The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Tensor Display [chat]

2456786

Posts

  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Today's task is to run updates on a netbook that hasn't been updated in two years.

    Woot.

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I won't link it but does anyone else just get a stupid smile on their face when they watch the video for "Wonderful world?" Louis Armstrong just has such the biggest happiest (kinda crazy) face going on for that song. It's infectious!

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    thanatos sent me a gchat message that was just the weather in seattle.

    derp derp.
    Hater.

    Also, on that Google fiber thing: it's about fucking time. They've been talking about it for fucking years. I remember Seattle putting in a bid for it right after McGinn was elected (so, like, two or three years, now). I wants it soooooooo bad. It's even cheaper than Comcast, and I'll bet it's faster, too.

    I wanna say it's gigabit so yes much faster

    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    For some reason the only method of moving between the floors I found in the Zara on 5th ave was the elevator

    This could not have been, for safety reasons, the only method period (although I don't recall seeing stairs...), but it was the most obvious one and the one the attendant steered me to

    Eddy on
    to conspire, however marginally, whenever possible, against power and indifference
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle Will I ever be more than I've always been? Registered User regular
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Literature


    Edinburgh, Scotland (2004)
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia (2008)
    Iowa City, Iowa, United States (2008)
    Dublin, Ireland (2010)
    Reykjavik, Iceland (2011)
    Norwich, England (2012)

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.

    twitch.tv/onthelastcastle
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Sheep, I can see some usages that will drive up bandwidth usage. One of the projects I did the design work for has about a 5.2 gigabit/s potential usage as a ceiling. Assuming all of the cameras go off at once. All of the feeds are centralized to one datacenter. There is infrastructure to handle it since it's on a private fiber ring. But applying it to someone trying for a cloud solution, with four cameras a house they would hit that at 750 homes.


    Definitely. Having the infrastructure in place is a good idea and fine and dandy and for power users a gigabit is probably ace, especially if they're heavily using Google products and Google's cloud storage. But given the nature of upstreams and their pricing models I don't see other ISPs doing this, even those that would benefit in some manner like ATT and Verizon aren't particularly selling these speeds to your typical home user largely because they are overall unnecessary.

    I could be reading waaaay to much into who Google is targeting with these speeds. Most likely the only folks that know about it and would be interested are geeks like you and I. But even I wouldn't buy this today if it were available in my neighborhood.

    Okay, that's not honest. I probably would just to get away from ATT but that's for personal reasons.

    Anyway, long post short. Good to have the ability to do it, I just think that it's unnecessary for 99% of users for the next decade or so. But then I guess those are the people who get the free 5mbit customers.

    We'll see. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and what kind of competition it breeds.

    QlBGc.jpg
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    Man, I kinda want to eat at Chik-Fil-A now... not to "support a cause" or anything, I wanna see what all the fuss is about their apparently good chicken.

    I don't think we have 'em up in Canada though.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    hit me with some good music chat


    naaaaaaaaaaowwwww

    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • TehSlothTehSloth does computers Registered User regular
    hit me with some good music chat


    naaaaaaaaaaowwwww



    First minute of that song is OMGSOGOODSOUNDMAKEMEHAPPY

    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    also may i add that shopping in those places is humiliating

    i went to h&m first and i was like

    huh

    biggest shirts i see are XL, and those are rare

    biggest pants i see are 38s

    this is not a store made for right-now chu

    but even knowing zara and urban outfitters would be the same, i went to those also

    i deserved going to those... it was my way of scourging myself for my sins

    i had that humiliation coming to me for my gluttony, so i went from slim/hip store to slim/hip store, feasting my eyes on my failure

    Organichu on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    Man, I kinda want to eat at Chik-Fil-A now... not to "support a cause" or anything, I wanna see what all the fuss is about their apparently good chicken.

    I don't think we have 'em up in Canada though.

    terrible for you

    also tasty

    but really it's the waffle fries, which are easily the best fast food potato thing ever

    fuck gendered marketing
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    hit me with some good music chat


    naaaaaaaaaaowwwww

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A better idea for end users is the solution I'm engineering. We're planning on running a fiber ring to Atlanta, GA and peering directly with Google, Netflix, and maybe both Comcast and ATT. The latter two for VOIP stability and the other two to offload bandwidth from our upstreams and instead have a direct connection and simply not pay an upstream anymore. Saves us a ton of money, gives the illusion of "faster speed" to our customers, etc.

