As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• LordNibblerLordNibbler Registered User regular
    No entries yet!

signature.png

signature.png

Twitter
    PSN: JPBrowncoat Xbox: BamSaidTheLaday Also on Steam! Streaming games!
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

You know, there's actually an in-game event for that ...

...oh gods damn it, now you've got me wanting to find that.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    So @Viking stole the upper hand and gifted me something that isn't even out yet. OMD2! This war is getting dirty. Then in my angry blast, @Sutibunri sends me some steampunk Guns of Icarus. I must go to bed and ponder my next moves.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Mackenzier wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    Wahaha! My wife broke down and got a Steam account. For Bejewelled 3, mind you... but it is a start!
    Yes, but Bejewelled leads to Puzzle Quest. Puzzle Quest leads to Torchlight. And before you know it, she'll be scarfing down indie bundles with both hands. So it has been written. So it shall come to pass.

Hehe! I am going to be watching the Indie sales now for things she might enjoy.

There is only one logical game for you to get her

Amnesia

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Decoy wrote: »
    W00t! Orcs Must Die! 2 prepurchase is live!

Niiiiiiice!

Extra nice: comes in a 2-pack! Is this the first time we've seen a 2-pack on Steam?

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Niiiiiiice!

Extra nice: comes in a 2-pack! Is this the first time we've seen a 2-pack on Steam?

... Frozen Synapse?

• mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So Prince of Persia '08 is unplayable for me because it basically freezes every time I try to start a new game. I mean, it doesn't truly freeze, but the loading screen animates in extreme slow motion, like maybe one frame every five seconds until I finally lose patience and ctrl+alt+del the damn thing.

The really sad part is...I have owned PoP08 since last summer sale, and am only finding this out now because I have never installed it.

I don't think I had a problem with the loading screens, but when I was playing, any particle effects in-game would pretty much make it grind to a halt for a few seconds. It was pretty frustrating, so I quit playing.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So Prince of Persia '08 is unplayable for me because it basically freezes every time I try to start a new game. I mean, it doesn't truly freeze, but the loading screen animates in extreme slow motion, like maybe one frame every five seconds until I finally lose patience and ctrl+alt+del the damn thing.

The really sad part is...I have owned PoP08 since last summer sale, and am only finding this out now because I have never installed it.
    Try verifying the game cahce!

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The Ship is technically a 2 pack.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    RE: PoP 2008 slow framerate issue

Has anyone tried the steps from this steam forums thread.
    Open dare.ini in the game folder, and change DISABLE_OPTIMISATION=FALSE to DISABLE_OPTIMISATION=TRUE. Save the file and try again.

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Prince of Persia is where it's located.

Decoy on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Relations have improved with the city state @jman711! You are now allies!

They provide luxury resources: CiV Polynesian pack

steam_sig.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    Wahaha! My wife broke down and got a Steam account. For Bejewelled 3, mind you... but it is a start!
    Yes, but Bejewelled leads to Puzzle Quest. Puzzle Quest leads to Torchlight. And before you know it, she'll be scarfing down indie bundles with both hands. So it has been written. So it shall come to pass.

Hehe! I am going to be watching the Indie sales now for things she might enjoy.

There is only one logical game for you to get her

Amnesia
    "So I guess this is a game about walking around this weird houOH GOD"

• TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    So I'm hoping that nothing too crazy comes up for a couple days here. Starting to feel the steam sale hit.
    So far I am in for: SSF4:AE, Binding of Isaac DLC, Trine 2, Witcher 2, Shogun 2, and The Walking dead.

steam_sig.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Portal 2 came in a 2-pack.

and actually, The Ship is a 5-pack - the 2 gift copies you get each have another gift copy hidden inside them.

SaraLuna on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »

Niiiiiiice!

... Frozen Synapse?

Kind of, but that's basically a compulsory 2-pack. There's no way to buy a single copy of the game. Same with The Ship.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Many thanks to @TychoCelchuuu for Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That!.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Cubemen has a two pack.

• PemulisPemulis Registered User regular
    I can wait until the winter sale for Gods & Kings. Definitely. Probably. Maybe?

• projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Pemulis wrote: »
    I can wait until the winter sale for Gods & Kings. Definitely. Probably. Maybe?

Call me?

