As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] It's not punny how much of a thorn in my side Zyra will be.

1939495969799»

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Topia wrote: »
    Asking for a position, as last pick especially, then losing it should be a ban-able offence.

The thing that sucked about it, and I still didn't rage on my team because I don't do that, is that at champ select our exchange went like this.

Me: "Mid please."
    Last pick: "Let me mid."
    "Josh...."
    "...."
    "...."
    Me: "Nah, I want to mid. I have a huge win streak going and I want to keep it up. =)"
    Last pick: "Okay, I'll go Ahri top. I do great against those bruisers."
    Me: "I know you're trying to troll me into giving you mid because you will lose hard if you try to Ahri top into Irelia, but I don't really care. You can just have mid, and I'll top."
    "Last pick: "Thanks."

Then he sucks dick. At the end of the game the blitzcrank asked me why I'm the only one on the team who didn't insult him and rage on him for doing badly, and I told him I don't rage on teammates, no matter what. I firmly believe we could've won that game if the Nocturne was focused on trying to win instead of insulting Cassio and Blitz. He made them play worse with his shitty attitude and it helped contribute to us losing when we were on our way to me carrying hard as Riven.

It still doesn't change that it's annoying as fuck to get trolled by the guy who played mid when I would've probably won mid even harder than I did top since I don't even like playing top. I don't worry about it though, because it's just a game, and I was bound to end my winning streak eventually anyway. =)

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Talith wrote: »
    the messing around they did with garen is just like...

so many changes that accomplish very little in how the character plays

i really wish they took judgement and the concept of his ult and did a full rework

Wasn't that entirely the point of the changes? Keep the way he plays the same but increase his viability.

Yeah, he didn't need a rework, he just needed to not fall off a cliff late game, which is precisely what they targeted with the changes.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    So I totally bought Sejuani and Corki but now the question is do I just say fuck it and buy Jarvan? I still have like 6 champs I have bought and not learned but I hate to miss them when they are on sale. This game... Gah.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    "League of Legends is good!"
    "It is good!"
    "and it's free!"
    "it's so free."
    "How much money have you spent on League of Legends?"
    "I have spent eight thousand dollars."

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    no but really who wants to make a website that chronicles the changes in splash art/character art over the seasons?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Ok so Leona/Xin top on bots is irritating as all hell. Trying rengar in the jungle now.

People are doing it to counter the support/carry boring-ass meta. Just make sure you have an ADC on your team and gg.

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    "League of Legends is good!"
    "It is good!"
    "and it's free!"
    "it's so free."
    "How much money have you spent on League of Legends?"
    "I have spent eight thousand dollars."

seriously. I have an amount of RP leftover that can't buy anything.

the urge to fix that is increasing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Liking the kat changes.
    Would like to see her murderlane bot.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Oh no. Someone in this thread warned of the fatal attraction of trying to be good at Lee Sin. I just played 2 bot games with him and I think I have it now D:

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Eddy wrote: »
    Ok so Leona/Xin top on bots is irritating as all hell. Trying rengar in the jungle now.

People are doing it to counter the support/carry boring-ass meta. Just make sure you have an ADC on your team and gg.

Nah this was Coop vs Ai, the bots did it to troll me.

Going to play New Kat in a normal (blind pick) game now

*edit* Uh oh, mirror match mid

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    So nasus vs vayne top update. Karulytic and I did a custom game to try it out 1 v 1, he as vayne and I as the mighty nasus. I eventually won, but actually the early game vayne pain train was hard to avoid as nasus. With a jungler lurking, I definately think that vayne would have been in trouble, but in straight up 1 v 1 fighting, vayne has the edge early. However, once I got some farm/gp 10s as nasus and got wither down to a reasonable CD, vayne really couldn't do a whole lot unless she had tower support. The lifesteal was generally too much for the poke and in straight up engages wither would carry the day. I am sure a very skilled nasus or vayne could have swayed the data, but we dont both play them regularly.