    Currently we only cache about 700gigs of YouTube/Netflix content so this would be a big big area of savings for us.

    Also thinking of caching Pandora.

    QlBGc.jpg
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

    The bears have come to retake their city. We need guns to protect ourselves.

  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    yes, chu

    you must taste your own sins

    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    There's definitely a whomp comic about that whole self-flagellation thing

    to conspire, however marginally, whenever possible, against power and indifference
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    Man, I kinda want to eat at Chik-Fil-A now... not to "support a cause" or anything, I wanna see what all the fuss is about their apparently good chicken.

    I don't think we have 'em up in Canada though.

    terrible for you

    also tasty

    but really it's the waffle fries, which are easily the best fast food potato thing ever

    Colour me intrigued.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    There's definitely a whomp comic about that whole self-flagellation thing
    Like, half of them.

  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Sheep wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Sheep, I can see some usages that will drive up bandwidth usage. One of the projects I did the design work for has about a 5.2 gigabit/s potential usage as a ceiling. Assuming all of the cameras go off at once. All of the feeds are centralized to one datacenter. There is infrastructure to handle it since it's on a private fiber ring. But applying it to someone trying for a cloud solution, with four cameras a house they would hit that at 750 homes.


    Definitely. Having the infrastructure in place is a good idea and fine and dandy and for power users a gigabit is probably ace, especially if they're heavily using Google products and Google's cloud storage. But given the nature of upstreams and their pricing models I don't see other ISPs doing this, even those that would benefit in some manner like ATT and Verizon aren't particularly selling these speeds to your typical home user largely because they are overall unnecessary.

    I could be reading waaaay to much into who Google is targeting with these speeds. Most likely the only folks that know about it and would be interested are geeks like you and I. But even I wouldn't buy this today if it were available in my neighborhood.

    Okay, that's not honest. I probably would just to get away from ATT but that's for personal reasons.

    Anyway, long post short. Good to have the ability to do it, I just think that it's unnecessary for 99% of users for the next decade or so. But then I guess those are the people who get the free 5mbit customers.

    We'll see. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and what kind of competition it breeds.

    You're thinking in purely technical terms. Lets look at this from a marking perspective.

    Google Fiber can offer you speeds up to 30 times faster then cable internet. You find me a family where little Sally is an insane bit torrent user and that might sound appealing as all hell. Even though it doesn't solve what are their likely slowness issues.

    And as DK said, as bandwidth increases, the usage of it tends to scale accordingly.

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    also may i add that shopping in those places is humiliating

    i went to h&m first and i was like

    huh

    biggest shirts i see are XL, and those are rare

    biggest pants i see are 38s

    this is not a store made for right-now chu

    but even knowing zara and urban outfitters would be the same, i went to those also

    i deserved going to those... it was my way of scourging myself for my sins

    i had that humiliation coming to me for my gluttony, so i went from slim/hip store to slim/hip store, feasting my eyes on my failure

    it's cool man.

    i went up a pant size recently. for the first time in about 10 years.

    steam_sig.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The one time I had Chik-fil-A (in Atlanta, with chatters) it was pretty average. Nothing special. Was pretty cheap though.

  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    There's definitely a whomp comic about that whole self-flagellation thing

    I thought Whomp was primarily self-flagellation.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Sheep, I can see some usages that will drive up bandwidth usage. One of the projects I did the design work for has about a 5.2 gigabit/s potential usage as a ceiling. Assuming all of the cameras go off at once. All of the feeds are centralized to one datacenter. There is infrastructure to handle it since it's on a private fiber ring. But applying it to someone trying for a cloud solution, with four cameras a house they would hit that at 750 homes.


    Definitely. Having the infrastructure in place is a good idea and fine and dandy and for power users a gigabit is probably ace, especially if they're heavily using Google products and Google's cloud storage. But given the nature of upstreams and their pricing models I don't see other ISPs doing this, even those that would benefit in some manner like ATT and Verizon aren't particularly selling these speeds to your typical home user largely because they are overall unnecessary.

