Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Is anyone else as excited about Guns of Icarus Online as I am? Because I'm pretty damn excited! It's kind of like the Air Buccaneers mod for UT2k4 but it doesn't appear to be quite as slow paced and I love co-op games like this and oh god

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    Mackenzier wrote: »
    Oh, absolutely. I can totally wait until the next sale unless the old WW2 shooter craving creeps up between now and the then... and then it's only $10.00 anyways. What I really want is an updated Wolf:ET though. Ah well. :)

Brink is the new Enemy Territory, but with a dress-up game attached. I quite like it, but the community is small.

• Options
    MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    SvK wrote: »
    Mackenzier wrote: »
    Oh, absolutely. I can totally wait until the next sale unless the old WW2 shooter craving creeps up between now and the then... and then it's only $10.00 anyways. What I really want is an updated Wolf:ET though. Ah well. :)

Brink is the new Enemy Territory, but with a dress-up game attached. I quite like it, but the community is small.

Hmm. My brush with Brink on the 360 did not really grab me, honestly. It was all corridor shooting even with the special movement system. Whenever I think of Wolf:ET (or to a lesser extent ET: Quake Wars) I remember more open (albeit, funnelled) battlefields where I could get my snipe on, try to slip through enemy lines to the target with an engineer or just good ol' fashioned Rambo-medic'ing.

I haven't really found anything quite like it since, so maybe I'm just pining with rose-tinted glasses for the product of a bygone technical era?

Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Reminder, there are Steam Gifts about.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ Binding of Issac.

I lucked out, got two Tears Up upgrades on the first level, then made a deal with the devil for scary form. Rode that all the way to the last boss, then got cheaped out in a corner.

I really feel like this game is 99% luck based, and it's fucking infuriating.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm loading up my New Vegas with mods. Any suggested while I finish downloading Vegas Bounties?

• Options
    SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I would like to publicly thank nannerpus for gifting my psychonaughts! used to be local flavor police, forgot my password (and my old email address) cause i wasnt interneting for quite some time.

anywho, i cant wait until the next big sale so i can give back to all the classy folks who have given to me, and vise versa. let the self-replicating cycle do its glorious beautiful sexy thing!

Squatfurd on
    League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    So how is the Amnesia "DLC" (Justine)? Is it as spooky as the original game?

Also, are there any Amnesia mods worth looking into? Haven't played any, but I won't waste my time without recommendations. That level of horror is a hard act to replicate.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    They should mod in a shotgun, call it Catharsis

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm loading up my New Vegas with mods. Any suggested while I finish downloading Vegas Bounties?

The underground hideout.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    signature.png

For those that missed the sale of Void a few days ago. Enjoy!

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    SorensonSorenson Registered User regular
    Huh, just saw Babel Rising. Wasn't there some dude that made a game with that exact same premise a little while ago, but all styleized and side-view instead of boring-as-fuck and isometric?
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »

The underground hideout.
    And skip the quest.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Couple good daily deals at Gamersgate

Metro 2033 5 bucks http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2033/metro-2033?caff=3884871
    Red Orchestra 2 5 bucks http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RO2HS/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad?caff=3884871

Good deals, though both are frequently on sale in that range. Steamworks. This is week 2 of their summer sale and it's pretty shooter heavy this week.

• Options
    madnessnewbmadnessnewb Registered User regular
    Metro 2033 is 2.5€ here, even less with the IGN discount, but they wont let you buy many copies with the same account :/
    You already own 2 copies of this product. Please contact the GamersGate support if you want to buy larger quantities.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Couple good daily deals at Gamersgate

Metro 2033 5 bucks http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2033/metro-2033?caff=3884871
    Red Orchestra 2 5 bucks http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RO2HS/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad?caff=3884871

Good deals, though both are frequently on sale in that range. Steamworks. This is week 2 of their summer sale and it's pretty shooter heavy this week.

The internet really wants me to buy Red Orchestra 2. This deal has popped up a few times in the past few days. But I have so many other games to play, internet! Argh! I don't know what to do.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Please do not buy Cannon Fodder 3.

Do not let nostalgia and a low price point con you into exchanging money for this fetid turd of a game. It is an embarrassment and a tragedy that such a game should even be released, let alone one intended to revive one of the greatest RTS series of the 90s.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

Do not let nostalgia and a low price point con you into exchanging money for this fetid turd of a game. It is an embarrassment and a tragedy that such a game should even be released, let alone one intended to revive one of the greatest RTS series of the 90s.

Yes the Metacritic Metascore was quite alarming although it only has few reviews.

HuntingNoob on
  • Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Sumanai wrote: »
    bobwoco wrote: »
    My Bastion giveaway has ended, and @JimmyMarku won.

Jimmy, I added you on Steam, but I'm not sure of your forum username.

Just add a space to it. Paging @Jimmy Marku! :)

Oh that is so cool! Thanks @bobwoco ! Classy classy gent supreme!

I've wanted to play it for ages but couldn't justify buying it (I know it was cheap) before I finished off my backlog!

Jimmy Marku on
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Thanks to @darklite_x, I now can play Titan Quest once more, after having been deprived of the ability to do so. Losing things has always made me cross, but it's all better when they come back :)

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

awww, is it really that bad? I loved the originals so I wishlisted it as soon as I saw it on the Steam store

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Also, are there any Amnesia mods worth looking into? Haven't played any, but I won't waste my time without recommendations. That level of horror is a hard act to replicate.

I have not played the base game yet, but I DID play the Justine DLC (because of Potatoes), and I liked it. It was creepy and had cool story, and the "audio logs" reminded me a lot of Bioshock. It's also fairly short, you can probably finish it in one or two sittings. Given that, there's no reason not to play it.

• Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

I have not played the base game yet, but I DID play the Justine DLC (because of Potatoes), and I liked it. It was creepy and had cool story, and the "audio logs" reminded me a lot of Bioshock. It's also fairly short, you can probably finish it in one or two sittings. Given that, there's no reason not to play it.

Bought Amnesia during the sale but haven't had time (the cohones) to start it up yet. Is Justine included in the steam version or where can I download it?

• Options
    Richard wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »

Bought Amnesia during the sale but haven't had time (the cohones) to start it up yet. Is Justine included in the steam version or where can I download it?

Pretty sure it was a free update. You should have a menu item for it right now.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I also played the Justine DLC for reasons of potatoes, and ended up renaming the monster's model files so the game couldn't load it.

Even so, the audio cues alone and the sheer thought of running from the monster in the 3rd section were still scary.

I may not be cut out for these sorts of games.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Bah, didn't get to watch that Black Mesa video yesterday and it's already down due to a complaint. I hate youtube sometimes.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Bah, didn't get to watch that Black Mesa video yesterday and it's already down due to a complaint. I hate youtube sometimes.

Looks like it was posted elsewhere: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O-LopmeppI

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Richard wrote: »

I bought Amnesia a while back during a Steam sale, played 15 minutes of it, and have never played it since because I didn't want to play it alone in my apartment.

tl;dr I am a big babby

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DahkathDahkath Registered User regular
    @
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Payday is the midweek deal (5$). DLC has also launched but no discount and no 4 pack option. This makes me a sad panda.

I just checked and they've dropped the price of the 4 pack of Payday down to $15 (Thought for sure it was $20 yesterday). I guess they finally figured out that volume = discounts ;)

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hmm is anyone else having trouble buying stuff from Steam or is it just freaking out that suddenly I am trying to purchase something from a Hong Kong IP? If that is the case, how do I fix it? If necessary, would one of you be willing to do some data smuggling in exchange for a game of equal value when I get back to the US in about a week?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh my god Steam has Commander Keen?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    I started playing Krater during breaks from The Witcher 2. This game is a LOT different than I'm used to. It's so much fun, but my Final Fantasy Tactics mindset of "keep all soldiers forever" is, quite simply, not gonna fly.

• Options

yeah, you just missed the sale, I think I paid 74p for it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    I started playing Krater during breaks from The Witcher 2. This game is a LOT different than I'm used to. It's so much fun, but my Final Fantasy Tactics mindset of "keep all soldiers forever" is, quite simply, not gonna fly.

Has Krater MP opened up yet?

• Options
    rikdaly wrote: »

I mean, I'll probably never play it again in my life. I beat the first 4 games so many times. Found all the secrets, translated the Vorticon language and all that. I'm just glad it's on there for somebody else to experience.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    I've had no entries for this contest, so far. :(
    C'mon folks... only one paragraph of text in exchange for being able to fly around a lunar landing module. Any takers?
    I'll leave it open 'til 11 tonight.
    TestSubject23's Marathon Space Game Giveaway

Contest #2: Astronauts to the Moon? HAHAHAHA!
    Prize: Lunar Flight
    header_292x136.jpg?t=1342485802

During the 1970 Apollo 13 mission to the moon, an oxygen tank exploded causing damage to the craft, and necessitating the abortion of the mission. While returning to Earth, due to a problematically shallow angle of entry, communication with the craft was lost for several minutes, resulting in the sort incredible dramatic tension that produces movies starring Tom Hanks. Conspiracy theories abound as to the cause of the damage to the ship and its systems, and the events that took place during the communications blackout.

Tell us what REALLY happened.

PM me your tales, conjectures, clarifications and insanities about Apollo 13 - the most entertaining entry takes the prize.
    Open to any/all active members of the PA forums. The winning entry will be posted when the winner is announced. Contest closes in 48 hours.

“Honorary” entries are also welcome, if you already own or don’t want the game on offer, but want to participate in the contest anyway - be sure to mention that in your entry.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

There's something of a kerfuffle about that. The guy who flagged it was a BM developer, and Valvetime are mad at him because having a copyright complain on their account endangers them, and say they'd have taken the video down if he asked. He responded that he asked them not to put it up in the first place, so felt he had no recourse. In any case Valvetime now say they won't provide any future coverage for BM.

I think it looks great, and I hope this leak doesn't push it back any further. Not that it's on a timetable at all...

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

Has Krater MP opened up yet?

I haven't yet checked but I plan to soon.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Is anyone else as excited about Guns of Icarus Online as I am? Because I'm pretty damn excited! It's kind of like the Air Buccaneers mod for UT2k4 but it doesn't appear to be quite as slow paced and I love co-op games like this and oh god

I'm a little excited.
    Have you played Guns of Icarus (the first/regular one)? I found it a bit flat... I played through the campaign single-player and it was fun, but not something I think I'd repeat... the missions are just wave after wave of planes attacking your airship, which feels like a stationary platform. Apart from the weapon upgrades, the gameplay's basically just: Shoot things with a turret. When finished, repair the ship. Repeat. There's no real innovation across levels, apart from the number of waves of planes that attack you.
    I'm betting that the team-based head-to-head nature of the second game will make it a LOT more fun, though.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

@darmak - I want to give you a high five just for your reference to Air Buccaneers. Man I loved that mod. I was so sad I could never get anyone to play it that I knew. I always wanted a retail version of it...I shall have to look into this Guns of Icarus Online business.

• Options
    rikdaly wrote: »

I mean, I'll probably never play it again in my life. I beat the first 4 games so many times. Found all the secrets, translated the Vorticon language and all that. I'm just glad it's on there for somebody else to experience.

I've never played them before but always heard good things, started the first a couple of nights ago and had great fun with it

steam_sig.png