As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] 2012 Assassins Ball! (Ordering open until the 31st) [108!]

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    ramen215 wrote: »
    Received my kit today :D, just registered it on the site, but i have one small problem.

My symbol looks like this on the site: http://phenixone.com/wp-content/themes/yoko/resources/php/service.image.symbol.php?symbol_id=134

But my actual symbol looks like BHGYT (pink perimeter of square with little black triangle in top left) in the rules: http://www.phenixone.com/resources/games/AssassinsBall/AssassinsBall_Rules_PRIME_Draft2.pdf (second page)

Is that going to be a problem? I'm guessing not, but I'd like to make sure :)

Great! Thanks for the heads up on your symbol! This is a bug on the site that I'll fix tomorrow. :)

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    I got my kit today and it is way cool. More than I expected! Watch out Sparkly Ponies I got your number and it is on my card! Robot Ninjas will sneak up on you and you will not even know it!

• Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    Jeppy wrote: »
    I got my kit today and it is way cool. More than I expected! Watch out Sparkly Ponies I got your number and it is on my card! Robot Ninjas will sneak up on you and you will not even know it!

Robot Ninjas UNITE!

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    Shoow42Shoow42 Registered User new member
    I'm in. Two kits for Robot Ninjas and I'm dragging another couple into the mix. Let's get sneaky people!!

• Options
    FourT2FourT2 SeattleRegistered User regular
    In for 3 kits for my group, just placed an order - Varsity Dead. This will be our first year playing, third PAX. Sounds like fun!

pg1lub26cgqx.png
  • Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    Kits in. Assassin status achieved.

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Great, I'm glad you like it!

ramen215 wrote: »

Robot Ninjas UNITE!

Let the rivalries begin!

Shoow42 wrote: »
    I'm in. Two kits for Robot Ninjas and I'm dragging another couple into the mix. Let's get sneaky people!!
    FourT2 wrote: »
    In for 3 kits for my group, just placed an order - Varsity Dead. This will be our first year playing, third PAX. Sounds like fun!

Awesome guys, seeing a jump in kit orders! Up to 55 people now! Just updated the faction populations, here's where we stand:

Faction Populations
    • Kingsport Raiders [13]
    • Robot Ninjas [10]
    • Varsity Dead [9]
    • Cowboy 'Verse [12]
    • Sparkly Ponies [13]

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    T1GZT1GZ Kent, WARegistered User regular
    Just ordered my kit. Watch out, cause us varsity players are no joke. "Varsity Dead football rules!" Hahaha!

"I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!"

Guess the quote then send me a PM.
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    LewieP wouldnt let me be a sparkly pony cos he said My Little Pony sucked, so I've gone for another faction that isn't zombie, cos they scare me lots.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    anaxareteanaxarete Registered User regular
    This looks super fun! Eagerly anticipating how the final Cowboy 'Verse buttons will look. Not sure if this has been covered before, but if we're cosplaying, is it alright to take off our badge when taking photos?

• Options
    peterhuzzajpspeterhuzzajps Registered User regular
    what is the shipping time if I live in the US? don't want to order and not get the kit before PAX.

• Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    anaxarete wrote: »
    This looks super fun! Eagerly anticipating how the final Cowboy 'Verse buttons will look. Not sure if this has been covered before, but if we're cosplaying, is it alright to take off our badge when taking photos?

Idk, it'd be pretty funny to see another Assassin sneak up on you in a picture, lol.

• Options
    TihshoTihsho Registered User regular
    Sparkly pony here, only faction without a back story. Doesn't need one.

A PAX in every mall! Genius!
  • Options
    JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    I can't wait to have the head of a Sparkly Pony hanging on my wall as a trophy.

• Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    hmm...anyone know if LTACosta's dad is playing? I might have to sign up just so he has someone to kill again :P

• Options
    T1GZ wrote: »
    Just ordered my kit. Watch out, cause us varsity players are no joke. "Varsity Dead football rules!" Hahaha!

