As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stuff to do in NYC

Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..."a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So, here's the scoop: a couple of months ago, I discovered that one of my favorite musicians (who very rarely plays shows outside the Midwest) was doing a concert in Brooklyn. I have a friend who lives in Brooklyn so this was a natural thing for us to do. My plan was to get a bus to the city, get dinner, maybe catch Dark Knight Rises, hit the concert, then go home.

The other day, I interviewed with a company over the phone - they wrote back a few hours later, saying they wanted to do an in person interview on the same day as my trip (this Friday). The tricky bit is this: the interview is at 4 PM, but my bus will get me there at 11 AM. My friend is working for the whole morning and part of the afternoon (exact times not available just yet), so I am left to my own devices.

A few important facts:
- I've never been to New York before!
- The bus is dropping me at 7th Ave & 28th Street
- The interview is on West 19th Street
- The interview can't be moved earlier (I wrote to them and explained the situation, but their interview people are busy that day).

So, what can I do for ~5 hours solo in Manhattan? I'd like to get lunch somewhere, maybe see some sights?

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
oE0mva1.jpg
Mike Danger on

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I've you've never been to a Shake Shack I can't recommend it enough. There's one in the theater district super close to Times Square - 8th & 44th. Me & the gf have to go every time we're in NYC.

Aside from that she & I are the most touristy of tourists and hang out mostly in Times Square, 5th ave, and Rockefeller Center. Lots of cool stuff to see.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    So, here's the scoop: a couple of months ago, I discovered that one of my favorite musicians (who very rarely plays shows outside the Midwest) was doing a concert in Brooklyn. I have a friend who lives in Brooklyn so this was a natural thing for us to do. My plan was to get a bus to the city, get dinner, maybe catch Dark Knight Rises, hit the concert, then go home.

The other day, I interviewed with a company over the phone - they wrote back a few hours later, saying they wanted to do an in person interview on the same day as my trip (this Friday). The tricky bit is this: the interview is at 4 PM, but my bus will get me there at 11 AM. My friend is working for the whole morning and part of the afternoon (exact times not available just yet), so I am left to my own devices.

A few important facts:
    - I've never been to New York before!
    - The bus is dropping me at 7th Ave & 28th Street
    - The interview is on West 19th Street
    - The interview can't be moved earlier (I wrote to them and explained the situation, but their interview people are busy that day).

So, what can I do for ~5 hours solo in Manhattan? I'd like to get lunch somewhere, maybe see some sights?

Go to central park and maybe the natural history/guggenheim