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Latest flash is Europa Universalis III, in case anyone hadn't taken a look at the main page in the last twenty minutes or so. 75% off, $3.74.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    BTW, that gamestop deal is insane. Grabbed some 360 games I don't ever play anymore, either because I own them on PC now or because I just got tired of them (Just Cause 2, Mass Effect 2, AC Brotherhood, The Saboteur, and a couple others) and got $50 in steam credit.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    Paging Steam User RanCiel810, paging Steam User RanCiel810:

Your profile does not indicate your PA Forums name, and a search of RanCiel on the forums comes up empty.

Let it be known, however, that you are among the ranks of those already identified as Classy folk.

Thank you, thank you, for the gift of Warlock - Master of the Arcane.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    signature.png

Ending in less than an hour!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    @custom special has declared a gift war against me while gifting me Civ V as I put the kids to bed. Unfortunately, it will probably be the last time I see them as I will be consumed by its charms.

Class has forced me to dip into my city-state reserves and retaliate against him, and a few other lads. Winter is coming.
    My wife is going to murder me.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • KamiKami Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @Gear Girl and @Arcas for Nuclear Dawn! That game looks extremely interesting, as I love me some RTS hybrids!

• WiddershinzWiddershinz Registered User regular
    Come on Game of Thrones!

Steam ID widdershinsaus
  • Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    So I got home from work to find that @Mercade gave me Fallout New Vegas, and @Striderjg followed it up with the Honest Hearts DLC! I love the fallout games so this is awesome, thanks you guys!

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Ze hours, zey are winding down! I don't mean on Walking Dead (which I just shelled out for, and I am NOT buying myself anything else tonight aside from dinner), I mean this!
    signature.png

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Thank you @JMan711 for Guns of Icarus, I had been in the middle of purchasing copies to gift out to others as you struck, ensuring I too would enjoy some Steampunk.
    @AerynKelly Sent me Dead Rising 2: Off the Record in retaliation for my gifting spree, truly, a much too generous retort. I get to be Frank West again!
    @Inzigna apparently hates Steampunk, as in retaliation for a copy of Guns Of Icarus, I received a copy of F.E.A.R. 3.. which I'm sure will be terrifying.

So there I am in the PA chat. When suddenly, @abstrakt was like, 'Imma pull an Oprah.' And with that, looks like I will be killing zombies in the walking dead tonight.

Class. http://ross-harvey.com/media/lg_classy-gent-1237440786.jpg

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    I had a problem getting Dead Rising 2: OTR to recognize my controller, and I encountered a sound glitch that cut out all game sound for that session (but I could still get sound from the GFWL menu), but its DR2. The game is fun, and I look forward to playing more of it.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Mercutio87 wrote: »
    So I got home from work to find that @Mercade gave me Fallout New Vegas, and @Striderjg followed it up with the Honest Hearts DLC! I love the fallout games so this is awesome, thanks you guys!

PHEW! I was worried. I was looking at the dlc from the flash sale and noticed you had it on your WL, so had my opportunity for revenge *cut to evil laugh*, then after getting it and sending it, I notice you had the BASE game on your WL too! I was hoping that would work out:)

steam_sig.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    @Big Isy just sent me Skyrim after casually mentioning that I regretted not buying it during the daily. His class is legend.

@Big Isy, that is great justice.

How's everyone doing? Tough catching up on the thread after a day with limited internet. Keep calm. Stay hydrated. Remember, we're not even half way through.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @knight_ for his classy gift of Renegade Ops. I had no idea what it was but it looks like I get to blow crap up, which is always a win.

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So there I am in the PA chat. When suddenly, @abstrakt was like, 'Imma pull an Oprah.' And with that, looks like I will be killing zombies in the walking dead tonight.

Class. http://ross-harvey.com/media/lg_classy-gent-1237440786.jpg
    You get your brains eaten! And YOU get your brains eaten! And YOU get your brains eaten!

Everyone gets their brains eaten!

Hope you enjoy it bud

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So I'm just chilling out watching "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" when what should appear? Yeah, that Classy Aussie @KafkaAU has struck again and gifted me "Age of Empire III: Complete Collection"! Between that, CK2, Shogun 2, Civ IV, and Mount & Blade: Warband - I don't think I'll ever not be managing something for a long while.

50433.png?1708759015
    Anyone else get disconnected from Steam?

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

Yep, I got booted as well.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

for like half a second, yeah

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

For like, 30 seconds, maybe?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
This discussion has been closed.