Great! The horde is growing!

This looks super fun! Eagerly anticipating how the final Cowboy 'Verse buttons will look.

Thanks! Cowboy 'Verse buttons should be go by the end of the week, got a good idea for them that should look sweet.

Not sure if this has been covered before, but if we're cosplaying, is it alright to take off our badge when taking photos?

Preferably not, but if the badge really detracts from your costume then it's ok. I'm assuming you're talking about posed pictures with others and not just random pics while you're walking around the center. Keep in mind you cannot assassinate someone unless your badge is on.

what is the shipping time if I live in the US? don't want to order and not get the kit before PAX.

Shipping time is 3-5 days in the US. Cutoff for shipping kits is August 22, after that date any orders will need to be picked up at the convention. If you will be leaving early, like for PAX DEV, and you think your kit may not be shipped in time let me know and I can carry it with me to give to you.

Tihsho wrote: »
    Sparkly pony here, only faction without a back story. Doesn't need one.

Thanks! :D Coincidentally I've finally got a good idea for the ponies back story! Can't say if it will be up soon but boys and girls alike should be pleased.

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Expect to get a unicorn horn in the ribs. Or a sonic rainboom dropped on you. Or.....uhh...apples and the party cannon thrown at you.

Maybe I should have lead with the cannon...

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Expect to get a unicorn horn in the ribs. Or a sonic rainboom dropped on you. Or.....uhh...apples and the party cannon thrown at you.
    Maybe I should have lead with the cannon...

Sparkly Ponies Death Blossom!

tr0tsky wrote: »
    hmm...anyone know if LTACosta's dad is playing? I might have to sign up just so he has someone to kill again :P

tr0tsky, you're always so generous about letting LTACosta's dad take you out! :D

The Varsity Dead button has been finalized and ordered (Rush, Rush)! Check it out!

1.5_INCH_ROUND.png

I'm committed to getting the remaining buttons ready for ordering this weekend (also Rush, Rush). I've got some ideas for them but shout out if you have any suggestions!

Also the current player count and faction populations are now up to date in the OP.

Faction Populations
    • Kingsport Raiders [16]
    • Robot Ninjas [12]
    • Varsity Dead [12]
    • Cowboy 'Verse [12]
    • Sparkly Ponies [14]

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    BearTheHumanBearTheHuman Registered User regular
    Kits are ordered (2). Varisty Dead has two more members!

• Options
    Kits are ordered (2). Varisty Dead has two more members!

Great, thanks! I'm waiting on more badge holders to arrive tomorrow afternoon so your kits will ship out Friday night or Saturday morning.

• Options
    seckzeeseckzee Saphyre SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'll be ordering mine soon. I'm waiting to see if the PAX ladies want to do a branded group. We have a facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133337816739655/

I also plan to join the sparkly ponies so mentally note that somewhere.

• Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular

I ordered mine on the 4th and received it today (9th) from cross country, so there's still plenty of time!

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    heh yea I just ordered last night and got a message that they are shipping. now I am trying to figure out a button or something as loot...not sure what to do.

• Options
    seckzee wrote: »
    I'll be ordering mine soon. I'm waiting to see if the PAX ladies want to do a branded group. We have a facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133337816739655/

I also plan to join the sparkly ponies so mentally note that somewhere.

Great! :D
    jukkakhan wrote: »

I ordered mine on the 4th and received it today (9th) from cross country, so there's still plenty of time!

Awesome, good to hear it got to you quickly and thanks for letting us know how long it took!
    heh yea I just ordered last night and got a message that they are shipping. now I am trying to figure out a button or something as loot...not sure what to do.

Anyone else got some suggestions for loot?

• Options
    ptriz21_teamkillptriz21_teamkill Registered User regular
    Anyone else got some suggestions for loot?

My group has a lot of guild/clan stickers, will probably use those.

