Options

Thoughts and Prayers for the people in Aurora

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Oh good this thread is still open

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444246904577571042249868040.html?mod=e2tw

Bill Maher is insane when it comes to medicine. It's not exactly an excuse to say "oh he just thinks they are all some type of live vaccine" because it doesn't fully explore his insanity.

I stopped watching his show after every episode starting bringing up his fucking holistic doctor and complaining about the glue from the stickers on fruit and suggesting that the real problem with the health industry is "too many tests"

Yes. Diagnostic medicine is evil. Tell us more about your holistic doctor, please.

This all from a man who constantly complains about his yuppie audience, on camera, standing 20 feet from them.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Oh good this thread is still open

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444246904577571042249868040.html?mod=e2tw

Bill Maher is insane when it comes to medicine. It's not exactly an excuse to say "oh he just thinks they are all some type of live vaccine" because it doesn't fully explore his insanity.

I stopped watching his show after every episode starting bringing up his fucking holistic doctor and complaining about the glue from the stickers on fruit and suggesting that the real problem with the health industry is "too many tests"

Yes. Diagnostic medicine is evil. Tell us more about your holistic doctor, please.

isolating variables and measuring their effects through repeated trials is just more Methodist Anti-Holistic Bigotry from Big Science

Brolo on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Big Pharma is double-blind to the power of wheatgrass juice and chi manipulation.

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    It is a government conspiracy

All the studies that show holistic medicine works? None of the scientists are ever heard from again

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Big Pharma False Flag

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Dimosar wrote: »
    Berk wrote: »
    what was peoples opions on LA Noire?

It's a very, very good movie.

Good in small sections, but overall far too long and meandering. I dont recommend playing it all at once, take it instead as 4 seperate narratives (its broken up as such so thats probably best). Also abandon any hope of your detective skills actually helping with cases, its pretty arbitrary and intentionally misleading when it comes to clues and outcomes, but once you kind of accept that you can just enjoy the brilliant rendition of the period and the little vignettes and stories.

Also obligatory: Phelps is a giant douche, think of him as a subversive challenge to the traditional likeable/relatable/comprehensible protagonist most narratives go for

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    LA Noire was great apart from the last 30min-1hour, which I thought was fucking shit

Some of the bizarre character developments for Phelps were really off putting too.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    Bill Maher is the anti-vaccination fucknut

the writer who likes him needs to try again

He doesn't actually know what vaccines are (thinks they're all live culture), however he's completely correct about the specific vaccines that his most egregious rant was about

That bird flu vaccine was a crock of shit and not even for the correct strain that was going around. He said "sometimes vaccines are a good idea, sometimes they aren't" then "the science isn't settled". He's flat wrong about number 2 and mostly wrong about number one. He believes "toxins" are responsible for problems in contexts where that doesn't make a lick of sense.

He also believes that if America stopped eating pizza and drinking soda for half their caloric intake that universal healthcare would suddenly be super affordable - he's wrong about the reasons (believing healthy eating makes you disease proof) of course, because he's a bit cooky, but that is correct!

His biggest hobby horse is overprescription of drugs and unnecessary surgery, maher is right about those. Prescription drugs kill hundreds of thousands of people a year because of misuse, it's a bigger problem than every illicit drug put together tenfold over

cite plz

• Options
    bill maher had a (apparently prestigious) doctor on his show a couple of years ago to interview and he spent 7 minutes telling him vaccines are bad and the doctor kept telling him he was wrong and bill maher basically ended it on "well we have to agree to disagree"

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    Bill Maher is the anti-vaccination fucknut

the writer who likes him needs to try again

He doesn't actually know what vaccines are (thinks they're all live culture), however he's completely correct about the specific vaccines that his most egregious rant was about

That bird flu vaccine was a crock of shit and not even for the correct strain that was going around. He said "sometimes vaccines are a good idea, sometimes they aren't" then "the science isn't settled". He's flat wrong about number 2 and mostly wrong about number one. He believes "toxins" are responsible for problems in contexts where that doesn't make a lick of sense.

He also believes that if America stopped eating pizza and drinking soda for half their caloric intake that universal healthcare would suddenly be super affordable - he's wrong about the reasons (believing healthy eating makes you disease proof) of course, because he's a bit cooky, but that is correct!

