As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHILD'S PLAY] The Further Livestream Adventures Of Tube and Piggy Chimp finally finished

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited August 2012 in Games and Technology
Since the last charity livestream went so well, we're doing another one. This time my erstwhile (and incredibly stupid) room mate will be taking the reigns of the keyboard to play Amnesia: The Dark Descent. To contribute to the fund to get this going, visit http://pennyarcadeforums.chipin.com/livestream-for-childs-play and click on the widget on the right. All funds go to Child's Play minus the fees the Paypal feed. Here is Piggy Chimp to say... I don't know, some stupid shit.

Tube on

• Piggy ChimpPiggy Chimp Registered User regular
    So Tube says I've got to play the horrid, scary,nasty game Amnesia on Live Stream for Child's Play if you raise enough money.

Amount to raise:
    $1000: I play Amnesia with live streaming audio commentary
    $1200: I plays Amnesia in the dark (I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate the dark - I can't even get to the light switch in the night without my torch on my phone)
    $1400: Tube thinks it would be a good idea to leave me alone in the house whilst he goes to get himself more CocaCola from the Petrol Station, leaving me terrified playing Amnesia on my own. I don't suppose you would like to see this?
    $1600: Haha! This one is better and would make the other ones worth it. Tube will be my lovely personal Game Slave - fetching food, drinks, whatever I want. (This is ALWAYS my job to do for him as it is under the terms of our Roommate agreement that I does as he commands)
    $1800: I (or Tube - who knows how computers happen) will upload the videos of the Live Stream to YouTube after play.
    $2000: Tube will upload the much coveted videos of his earlier Hitman 2 Live Stream to YouTube
    $2500: Forumers can direct Tube in his role as game slave, giving him commands. Hooo hooo hooo what a wheeze!

J6ke3.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Just curious here, are those goals correct? I mean, maybe there's a decimal point misplaced?
    Just saying that Tube as a game slave for the low price of $1600... that's a bargain.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Yeah the prices are correct. I don't know what I was thinking.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    18.75% of the way to Tube gameslave. Do it for the sick kids!

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yeah the prices are correct. I don't know what I was thinking.

"If it's for the kids, it's worth it."

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    OH BOY

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno if you should be rooting for us to get to the $2500 threshold, mr. chimp

NREqxl5.jpg
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I dunno if you should be rooting for us to get to the $2500 threshold, mr. chimp
    I believe that's Ms. Chimp.

YL9WnCY.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    We have to reach the $2k goal at least to get the VODs of both events.
    $1400: Tube thinks it would be a good idea to leave me alone in the house whilst he goes to get himself more CocaCola from the Petrol Station, leaving me terrified playing Amnesia on my own. I don't suppose you would like to see this?

I think this would diminish the experience. Roommate banter was the highlight of last time.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    @Handgimp, get in here.

Ah, he's in the SE++ one. As long as he's in one.

Lord_Snot on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    is this going to be just audio? I can see the value of the pip webcam

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    We have to reach the $2k goal at least to get the VODs of both events.

I think this would diminish the experience. Roommate banter was the highlight of last time.

I think it's more like a one time or occasional thing. He will probably be there most of the time then suddenly decide to "go out" and leave her alone for some time. Anyway, definitely looking forward to this.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I like how my annual donation to Childs Play doesn't just give me a warm, glowing, fuzzy-feeling, but it also presents opportunities to entertain. This is something I must support

steam_sig.png
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    This is wonderful.

I missed the Hitman 2 stream, and require it to fill this gaping void in my life.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Firmus_PiettFirmus_Piett Registered User regular
    50% there and we still got a whole month. At this rate Piggy is doomed, Tube too.

camo_sig.png

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Tree.

Tree.

Tree.

Tree.

.......... SNIPER!

Tree.

Edit: 35 days to get $1300? Oh yeah, that's gonna happen easily.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    It's probably not going to run for 35 days, she wants to do it in the next couple of weeks. Anyone holding off donating because they think they have a whole month could end up disappointed.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Oh god. This is the worst moment to be broke. I really hope someone can take it all the way though.

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    Threw $20 at this. I want those Hitman 2 vods!

Also happy kids.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    I'm with Jakobagger. Stupid job deducting $900 per paycheck for 2 months straight....RABBLERABBLERABBLE.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • MoistMoist Registered User regular
    Just put down $30, turns out that's only about £19 so I might put another $30 down later. I hope we can get to two grand, I wanna see those Hitman videos by the sounds of it they were a barrel of laughs.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    We have to hit 2k. I want those Hitman videos on YouTube.

The actual site won't show what we're at on my phone (stupid Apple and Flash), but I'm gonna have to arrange a trade in chat.

I don't have Paypal (long story) so I'll trade a game equivalent to whatever I want someone to donate for me.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    We're at $1400, only $600 more to go for the Hitman videos!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Oh my, we're nearly at game slave.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard Registered User regular
    I can't believe that this isn't drawing a ton of attention.
    When I get home, I'll be donating. I wish I had seen this sooner, too.

• darleysamdarleysam UKRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm really surprised that this hasn't already blasted through the total and gone off to the moon.

forumsig.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    We're $300 away from 2.5K! Already getting the Hitman 2 playthough on youtube, just a little more.

steam_sig.png
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Dropped in a donation since the last session was an amusing laugh track to the weekend, and also because of good causes, etc. Looking forward to it :)

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Come on guys, we just need another $270 in order to make Tube our personal slave.

You know you want to.

• MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    Very sad, that, if I'm right, this is going to start at about 5:30am for me in Australia. Probably will be over by the time I get up.

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Morblitz wrote: »
    Very sad, that, if I'm right, this is going to start at about 5:30am for me in Australia. Probably will be over by the time I get up.

Worse here in W.A., 4am for me.

Lucky Adelaide punk.

Northern Territory, actually! But yeah same timezone. It's funny though, ads that try to use my location always think I'm in Adelaide. They never consider that Territory up North.

Nobody ever does. Nobody lives there.

The videos are going up on YouTube so at least there's that. Fans of this stuff should not that The SE++ thread has further shenanigans and fans of @Piggy Chimp in particular should note that she is doing game reviews now.

InkSplat
    Yeah, it's great that these AND the hitman ones will go up on youtube. I was just really hoping to be able to catch them live - I still might, I'm debating pulling an all nighter for this assignment and catching the stream before bed, but I don't know if that's as good an idea as it seems at the time.

Also about the future upload, when some people stream, it gets uploaded to their channel almost straight away after the stream is done and can be watched immediately if you miss it. Is that an option here or is it strictly youtube at a later date?

Just a heads up, the only option to renew my xsplit license was with my paypal balance so I've had to take 15 dollars out. I'll figure out a way to put the 15 dollars in (I think Paypal have a thing about using the card on your account to donate?) ASAP.

Weird, it's not showing on the payment history so hopefully it used my card after all.

"So apparently this will show my desktop, but not the video game Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Which is a problem, because this stream is predicated on the idea of playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent."

Tube pushes a button in the menu: "Don't push- I was going to review this front screen!"

"I spilled some milk on my duvet the other day, and I feel that by now the bit that had milk on it would smell, but I can't find the bit that had milk on it."
    "So already now we're getting some brilliant stories."