As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Do you give High Fives?

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    One of my students taught me a very complicated up-high down-low fist-bump thumbs-up maneuver.

"My aunt this way high-fives, Miss Sandra," she said. "It is secret high-five for girls."

...my students are awesome.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Fistbump is a common occurance at my workplace, dealing with people's mail all day inside dirty ass trucks means you have some pretty nasty looking hands throughout the day so everybody just fist bumps. Shit even the managers/their bosses do it. The best thing about fist bumpin is you cant fuck it up, you make a fist and then aim it at the other person's fist and once they make contact the transaction is complete. Used the bottom of your fist while he used the front of his? No big deal.

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    High five tip: Watch the other person's elbow, you will never miss.

• InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    S...slap their elbow?

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    fist bumps

high fives only lead to betrayal

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You know how some people teach their dogs to shake?

I taught mine to do high fives.

BLM - ACAB
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    That's nothing my mate's dog can do the full hands up to finger gun and play dead when you yell BANG. It is so cool and apparently not tht hard to teach! My dog know sit and stare at you wistfully until you give home something off your plate

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh hey

Your dog sounds as smart as mine

Well, maybe smarter, honestly.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    S...slap their elbow?

Watch, man

If you keep your eye on their elbow, you'll compensate for their arm movement, and never miss on the swing, even if they arc outwards

Don't slap someone in the funnybone, that's a thing for crazy people

• WazzaWazza Registered User regular
    I only high-ten close friends during sporting events when my team has done something favorable.

Oh hey

Your dog sounds as smart as mine

Well, maybe smarter, honestly.

Oh no he's a clever dog. He just chooses to ignore you half the time

He was actually quite well trained when he was young, but I had to get my mum to look after him for a year and in that time he became a 40kg lap dog

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    My dog high-fives me.

It's awesome.
    In truth he just has no idea what the difference is between a "shake" and a high-five.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I high five people all the time

just never @sheri

because she can't be trusted

I got excited for a dog high five in that spoiler and then I was bitterly disappointed

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Tef wrote: »
    I got excited for a dog high five in that spoiler and then I was bitterly disappointed

If it helps you can still hold up your hand and say "High-five!" and he'll slap his open paw on your hand. It just wasn't something I taught him intentionally.

Edit: just realized what you were saying. I'll remember to take a photo this evening.

TankHammer on
    I can go to bed content in the knowledge that in the morning there will be a dog high five picture waiting for me

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I high five people all the time

just never @sheri

because she can't be trusted

I love dis post

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Are you sack tapping people or what, Sheri?

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    I fist bumped a customer once at work. I was having a bad day and his fist was balled up and held out like he wanted to fist bump. Turns out, he just wanted to give me a bunch of quarters as a tip. I felt silly, but he thought it was hilarious, and thus my day was brightened.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    A fist bump? A pound? A terrorist fist jab? The gesture everyone seems to interpret differently.

also,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2RIxt9xWxk

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Tef wrote: »
    Also if you have a weak handshake I think less of you as A Man

Last night I met a lesbian lady who had one of the best handshakes.

No joke, it puts most men to shame.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    One of my students taught me a very complicated up-high down-low fist-bump thumbs-up maneuver.

"My aunt this way high-fives, Miss Sandra," she said. "It is secret high-five for girls."

That is adorable.

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    When underlined on the forum view, I thought the topic read "Do you give High Elves?"

jr7mm.jpg

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2012
    do you have any dark elves? I need the fibre

Nerdgasmic on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    I fist bump a lot of people I work with and even have the old men and women doing it. Sometimes though when someones goes for the fistbump I'll switch it up and cover their fist with my hand which annoys them to no end, muahahahaha

give them the squid

have your hand swim away just as you're about to make contact

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    this is me next time someone tries to shake my hand:

16blmcm.jpg

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I curtsey to everyone I meet. Tis only respectable.

I curtsied before receiving my MA. I decided to be a smart ass since everyone was being so serious.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Liiya wrote: »
    I curtsey to everyone I meet. Tis only respectable.

I curtsied before receiving my MA. I decided to be a smart ass since everyone was being so serious.

I have a friend who went in for a hug at the enrollment ceremony

not a brograb, either, a real warm cheek-to-cheek hug

he's awesome

thenews.jpg
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »

That is adorable.

Everything about this is excellent.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Me and two friends developed a high five we call the snake slap. You pull pack like you're going for a big high five but you keep your hand bent at the wrist as far as you can so it looks like a snake getting ready to strike. then you go in for the five but only whip your hand up just before contact and then snap it right back. It ends up being really loud and often quite painful.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    "Snake-slap" means something completely different in my mind.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

Cocks, right?

• MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    Fuck, yes I do!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

Cocks, right?

M-maybe. . .

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Cocks, right?

M-maybe. . .

Penis fencing.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    oh hey what's up guys

lfYVHTd.png