His biggest hobby horse is overprescription of drugs and unnecessary surgery, maher is right about those. Prescription drugs kill hundreds of thousands of people a year because of misuse, it's a bigger problem than every illicit drug put together tenfold over

cite plz

citations = more Socratic Bigotry

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    I liked LA Noire a hell of a lot, although it started to drag a bit by the end

But there's nothing like smashing up period cars in 1940s Los Angeles

xet8c.gif

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Berk wrote: »
    i blame not being able to watch the daily show here
    i saw an article that phare linked me a couple months back that had an anonymous member of the daily show staff say that stewart is anti-union and treats his writers like shit thanks to the writer's strike

welp

http://freethoughtblogs.com/camelswithhammers/2012/05/25/is-jon-stewart-anti-union/

hes also likely full of shit and likes dennis miller and bill maher

sooo
    hrm

This guy sounds like he's completely full of shit. He's contradictory in most of his statements, he says he doesn't want to shit talk stewart then continues to do so, so he can continuously compare him to christ. Then he says no writer will speak well of him when that isn't true at all, and he makes a deal out of the rally...not being angry enough?

Plus as pip said he thinks dennis miller is hilarious and bill mahr is great so

I will go ahead and think he's an idiot with a grudge.

Yeah okay wait a second Bill Maher is an anti-vaccination fucknut try again.

That was his point? That the anti John stalwart guy is full of shit and has poor role models. Because bill maher

Ooooh okay I thought you guys were saying Jon Stewart really liked those guys.

sig.gif
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    W
    O
    W

e: Oh wait its from the Onion. woops

101 on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I love the onion so much

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That's...that's the Onion, lads.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    The Onion is too good for this dumb world

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    There's always 1

(01)

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    600.jpg?7826

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    That's a pretty plausible alternate timeline Joe Biden.

• Options
  • Options
    it seems with unlimited access to presidential grade hamburgers, joe biden has been quieter than I would appreciate

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I just want Biden to go nuts this election

I believe in Uncle Joe

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm so glad we can close out the thread with these.

• Options
    Jesus when he told that guy in the wheelchair to stand up and take a bow, that is good stuff

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i'm convinced the onion travelled forward in time ten years ago and has slowly been releasing stories from the near future

this was a depressing thread

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    it seems with unlimited access to presidential grade hamburgers, joe biden has been quieter than I would appreciate

Nah he's been walkin around being a dum-dum

It's just that no one care what the VP has to say, ever, except when he is actively trying to steal your soul like Cheney

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    Cheney got a heart transplant at 70 something years old and after a million heart attacks

Cheney made some sort of deal with the devil for eternal life so long as he continues to do work in His name

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cheney also lost a ton of weight and now looks like a cross between the monopoly guy and and Dick Cheney

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    That's only making me picture Dick Cheney with a mustache and a top hat.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Goodbye, terrible tragedy/weed thread

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I wish real life Biden was more like The Onion version

uhh nsfw preview image?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Ya know, Joe Biden is an ok dude. If he ever ended up pres, he'd probably have Amtrack-1.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Yeah I actually like Joe Biden

his Daily Show interview went like this:

1) Jon Stewart asked Joe Biden a question

2) Joe Biden answered the question in a reasonable manner

for reference, most interviews with politicians on the Daily Show work more like Tony Blair's:

1) Jon Stewart asked Tony Blair a question

2) a bunch of words fell out of Tony Blair's mouth, none of which really had anything to do with the question at hand

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Yeah I actually like Joe Biden

his Daily Show interview went like this:

1) Jon Stewart asked Joe Biden a question

2) Joe Biden answered the question in a reasonable manner

for reference, most interviews with politicians on the Daily Show work more like Tony Blair's:

1) Jon Stewart asked Tony Blair a question

2) a bunch of words fell out of Tony Blair's mouth, none of which really had anything to do with the question at hand

Handing out hot dogs to troops on Colbert.

Also that whole same-sex marriage thing.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Cheney got a heart transplant at 70 something years old and after a million heart attacks

Cheney made some sort of deal with the devil for eternal life so long as he continues to do work in His name

at a hospital where one of our forumers works in the transplant department, no less!

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

at a hospital where one of our forumers works in the transplant department, no less!

They could have ended his eternal unlife by driving a stake through his twisted heart and they failed

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.