As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Critical Failures
gameofsecrets.png

Welcome, welcome one and all to the fabulous Game of Secrets! [applause] Thank you. Thank you. I am your hostess for the next several days, Ahava! Now, let me go over a few rules for those of you playing along at home. Here at the Game of Secrets we have rented out a large dining hall for your amusement. Inside this dining Hall we have set up a living quarters for some several guests. How many? Well that all depends on who shows up to play the game! [laughter, applause]

When our guests arrive they will be asked to leave their names at the door, along with a postcard shaped note containing their innermost secret. [oooooooo!] It can be a secret about anything! Love lost, love found, love missing! Deep-seated fears or unacknowledged hatred! The most embarrassing moment of their lives, or the most freeing moment they dream of! Their secrets can be anything from the most wild to the most mundane! We won’t care! We will take them all! [applause]

Once all of our guests have arrived and their names recorded and their secrets dropped off, the well-trained staff here at Game of Secrets will take the postcards away from the venue, and transfer them to smaller cards which will then be given to me to hold onto. None of the guests, contestants, will know whose card has gone to whom. [gasps!]

Now, for the game part of the Game of Secrets. Each night the group of contestants within the dining hall will present us with a name. That name will be the person they believe to be the least savoury of those they are with. That person, good or bad, will then be removed from the Game of Secrets. The secret that was assigned to them will be revealed and depending on what it was, something else may happen! Who knows! It’s a Game of Secrets after all. [applause]

So here we go! Let’s see who is the first through the door!

This is a Phalla! If you are not familiar with this game, then go here and it will be explained to you.

This particular game is what we lovingly call “vanilla. With a twist”. There will be your standard roles present in this game Seer, Guard, Vigilante, Mafia, Masons There may be one or two random other roles, but that I will keep a secret. There are no Thralls, Millers, Conversions, or other obnoxious roles present. Why not? Because I dislike playing in games with them present so I’m not going to run a game with them present.

Sign-ups: unlike my past games, Sign-ups for this game are unlimited. As many players as we can get in a 48 hour period will be accepted. Please sign-up in bolded color. **NOT WHITE! I am old and lazy and using the default vanilla theme. If you sign up in WHITE I won't be able to see it and I will ignore your signup. **

When you sign-up to play, please inform the thread of your “name”. This will be your persona throughout the game. There will be no assigned names, no obvious roles, or anything of the like to make a role call available. There is not source material for this game other than what you the players put into it.
Secondly, when you sign-up, I will ask that you send me a PM (only one!) with your role’s Deepest Secret in it. These will be collected from every player and then randomly distributed at game start. If you have somehow managed to provide me with a secret identical are so close as to appear identical to another players, you will be asked to resubmit another secret.

These secrets will be divided into broad categories by myself and the secret in the hands of those chosen to leave the game may or may not have some effect on the game. What effect, well that is for you all to guess or figure out.

Vote Close Because I am a generous host, I will be putting vote close at around 4pm New Zealand Time. Which is Midnight EDT, 11pm Central, 10pm Mountain, and 9pm Pacific. You’re Welcome. Orders, if there are any, will be accepted until xx:59 of the hour prior to close, as time stamped by the forums.

Sign-ups will close at some point to be determined but no later than 10 am Sunday in New Zealand. Which will be 6pm Saturday on the East coast in the States. Depending upon the rate of signups I may decide to close things a bit earlier, or a bit later.

So now that this business has been concluded, we shall begin! Anything that I haven’t covered, please ask for clarification for in bolded darkorange and I will do my best to answer the question for you. You know, if I feel like it.
Game On!

1. Stever777-- Geddy
  2. Mill-- Boris
  3. TheRoadVirus-- Octavius
  4. Kime—Toph Beifong
  5. Tzeentchling—Ori Gami
  6. Sportzboyjtw- Inactivus
  7. Vagrant_winds-- Yuri
  8. Diorinix-- Dio
  9. Bluecyan –Guy Incognito
  10. REG Rysk -Rhys
  11. Warban – a magic talking dog named Sir Barks
  12. M.D. –Ben Adaephon Delat
  13. Lucedes – Flavinia Octahedron
  14. The Ender –An Unremarkable Cube
  15. Cythraul --Bluestreak
  16. INANTP -- Rond
  17. The Anonymous –Tony Houseman
  18. 38thDoe -- Gaia
  19. Cayrus –Marcus Antonius
  20. Zandracon—Mister Wu
  21. Shalmelo-- Wylie Times
  22. Phyphor—Academician Prokhor Zakharov

Reserves:

Teucrian
Assuran
Spoit

The Removed:
Day One:

Langly- I Needed a Name to Play – Exiled for speaking too much
The Dagon- Jack Mehoff – Producer’s Cut; Secreted Away
Chamberlain—eddie izzard –Producer’s Cut

Jdarksun—Jonah—Had the Insight—Producer’s Cut

Day Two:

Retaba – Removed by the group
Ketbra – BFF #1 – Pushed out a window
Obifett – Removed by Producers’ pact
Greenbarons – Removed by producers’ pact
Egos – Removed by producer’s pact
Exarch – Treated like Jimmy Hoffa

Day Three

Anialos – Removed by the Group
Megafrost—A Producer’s Pet – lost his dental floss
MrTLicious –Removed by producer’s pact
Infidel – Removed by producer’s pact
Slym— BFF #2 -- Bitch, Please
That Dave Fella – Bitch, Please