We also debated what to max on vayne first for top lane. I said against nasus or anyone with a good slow, you should max tumble first to drop the cd down as low as possible, else any jungle visit would likely end veyr badly for poor vayne. Karulytic claimed that you should max silver bolts first to better counter your top lane bruiser opponent. Thoughts? I think against warwick or other top without a gap closer slow, silver bolts is the way to go. However, I dont think that would be the case for a nasus/jayce/renekton matchup.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    q first. The damage increase on it increases poke more than silver bolts does. Most of the time you don't get the full three attacks off anyway. You will always get a q tumble in, especially once you've gotten its CD down very low

w is the worst first level for any Vayne. Q has the utility CD, e has the damage.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    q first. The damage increase on it increases poke more than silver bolts does. Most of the time you don't get the full three attacks off anyway. You will always get a q tumble in, especially once you've gotten its CD down very low

w is the worst first level for any Vayne. Q has the utility CD, e has the damage.

I main'd Vayne for 80 or so games. Q first every single time. So Jarvan, worth the sale price or pass? Any opinions?

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    corin7 wrote: »

I main'd Vayne for 80 or so games. Q first every single time. So Jarvan, worth the sale price or pass? Any opinions?

IMO save your RP for skin.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    corin7 wrote: »

IMO save your RP for skin.

My general philosophy is that 6300 champs are definitely worth picking up on sale if you think you might be interested in playing them, by anything below that you're probably better off just using IP.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    So nasus vs vayne top update. Karulytic and I did a custom game to try it out 1 v 1, he as vayne and I as the mighty nasus. I eventually won, but actually the early game vayne pain train was hard to avoid as nasus. With a jungler lurking, I definately think that vayne would have been in trouble, but in straight up 1 v 1 fighting, vayne has the edge early. However, once I got some farm/gp 10s as nasus and got wither down to a reasonable CD, vayne really couldn't do a whole lot unless she had tower support. The lifesteal was generally too much for the poke and in straight up engages wither would carry the day. I am sure a very skilled nasus or vayne could have swayed the data, but we dont both play them regularly.

We also debated what to max on vayne first for top lane. I said against nasus or anyone with a good slow, you should max tumble first to drop the cd down as low as possible, else any jungle visit would likely end veyr badly for poor vayne. Karulytic claimed that you should max silver bolts first to better counter your top lane bruiser opponent. Thoughts? I think against warwick or other top without a gap closer slow, silver bolts is the way to go. However, I dont think that would be the case for a nasus/jayce/renekton matchup.

I agree with what was said above, tumble is certainly the first skill vayne should take. There is some leeway for condemn vs bolts in a solo lane where it's going to be nearly impossible to stick someone to a wall.

As the game progresses, I expect Nasus would be able to overtake Vayne in a 1v1, because he's designed for ruining a ad carry's day. But I think it misses the point that Nasus won't be able to stop Vayne from getting farmed in the early to mid game, and after that she won't be fighting 1v1 anymore, and would be more of a benefit to her team than a well farmed Nasus, as scary as he is.

I would download a car.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Decisions, decisions. If I had to pick between Kat or Diana, who would I pick? Or do I skip both for now and wait on Rengar?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Decisions, decisions. If I had to pick between Kat or Diana, who would I pick? Or do I skip both for now and wait on Rengar?

Kat. I may be biased though. New thread is up btw.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    /thread
    @Rorus Raz or @Echo

Hargaad of Omnar on
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I'm going to start posting in this all the time again just for Varega.

So I didn't have enough IP for Moon Lady or Kat so I picked up Eve for jungle. Good idea?

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND JUST SUPPORTED HIS WAY TO SILVER (1414)?

THIS GUY!

• Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I just started playing this game this week so i don't go crazy waitingfor GW2, i am really loving this game.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wow. Just got raged at for building Rylai's on Zyra. A super squishy mage who needs enemies to sit still a little to get her full combo off.

Survival. Check.
    AP. Check.
    CC. Check.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I build that on most my AP's. AP, health, and a slow. What's not to like?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Exactly. It's just a good item, but they were acting like I had bought a gunblade or something.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy