As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    TRV for Time.

What have I done now?

• TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Oh, I close upon you Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs. The numbers are not in either favor, yet. Begin the worry Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs the end is nigh.

Or at least it would be if I could do anything about it. I challenge you to a duel, Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs, at midnight (EST) and we shall see who the honor belongs to.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R30YFdjXdVQ

Secret.

I've got a secret.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    it's just that i'm trying to figure out whose secret i have, and it's more likely that it belongs to psolms than to you

Share this secret with me, citizen. I shall put some of my finest legionaries to work to discern the source of the secret

Not everything needs legions! Sometimes an assassin in a back alley is just as effective

Phyphor wrote: »
    it's just that i'm trying to figure out whose secret i have, and it's more likely that it belongs to psolms than to you

Share this secret with me, citizen. I shall put some of my finest legionaries to work to discern the source of the secret

Not everything needs legions! Sometimes an assassin in a back alley is just as effective

I prefer to hire "ladies of the night." They're just as good getting the info and no one ever wonders why they are where they are.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Oh, I close upon you Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs. The numbers are not in either favor, yet. Begin the worry Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs the end is nigh.

Or at least it would be if I could do anything about it. I challenge you to a duel, Sir Dr. Worchworth L. Himblebrah, Esquire, Duke of North Yorkshireinghamton Abbey, of the East-Himblebrahs, at midnight (EST) and we shall see who the honor belongs to.

Aha! Surely a duel is the best way to decide this. I propose we all vote somewhere else so that TrueNeverborn and I may settle this like gentlemen.

@psolms: **glares** ... ... coward...

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular

Or ninjas! I always thought the Roman Empire lacked ninjas.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    What's the deal with The Cultist, he keeps tying the vote.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I prefer to hire "ladies of the night." They're just as good getting the info and no one ever wonders why they are where they are.

Arms that are braceleted and white and bare
    (But in the lamplight, downed with light brown hair!)
    Is it perfume from a dress
    That makes me so digress?

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Name a problem that they can't fix! Name it!

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    What's the deal with The Cultist, he keeps tying the vote.

Sacrifices are demanded, sacrifices I must provide!

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Alegis wrote: »
    Oh. I did not tie the vote

well I don't give a flock

Look at me everybody! I'm a bird and casually mentioning things to make it look like I'm not paying attention.

You're on notice.

So is sportz for his intentional tying of the vote and general sportz-i-ness.

The post was made around the pun

I was winging it

• EgosEgos Registered User regular

so is the implication here you would kill someone based on a secret they wrote before the game started?

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    apparently it's romanqwerty's secret?

missed that post the first time through.

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    You fools!

Whhhhhhhhy are you not voting for @kime ?

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i'd like to say here that my secret is the incredibly boring one.

sorry, whoever got it!

jdarksun wrote: »
    You fools!

Whhhhhhhhy are you not voting for kime ?
    Because he died Day 1 in like the last three games in a row.

Because he's obviously mafia and we're trying for a less obvious target!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Also, the games I don't die are the ones where I rule everything and ride my chariot of blood and fire to victory

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It would be funny if only the votes towards a player's given name actually count.
    I mean, the mechanic probably exists for some reason, even if we have no idea what the names are for yet.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular

Sir, you besmirch my good name. The real coward has revealed himself. He challenges me to a duel, and then attempts to form an angry mob to remove me. How then shall we have our duel? Hmm?

You sir, are the coward, and a rabble-rouser.

Lack of money!

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    It would be funny if only the votes towards a player's given name actually count.
    I mean, the mechanic probably exists for some reason, even if we have no idea what the names are for yet.

Already had clarification on this:
    SLyM wrote: »
    Do you have to include player's in-game name when you vote for them?

Do you stop answering clarifications after day 1?

No, you do not. you can simply use the player's name.

and nah, I'll still answer them. that was fluff.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular

Lack of money!

I really keep wanting to say Mongol hordes for some reason, but I'm pretty sure that they never met? So I'll go with... Gandhi's nukes.

Retaba wrote: »

Lack of money!

I really keep wanting to say Mongol hordes for some reason, but I'm pretty sure that they never met? So I'll go with... Gandhi's nukes.

Lack of money: Legions sack enemy villages, get money. Win.
    Ghandi nukes: Too emaciated to function properly. Win. Worst/best case scenario, irradiated super legion. Double win.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Megafrost wrote: »

Already had clarification on this:
    SLyM wrote: »
    Do you have to include player's in-game name when you vote for them?

Do you stop answering clarifications after day 1?

No, you do not. you can simply use the player's name.

and nah, I'll still answer them. that was fluff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

So you don't have to include them in a vote. It doesn't mean they don't have another purpose.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    I'm less curious about name meaning, more curious about what the secrets do.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Oh. I did not tie the vote

well I don't give a flock

Look at me everybody! I'm a bird and casually mentioning things to make it look like I'm not paying attention.

You're on notice.

So is sportz for his intentional tying of the vote and general sportz-i-ness.

The post was made around the pun

I was winging it

:bz :bz :bz

psolms wrote: »

Sir, you besmirch my good name. The real coward has revealed himself. He challenges me to a duel, and then attempts to form an angry mob to remove me. How then shall we have our duel? Hmm?

You sir, are the coward, and a rabble-rouser.

You are the one calling off the votes, hence my calling you a coward. I say let them come, hopefully for you you long named bastard of a turd farmer. As for the Duel I recommend high moon, 23 paces with a colostomy bag of small pox.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    If a person is confronted with their own secret, will they explode in a violent fireball of shame, killing them?

Denied!
    spool32 wrote: »
    Streets that follow like a tedious argument
    Of insidious intent
    To lead you to an overwhelming question….
    Oh, do not ask, “how do we tell which category our secret belongs in?
    Let us go and make our visit.

You have to think about it!
    warban wrote: »
    Do we get anything if we succeed at revealing someone secret though narration or is the effect just bad for the person who gets their secret revealed? Or C-Denied?

You'll see!

If another player and I both submit that we want to reveal our secrets, our secrets are in the same category, and the other player's secret is chosen instead of mine, can I submit my secret the next night?[/quote]

No. The secrets being used in narration are first come, first used. if there is a double up of types, the secondary one is nulled and voided.

psolms wrote: »
    M'lady, what events transpire in the event of a tied vote?

You won't like it.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So apparently if everyone posts the secret they submitted, they all become void. :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    except for the 4 that work that night

ObiFett wrote: »
    except for the 4 that work that night

How's that?

OrokosPA.png
    edited July 2012
    the first one from each category that night works

then all the rest get voided.

ObiFett on

You mean if you post the secret you hold?

OrokosPA.png
    Infidel wrote: »

No, I think he's saying if everyone used it

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Is psolms still leading

Infidel wrote: »

No, I think he's saying if everyone used it

I'm not talking about the secret holders posting the secrets.

OrokosPA.png
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I'm still confused about the secrets. If I post the one I received, "I wet the bed" for example, do I also have to identify whose secret it is for it to have an effect (TRV in this example)? Or are we shooting in the dark vis a vis revealing secrets?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    I didnt think posting the secret in the thread did anything