Day Four

Smoove operator – Removed by the Group
Psolms—A producer’s pet
Premium – vengeful vigilance – Removed by producer’s pact
Alegis – Removed by producer’s pact
Englightenedbum – had some Insight – Removed by producer’s pact

Day Five

The Removed
Spool32 – a producer’s pet – Removed by the Group
Kilnaga –something something missing a pillow
MrBlarney – Removed by Producer’s Pact
adventfalls – removed by producer’s pact

Day Six

romanqwerty – Removed by the group
Trueneverborn – removed by Producer’s pact
Orange Soda –removed by Producer’s pact

lonelyahava on

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Narrations::
    Day Zero Narration
    Day One narration
    Day Two narration
    Day Three narration
    Day Four narration
    Day Five narration
    Day Six narration

Secrets Information

~Any secret revealed in the game thread is declared null and void
    ~There are four categories of Secrets within the game: Pure Gossip, The Criminal Act, A Secret Agenda, A Personality Quirk
    ~You may discuss your secrets within PM conversations, if you decide you want to
    ~Nightly, you have the option of PMing the Host with a target for your Secret. Any Target is valid. Only One (1) secret from Each Category will be used per night, and it is first come first served based up on forum clock

• Is there anything stopping players from signing up with the same name?

My murderous wrath?

Also probably my ignoring duplicates.

Similar is fine! but identical i will have to murder you.

• Can you tell us a bit more about the setting? Like what time era this game takes in ? Also is this more like Mystery! or Big Brother?

Somewhere between the two! We're talking a more modernish setting, this is reality TV, of course! So like Big Brother.

But while I would never dare suggest that I am anywhere as awesome as Mr. Price, I do hope that this show provides our viewers, and players, with tingles of horror, fear, and that funny sensation of warm piss running down your leg. From laughter, of course!

• From here on out the Phalla mechanic formerly known as "Inactivus" will now be henceforth called, "Bitch, please!"
    • No exact duplicate names of players within the game.

Please don't make me kill you.

• should we include the host in all private correspondence?

Yes of course.

Why do you people ask such ridiculous questions?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Oh oh oh, can I play?

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Signy!
    Name is Geddy.

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Can I signup?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Spoit wrote: »
    Can I signup?

Clarification Denied, you brat.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Boom Boom Baby, the original phalla mistress is in the da house
    it's not me :I

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Signed
    Boris

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Sign me up! Name is Xander Wallace. He shall be making his first reappearance since getting Day 1'd in the recent Survivor phalla.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It is I, Octavius!
    Hold your swooning for tonight, ladies.
    -winning smile-

• Options
    and I'll go with Sebastian

that isn't pompous at all

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Can I signup?

Clarification Denied, you brat.

sounds like as good a name as any

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Toph Beifong

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    and I'll go with Sebastian

that isn't pompous at all

Say, old bean. Let us polish our monocles and glistening abdominal muscles, eh wot?

We can try and impress that toss beefknife lass over there

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Ori Gami

Edit: also yay ahava game!

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I'll be Sancho II Jimena, King of Castille.

Because I like pimping my own threads.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    @lonelyahava

Inactivus is here!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular

I am Cú Chulainn

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The great and disturbed Yuri has entered the premises.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I think my secret broke ahava. It WAS supposed to be a real one, right?

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    You can all call me Baron Xavier Emaneul the Third.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Why do I keep doing this to myself?

Name: Obi

ObiFett on
  • Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular

I'm not very inventive. Call me Dio, I guess.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Megatron will join this phalla. I could use some amusement, yes.

Megafrost on
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    My name...is Inigo Montoya

• Options
    man people are picking all these rad names instead of just being old school.

Just @Mill and I.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'll be Jed I. Knight

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Boris? Who is this Boris? I am Guy Incognito.

• Options
    Well coming up with a cool rad sounding name is pretty hard. There's a reason I always find naming my D&D characters hard, but at least haven't pulled the stunt one of my D&D buddies pulled where named a character Guy Popsecret.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Is there anything stopping players from signing up with the same name?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Is there anything stopping players from signing up with the same name?

My murderous wrath?

Also probably my ignoring duplicates.

Similar is fine! but identical i will have to murder you.

• Options
    Just sign up as as The Nameless One , @I needed a name to post.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    I make my triumphant RETURN!!!

as Harlen Benedict

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    Can you tell us a bit more about the setting? Like what time era this game takes in ? Also is this more like Mystery! or Big Brother?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAmGsM4Dids

VS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aongSCHRkkE&feature=relmfu

• Options
    Somewhere between the two! We're talking a more modernish setting, this is reality TV, of course! So like Big Brother.

But while I would never dare suggest that I am anywhere as awesome as Mr. Price, I do hope that this show provides our viewers, and players, with tingles of horror, fear, and that funny sensation of warm piss running down your leg. From laughter, of course!

• Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    I would love to play and was about to sign up, but remembered I'm leaving town on Sunday and don't really know what my schedule will be for the week.

But I can reserve up If you think there's a chance you might need it Ahava. If it turns out I'm available I will step in.

• Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs

I ask that you use my full name in all future correspondence.

Wot wot, old bean.

• Options
    I'll take that reserve under advisement, Teuc.

Sol, i am going to murder you. You know, in the future.

• Options
    I hope I'm not the first person to fear-pee

• Options
    psolms, I just want you to know that if I'm the village vig, I'm so killing you on day one for that ridiculously long name.

• Options
    psolms wrote: »
    Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs

I ask that you use my full name in all future correspondence.

Wot wot, old bean.

I'm gonna call you worchy