As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Save TF2

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I can't stop watching that video, Jesus CHRIST.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh, I didn't know Crash was a Skyrim modder too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3-hN3Bd50

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Streaming makes me work harder.

Working on the next version of koth_crash_72, from now on known as koth_aquifer.

yaaaaaay

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    So is there a mod that makes tf2 look really shitty so I can play it on my netbook

xmassig2.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    there's that n64 tf2 mod, I think

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    So is there a mod that makes tf2 look really shitty so I can play it on my netbook
    Yep.

Follow the instructions.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Huh, I didn't know Crash was a Skyrim modder too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3-hN3Bd50

Motherfucker stole my phrase. Funny though.

Barrakketh wrote: »
    Yep.

Follow the instructions.

I can verify this guys configs are good. I use maxquality and a few other minor mods to make my shit hot.

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    rollin' maxframes all day 'erryday

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    of course, Andy Sandberg.

best known for his role as party pat?

BahamutZERO.gif
    sarukun wrote: »
    of course, Andy Sandberg.

best known for his role as party pat?

He did something else too...

what was it?

Oh yeah!

Box1.jpg
    Box2.jpg

I dug so far into my old PC to find that.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I realize that I am years late to the party at this point, but what happened to the Hyperbolic Drama Chamber?

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Not enough mans for server.

HonC just stayed popular enough to survive.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    source filmmaker brings my meager 2gb of ram to its pretend knees

:(:(

BUT I CARRIED ON...

DKFA7.gif
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    The BBC is reporting on hats now. That is how important hats are.
    Mr Newell said Valve was preparing for the future in other ways. In particular, he said, it was trying to make tools and services that players could use to make games and gaming more fun for everyone.

"We think the future is very different [from] successes we've had in the past," he said.

"When you are playing a game, you are trying to think about creating value for other players, so the line between content player and creator is really fuzzy."

One harbinger of this future was perhaps found, he said, in the success of one Team Fortress player in Kansas who was earning $150,000 (£97,000) a year making virtual hats.

"This isn't about video games," he said. "It's about thinking about goods and services in a digital world."

Bear is Driving on
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular

Gat dang 150k from hats? What kinda hours do you have to pull for that to even happen.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Sadly even the shittiest settings will not allow my netbook to tuftoo.

xmassig2.gif
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    launch options "-textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload"

you're welcome (no seriously, that sucks)

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    How I play on my netbook:
    -textmode -nosound -noipx -novid -nopreload -nojoy -sw -maxplayers 2 +sv_lan 1 +map "itemtest"

Idling er'ryday y'all. Earning them hats.

Bear is Driving on
    yeah

I think I just need a new mobo

newegg's not selling the one I have anymore though and I'm terrified of buying a thing that won't work with my shit

xmassig2.gif
  • Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    Huntera wrote: »

Gat dang 150k from hats? What kinda hours do you have to pull for that to even happen.

I think he just owns a hat sweatshop populated by orphans and babies. It's the only explanation how he got a job that good.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    is that 150k from crafting and trading hats or 150k from designing and modeling hats that are sold through the mann co store?

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2012
    BugBoy wrote: »
    is that 150k from crafting and trading hats or 150k from designing and modeling hats sold in the Mann Co. store

sounds like the latter

Nerdgasmic on
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    is that 150k from crafting and trading hats or 150k from designing and modeling hats that are sold through the mann co store?

Trading and crafting most likely.

KoTH_Aquifer_b1 is now a thing.
    Predownload it on the site or if you're cool and can handle .bz2's (sup mavers?) download it here.

New some of the new changes from koth_crash_72:

The biggest thing, that doesn't require a picture, is that the sewer is gone* in this version. It's just a test for now, but it'll probably be gone for good from now one.

2012-07-26_00002.jpg
    This is the new layout of the buildings on either side of the center point. There is a new entrance and it's deeper than it previously was. There's also a full ammo and medium health pack in the room that used to be the drop down to the sewer.

2012-07-26_00004.jpg
    New door going into that same building. Hopefully this changes the dynamic of the center area some. More routes.

*actually it's just blocked off, so feel free to noclip in and feel all cool because you know it's there. Or don't. Whatever...

Fuck you.

• TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    yeah, i don't get the reference but find it endlessly entertaining, the dear sister skit

is it time to shoot mans?

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I wish I was making 150k worth of hats.

xet8c.gif
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    i just stomped someone as hale

and, it ended the round

regardless of the fact that there were still multiple people alive.

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    In regards to the 150k kid in Kansas or wherever...I'm almost certain it's from hats in the store.

There are a few guys who I run into regularly that get their stuff picked up by valve, and just like the map makers that have official maps, they get a cut of items from the store. These guys have LOTS of things in the store and I know they make quite a decent amount of money off the whole situation. So much so, that at least one of the guys has said he could totally quit his job and live very comfortably, but prefers to keep the Valve stuff separate from his real life. If you ever see anybody with an item that is sparkly and is a "Community Sparkle itemnamehere", they created it (I'm fairly certain they can't trade those items even as gifts).

Crazy shit.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I once played with the guy who made the whiskered gentleman

I felt honored to be in his presence

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I once played with one of the guys who made Coldfront

I did not say anything

because I do not have anything good to say about Coldfront

my favorite map...

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    That's unfortunate.

Because coldfront is pretty good.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    @Shorty any movement on the hat front? Tell your friend not to break his back over it if it's not selling

xmassig2.gif
    warmfront is everything coldfront should have been

What about hotfront

xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2012
    @Kuribo's Shoe

I've not been online the same time as him this week, hopefully I see him tonight

just as a heads-up, I'm only going to be around for a few more hours

I'll be staying at my aunt's house watching her cats until Monday (for which her husband is giving me his playstation vita and a bunch of games in payment, which I'm pretty stoked about)

Shorty on
This discussion has been closed.