    I could be reading waaaay to much into who Google is targeting with these speeds. Most likely the only folks that know about it and would be interested are geeks like you and I. But even I wouldn't buy this today if it were available in my neighborhood.

    Okay, that's not honest. I probably would just to get away from ATT but that's for personal reasons.

    Anyway, long post short. Good to have the ability to do it, I just think that it's unnecessary for 99% of users for the next decade or so. But then I guess those are the people who get the free 5mbit customers.

    We'll see. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out and what kind of competition it breeds.

    You're thinking in purely technical terms. Lets look at this from a marking perspective.

    Google Fiber can offer you speeds up to 30 times faster then cable internet. You find me a family where little Sally is an insane bit torrent user and that might sound appealing as all hell. Even though it doesn't solve what are their likely slowness issues.

    And as DK said, as bandwidth increases, the usage of it tends to scale accordingly.

    I would host all the vidya games

    I would drop cable for 70 dollar gigabit internets

    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    Man, I kinda want to eat at Chik-Fil-A now... not to "support a cause" or anything, I wanna see what all the fuss is about their apparently good chicken.

    I don't think we have 'em up in Canada though.

    terrible for you

    also tasty

    but really it's the waffle fries, which are easily the best fast food potato thing ever

    Intolerance is a wonderful spice.

  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The one time I had Chik-fil-A (in Atlanta, with chatters) it was pretty average. Nothing special. Was pretty cheap though.

    cheap solid chicken sandwich with pickles on it is pretty much why people like it

    they don't go crazy over it because it is some gourmet masterpiece

    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    http://www.whompcomic.com/comics/2012-06-20-Ascetic-Choice.jpg

    this one is the one I was thinking of in particular, though

    click on it if you want to let out a great big mehhhh

    Eddy on
    to conspire, however marginally, whenever possible, against power and indifference
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    Man, I kinda want to eat at Chik-Fil-A now... not to "support a cause" or anything, I wanna see what all the fuss is about their apparently good chicken.

    I don't think we have 'em up in Canada though.

    terrible for you

    also tasty

    but really it's the waffle fries, which are easily the best fast food potato thing ever

    Colour me intrigued.

    Don't start

    It's easier to stop if you never start

    fuck gendered marketing
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

    PSN: Honkalot
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The one time I had Chik-fil-A (in Atlanta, with chatters) it was pretty average. Nothing special. Was pretty cheap though.

    cheap solid chicken sandwich with pickles on it is pretty much why people like it

    they don't go crazy over it because it is some gourmet masterpiece

    Yeah. For fast food, it's a pretty good sandwich (and their cookies and cream milkshake is awesome), but it's not mind-blowing or anything.

  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    why does he call her 'her' in that comic

    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Wrestling.png?dl=0
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    Man, I kinda want to eat at Chik-Fil-A now... not to "support a cause" or anything, I wanna see what all the fuss is about their apparently good chicken.

    I don't think we have 'em up in Canada though.

    terrible for you

    also tasty

    but really it's the waffle fries, which are easily the best fast food potato thing ever

    Colour me intrigued.

    Don't start

    It's easier to stop if you never start

    This is probably the wisest course of action. I can't spend more than a day in the US before I start looking for a Cracker Barrel.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle Will I ever be more than I've always been? Registered User regular
    Entire episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple are on youtube.

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.

    twitch.tv/onthelastcastle
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You know it's a good sign when a Windows 7 machine won't run Windows Update.

  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    The title of this [chat] makes me think of
    Tenser, said the Tensor.
    Tenser, said the Tensor.
    Tension, apprehension,
    And dissension have begun.

  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Last night I received an indication that I am playing Saint's Row 3 way too much.

    I had a dream about gang warfare.

    This is not something I dream about.

    Tube wrote: »
    No, I hate D&D more than the other subforums because it's more of a pain in my arse.
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    http://www.whompcomic.com/comics/2012-06-20-Ascetic-Choice.jpg

    this one is the one I was thinking of in particular, though

    click on it if you want to let out a great big mehhhh

    Sometimes when I read Whomp, I walk away from the experience wanting to craddle Ronnie in my arms and assure him that everythings going to be alright.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    I just want to not be kept reminded that it exists

    fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.