Options

[FauxAusPAX 2013] - Schedule Changes Due to PAXau 2013 Announcement! See OP!

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Don't worry about The Shire

Apparently Australian Story beat the premiere of The Shire in ratings

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Junpei wrote: »
    On a normal oem mobo you'll be fine. 8 times out of 10 you'll be fine with a laptop mobo

Junpei then why do all of you end up migrating here?! :P

Pity, mostly : b

Haha righto I see how it is then!

I have to admit though, England weather gets me down, so maybe I should pop down to Aus for a few months each year for the beaches.

What happened with your boys earlier this month, England smashed you something good.

• Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I swear every time the ads for The Shire come on from the living room, the urge to brain myself increases that little bit more.
    So is it like Jersey Shore Australia?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bloody cuzzybros! If NZ-Aus immigration stays at it's current rate, in 98 years New Zealand will be empty. Nothing left but sheep! ;)

Nah even worse. Fuckin saffas

Springboks?!? Aaaaaaaaaargh!

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    So excited for Vivs shindig.

I have a lift home arrange, plan to get slightly tipsy, but remain in control. Woo.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I swear every time the ads for The Shire come on from the living room, the urge to brain myself increases that little bit more.
    So is it like Jersey Shore Australia?

But more boring, and whiter.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    No not channel 10 I watch

Uh

Hmm

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    On a normal oem mobo you'll be fine. 8 times out of 10 you'll be fine with a laptop mobo

You mean... 4 times out of 5.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I propose that this thread's title changes to reflect whatever we're talking about on the current page.

• Options
    theSquid wrote: »
    Well okay Channel Seven too, just to be on the safe side.

Man, how are you forgetting Channel 9? I know that 10 is getting the hatred now thanks to The Shire, but 9 has been making consistently terrible TV for a long time now, not to mention butchering or axing outright any existing series they buy the rights to.

• Options
    But I'm with Tef here. I don't watch much TV nowadays. When I do it's usually something on SBS or ABC. Either I've changed or their programming is not boring these days.

• Options
    Today Tonight is the worst thing Australian TV has to answer for

followed closely by A Current Affair

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I remember when TV was all Hercules, Xena, Sliders, Stargate etc. Probably the nostalgia and me being a kid, but TV was pretty sweet back then.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Today Tonight is the worst thing Australian TV has to answer for

followed closely by A Current Affair

Fun fact, these shows are literally my kryptonite

merely hearing it playing in another room is enough to cause my brain to shut down

• Options
    They are rank, pitiless excuses for media. Directly harmful to people who watch them.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Ten tried to do a proper current affairs show without the sensationalist, reactionary BS and it got canned within a few months!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    I blame the Illuminati

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I remember I was over a friend's house and her parents watched both TT and ACA while I was there.

It explained a lot about their world views.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    BTW I would just like to say that Japan has worse local TV than Australia. Pretty much the only things worth watching over there is Iron Chef and SOME anime

• Options
    The 90s definitely had some cool kids stuff.

There's some amazing TV on nowadays but it rarely ever makes it to Australian television.

Also A Current Affair wasn't so bad back in the day of Ray Martin. Now it's about as bad as Today Tonight.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    #pipe wrote: »
    They are rank, pitiless excuses for media. Directly harmful to people who watch them.

I was always fond of 'Lowest common denominator gutter trash that depends on emotional manipulation, recycled stories, blatant advertising and a condescending everything'. But your summary is still on the money.

Actually on that note, I remember during my court reporting assignment I was outside the courts before they opened when I noticed a small ACA team out the front.

A few minutes later I got to bear witness to a totally not staged filming of a shifty dude entering the lobby.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    BTW I would just like to say that Japan has worse local TV than Australia. Pretty much the only things worth watching over there is Iron Chef and SOME anime

what about all of those shows where people do unbelievable things while a shot of the audience's reaction plays in the corner of the screen?

• Options
    Also I normally watch dvds and ABCiView (love that service) but 11 has a decent range of shows I find.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    theSquid wrote: »
    There's some amazing TV on nowadays but it rarely ever makes it to Australian television.

Basically. You gotta really pirate dig deep to get it most of the time.

11 has some good filler material. Sometimes watching Ice Road Truckers or what have you is a welcome break, despite the fact it's TV from America that is probably 7 or 8 years old.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    My aunt got asked to be interviewed on Today Tonight about her horrible children.

Her kids are fine, they just wanted her to make shit up.

broken image link
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    There is like terrible tv in every country.

They strangely dont ship it internationally though.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular

You mean... 4 times out of 5.

Typical always resorting to the lowest common denominator...

Junpei then why do all of you end up migrating here?! :P

Pity, mostly : b

Haha righto I see how it is then!

I have to admit though, England weather gets me down, so maybe I should pop down to Aus for a few months each year for the beaches.

What happened with your boys earlier this month, England smashed you something good.

Oh dude, do it! You and the missus are always welcome to come and spend a night or two down at my place.

The thing is I you don't let the poms win every now and again, they crack the shots and stop playing. You have to throw them a bone every now and again or else they just give up.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    @Keith had better save up and come to AusPAX, or I'll be sad. @Stale, too. Wanna sip bourbon and smoke some c-garrrs with a southern gentleman...

It costs too much money. :(

• Options
    My aunt got asked to be interviewed on Today Tonight about her horrible children.

Her kids are fine, they just wanted her to make shit up.

I had an English teacher who told us that when she was in school 60 Minutes asked her class to muck up to do a story about schools not taking exams seriously.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    @Keith had better save up and come to AusPAX, or I'll be sad. @Stale, too. Wanna sip bourbon and smoke some c-garrrs with a southern gentleman...

It costs too much money. :(

You've got 14-15 months to save up!

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    There is like terrible tv in every country.

They strangely dont ship it internationally though.

But in other countries, it's interspersed with really good TV.

What Aussie TV show do we watch regularly that isn't Masterchef?

And Masterchef has plenty of faults of its own, too.

• Options
    Home and Away is our greatest TV export, followed by neighbours

Reality TV is the fucking blurst

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Was Always Greener really good or am I remembering it wrong?

Because I used to watch that heaps.

Although it got cancelled after like two seasons.

broken image link
  • Options
    Spicks and Specks, Rockwiz, Randling, that sports quiz Anh Dho had on SBS

No I'm not biased towards quiz shows, why do you ask?

• Options
    Also that great Australian show Flight of the Conchords

• Options
    it almost seems like most original Australian TV is about:

cooking
    quizzes
    dancing
    singing
    other forms of performance art
    bikies

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh yeah they're all great, but in terms of shows that are watche overseas, it's soaps and like Steve Irwin's show

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    New fun fact: Housos is easily one of our best selling titles.

We just sold out again yesterday and we can never have enough copies around.

• Options
    Spicks and Specks, Rockwiz, Randling, that sports quiz Anh Dho had on SBS

No I'm not biased towards quiz shows, why do you ask?

Also anything Shaun Micallef does.

The only redeeming aspect Channel Ten has is giving him some decent employment for the last few years.

• Options
    I love Shaun Micallef but the first episode of Mad as Hell didn't do anything for me.

His appearance on Gordon St was really funny, though.

This discussion has been closed.