Also is there a rule or guideline that protects a player from being killed if he is in the process of killing someone, getting their missions, giving them a parting gift etc?

3DS: 3325-2059-2105
  • Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    I'll be giving one of my buttoneering buttons as a gift to my killed and killer.

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    I'll probably have an A4 Altair or Ezio with me as my loot :)

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    DragonLord625DragonLord625 Registered User regular
    Went with Sparkly Ponies, go team ponies! Wait...nm, may have to whack ya! Go me!

• Options
    My group has a lot of guild/clan stickers, will probably use those.
    I'll be giving one of my buttoneering buttons as a gift to my killed and killer.
    I'll probably have an A4 Altair or Ezio with me as my loot :)

Awesome!

Also is there a rule or guideline that protects a player from being killed if he is in the process of killing someone, getting their missions, giving them a parting gift etc?

There's no rule that's specifically says this but there is one concerning assassinating a player who is performing an action that is relevant.

Should your target be performing an activity that would be disrupted by you approaching them please wait for the player to finish before approaching.

Went with Sparkly Ponies, go team ponies! Wait...nm, may have to whack ya! Go me!

Haha, great! :D

• Options
    Woohoo! Got our kits today. Robot ninjas on our way.

• Options
    Woohoo! Got our kits today. Robot ninjas on our way.

Great!

Working to get the final two buttons ready this weekend. Here's the preview for Cowboy 'Verse!

1.5_INCH_ROUND.png

Let us know your thoughts and suggestions! Thanks!

• Options
    What's the ruling on killing within factions? Is it not allowed, frowned upon, only on the last day? I need to know how high to crank my paranoia meter to!

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    What's the ruling on killing within factions? Is it not allowed, frowned upon, only on the last day? I need to know how high to crank my paranoia meter to!

Killing within factions is 100% allowed. At this point factions are a personal preference rather than a group mechanic.

Note that it's more than likely you will receive a target that is of your own faction if you kill enough people but you don't have to kill someone if you don't want to. :)

• Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    I think I'll do this differently. If it's of my own faction, I may offer them a test of skill to survive the sting of my (purely metaphorical) blade. I care more about having fun than scoring points. :-)

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    I think I'll do this differently. If it's of my own faction, I may offer them a test of skill to survive the sting of my (purely metaphorical) blade. I care more about having fun than scoring points. :-)

Please do! Fun is what it's all about! :D

• Options

Killing within factions is 100% allowed. At this point factions are a personal preference rather than a group mechanic.

Note that it's more than likely you will receive a target that is of your own faction if you kill enough people but you don't have to kill someone if you don't want to. :)

Good to know, thanks! I think I'll be lenient towards my fellow Varsity Dead members... At least until my back is against the wall; when that happens, look out!

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Good to know, thanks! I think I'll be lenient towards my fellow Varsity Dead members... At least until my back is against the wall; when that happens, look out!

No problem! Alliances and such are totally allowed and encouraged! Part of the reason I added the factions to the game was to give some story so that things like this would be easier! :) I'm hoping to add more story to the game down the line but without affecting the core idea of assassins.

Speaking of story I received a message from the Sparkly Ponies today and they are pissed. They do not like having their faction page blank and demand restitution. Luckily I was able to talk them down from stampeding but the price was high. They want two buttons, one for boy and one for girls! Check out the boys version below and let me know what you think!

1.5_INCH_ROUND_BOY.png

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    draco24draco24 Registered User regular
    Yay, I got my kit this weekend! :)

Boo, it's missing the pin. :(

• Options
    draco24 wrote: »
    Yay, I got my kit this weekend! :)

Boo, it's missing the pin. :(

Great! Pins will be given out at the convention, I don't have all of them in hand for every faction yet.

• Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I'm not a Sparkly Pony, but I think some people might be slightly upset if the guys' pin is all tough and the girls' pin ends up being frilly and... pink.

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
This discussion has been closed.