As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Mini] Series: [Phalla] Hunters - Village and Various Victory!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I think Obi is going to lose his mind trying to actually like... read through all of these things.
    Saber was threatening earlier to cut a trapezoid into the chest of anyone who crossed him or his master, so that's probably something to check out. He said it at the cantina. You guys weren't there. You couldn't hear it. But it was totes legit. For sheezy

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    I think romanqwerty is the most likely Jon Snow. Unless that happens to be you 38thDoe!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    How the hell is Obi going to keep all this shit tracked?

Good luck, my friend.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    star wars, INANTP, not star craft.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Seems like people are being less than subtle about what they are doing.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Will edited posts with keywords count?

No

If I go over my order allotment, will you use the orders from later in the day or earlier in the day

Later in the day first.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I don't think voting someone out will get you the bounty... Will it? @obifett

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    Anialos wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Just WAIT til the RP posts start coming in. Then no one will know what keywords are what.

No... it's "see" or "hear" in any post. Quite simple

I see what you did there.

I hear that brother.

Who shall we seek to murder tonight, then?

I hear that Bedlam may have done something.
    Will we see votes for him I wonder?

You all seem to be rather bloodthirsty today

• Options
    Seems to me that getting paid via a bounty by voting someone out would mean a bunch of us get a ticket out of here pretty easily.

• Options

Whatchu talking about Baidol, I have done exactly jack and squat so far.

On the other hand, yeah, if we have people with multiple roles, gonna be easy to figure out who is who, I think.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    star wars, INANTP, not star craft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J4cvOjaROM

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Assuran wrote: »

On the other hand, yeah, if we have people with multiple roles, gonna be easy to figure out who is who, I think.

I'm talking about their orders, you see, Assuran.

• Options
    I don't think voting someone out will get you the bounty... Will it? @obifett

It will not.

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    In Phallance, everyone had cover names as well. I'd expect that's true here too.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Nah, I don't know the whole story yet. Also he didn't blow up my ship. But Anialos ignored my pm in that breath of fire game. And that's just rude.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Don't let that hatred seep too far into your soul, 38thDoe.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    Just WAIT til the RP posts start coming in. Then no one will know what keywords are what.

No... it's "see" or "hear" in any post. Quite simple

I see what you did there.

I hear that brother.

Who shall we seek to murder tonight, then?

I hear that Bedlam may have done something.
    Will we see votes for him I wonder?

You all seem to be rather bloodthirsty today

Bloodthirsty! That's unheard of!

• Options

I'm talking about their orders, you see, Assuran.

Oh, no, I got that part. I was just letting you know I haven't done anything yet. I'm just trying to follow where this thread is going.

OTOH, at least I'm not in the dark in this game yet.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    KEYWORD KEYWORD

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    KEYWORD KEYWORD

Way to be obvious trying to cover your Jedi ways 38thDoe!

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular

Or they are trying to seed misinformation, its what I would follow up on if I was trying to confuse what my role was. That and type a ton of text when I actually used my keywords to try to obfuscate them.

• Options
    Parsing that out is going to be tough. We all know the villager keywords at this point, but there's no telling what the rest of them are.

• Options

Or they are trying to seed misinformation, its what I would follow up on if I was trying to confuse what my role was. That and type a ton of text when I actually used my keywords to try to obfuscate them.

Yep.

I still think it might take a couple days, but we might be able to figure out exactly what is going on if we keep a vigilant eye on what people are saying.

• Options
    Parsing that out is going to be tough. We all know the villager keywords at this point, but there's no telling what the rest of them are.

Ah, but through the shear volume of posts we can match keywords people post. Word frequencies on stems and such

Or we would, if I wasn't lazy

• Options

Yep.

I still think it might take a couple days, but we might be able to figure out exactly what is going on if we keep a vigilant eye on what people are saying.

Maybe some of the keywords aren't words at all, but bbcode, or chain quoting. Maybe even emoticons! :winky:

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2012
    REMINDER: Include the host in all PMs and proboards.

No communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread except on those two forms of communication.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Will having multiple keywords always render the post useless or will it be salvageable provided that there is more of one keyword than the other or only one keyword is used in the post?

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Will having multiple keywords always render the post useless or will it be salvageable provided that there is more of one keyword than the other or only one keyword is used in the post?

It will always invalidate an order post.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I hope Obi can find all the keywords with them hidden in people's posts. I mean, the "find" function of the browser will probably help, but that's a lot to go through.

I have no grudges this game! Let's go with BertezBertez for repeating himself in his name.

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Let's figure out the best way to proceed hear.

I don't really understand the bounty board at all. Can someone explain what that's for? Was that in the last Obi Star Wars game?

• Options
    I think the bounty board is a list of the mafia. When we take them out, they'll get cross off.

• Options
    On a side note, if you didn't get to play in Phallance, go read it. Now!

The narrations are amazing and there's some really interesting plays by all the sides in it.

• Options
    7 seems like much too large a mafia in a game with 25 players.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if the last two aren't jedi because some of us can bribe someone to run the blockade.

• Options
    That would be my guess. There wouldn't be a win con for escaping if there wasn't a way to do it.

And it would make sense to have a couple of survival neutrals.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Ctrl + F

Type "see"

And there you go.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Since we're nominally all civilians and this phalla ends on a timer, should we assume that we have the standard loadout of special roles, like vigs and guard?

• Options
    quote="SLyM;23616290"]Ctrl + F

Type "see"

And there you go.[/quote]

And note those around them. And make sure it's not in a quote tree. Or a broken quote tree, like this

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    You can turn off nested quotes if you want.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Phyphor's right. Thear is a lot more to it than that.

Is it possible that some of the people with bounties are themselves bounty hunters? You know, wretched hive, scum and villainy, yadda yadda yadda.