid for), he dials up Mr. Marlano's PC AI.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Yeah, I know. As for what's next? We go steal Pikachu, naturally. Those twerps won't know what hit 'em. He pauses.

Oh wait, did you think I had an actual plan with this? The thought process went something like "shit, let's be a cat" and ended there.

Alternate answer: Psychological Warfare.
    He watches Daliah's expression carefully. See? It's working already! Worst case scenario: Disguise! Who would recognize me as a Kitten? It's foolproof.

Hep? Who even says shit like tha- Oh it's you. No beard this time, I see. Zee looks at Penny like she was something stuck to his boot, but that's probably just the default cat expression working its magic.

You got thumbs and an ID that doesn't date you at 2 months old? Let's rock.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    [Irridan] [μ/Iddil] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 0/10 0/0 10/15 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Physicist][Rational][Thick Skin] [Dwarf]
    i: Wizard Hat, Gown, Toolbelt, Electric Knife

"Look, Pizza Dude, I am usually a calm dude. But today, some shit has gone down. As you can see, I am a small man. And my man Cecil over there, well, he is at the moment a small man. That is why he needs medical attention, NOW."

He pauses for a second, before going on.

"I'm not sure what kind of policies your company keeps, but I sure as hex don't think they would look kindly to this headline: "Pizza dude leaves dying man, Company deemed worst ever. So if you would kindly help us along the way, now I would be very happy. I'm reasonable. Most of the time. Don't push me past my limits!"

Luiane on
    Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    [Clyde] [Φ Karsif] A: [Shit Rats (8)] [] []
    35/35 0/10 0/0 6/11 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 0/0 17/17 0/0
    [Duelist] [???] [???] [Parkour]
    I: Beach Shorts, Sword-Breaker, Straw Hat, Man-Purse, Towel

Clyde walks up to the stranger in Penny's group, sporting a snugly fit straw hat with a blue ribbon wrapped around the base, over the brim.

"Well, that's certainly one way to kill the mood, Miss.......wait, what?" Clyde trails off as he glances at the orange cat with the strange spinal plate.

He stares into the creature's eyes, wondering what kind of person, when given infinite possibilities and effective immortality, would choose, of all things, this form?

Unconsciously, the words form on the Duelist's lips, as if pushed inexorably towards the one possible conclusion despite an unwillingness to believe it.

"...Zee?"

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    [Penelope Ahriman] [Φ Karsif]] A: [Shit rats (8)] [ ] [ ]

"A weird subset of purple kids, actually. Pompadours, leather jackets, a spare understanding of native City culture. Nice folks." She looks at Clyde. "You two amigos, amigo?"

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited July 2012

Zee stares at Clyde, complex emotions flicking across a face not well-suited to expressing them. Sup.

So much for a disguise.

Marshmallow on
This discussion has been closed.