As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Wouldn't the secret thing only matter if it was attatched to the player?

But yeah I forgot that was the phrase I used

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Langly

The enemies gate is down!
    That isn't a secret... Everyone with an ounce of Game Theory knows that!

Your grammar is awful. Even I, a speaker of (Castillan) Spanish, know that.

I'm a General and a Tactician, but Sir, I am no English teacher. In the field we would reprimand a Soldier like yourself for that kind of insubordination!

No one speaks to a King like that.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Ties are not automatically interesting.
    I hear good things about... what were they called... bowties?
    I was told by a rather interestingly-attired gentlemen that they were "cool."
    I felt the article of clothing, and its temperature did not seem out of the ordinary.

Odd fellow, that one...

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    Because if no one does it, we'll never know what it does.

This is a fair contention, but I would still not use a one time use power on the first night of a phalla pretty much EVER.

There is no way that after one day of game play that you know enough to intelligently use your power (especially if you don't know what it does)

You can also almost certainly bank on several players using it anyway. Why be the guinea pig when several others are almost certainly going to be?

And if no one uses it? Awesome! I would rather be in a game where no one uses their power on night 1 and be in a game with a village with an above average intelligence than be in a game where people are shooting blinding. I think we have shown overtime, how that is NEVER a viable village strategy.

Look what happened in the zombie space ship main a little bit ago? The only person that blindly fired got lucky and hit a mafia... as a result we were able to STOMP the mafia with superior numbers working together.

So we have no one using powers tonight: we are right back to where we started today, but with less people and more information to use powers with

We have a few people use powers tonight: (IMO guaranteed to happen)... we have a better idea on what they do, but the smart ones that didn't submit their power blindly, still have a useful tool to use later that might make or break the game for the village.

We have most of the village use their powers tonight: The village's power is GREATLY diminished.

We have everyone use their powers tonight: The village is without extra power for the rest of the game as we start gaining more information to work with. Game theory dictates that this is the worst possible strategy.

• Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    No one speaks to a King like that.

While you may be "a" king, you are not "my" king. I'm not quite sure what you think you are a king of? It is certainly not this kingdom! And you are certainly not the king that pays my salary and commissions my army!

General Nash is loyal to the king of this land! LONG LIVE THE KING!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Counting The Ender's earlier vote for The East as a vote for psolms, it appears that I am the last person to make a vote today. I see no problem !voting for Langly today. We'll eventually gather enough information to know what to do with secrets, but for now we'll want to keep them guarded.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    Quite a bit of activity to examine at least. Not bad for day one.

No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm pretty comfortable saying that this is a pretty idiotic vote.

• Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    To paraphrase the indomitable Jack Donaghy, regarding the Langly vote; "I see it, and I don't care."

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    The possibility that this vote is filled with stupid are 3720 to 1.

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    To be fair, I think the reasons for the guys in the tie before langly took over were pretty dumb too.

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    The possibility that this vote is filled with stupid are 3720 to 1.

Please, my good sir, never tell me the odds.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Hilariously that may not have even counted as a secret reveal if no one had raised a fuss, because that line is one that one assumes will eventually come up in a game like this.

liEt3nH.png
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    With the exception of possibly Obi's mini Star Wars Phalla (the keyword system did make it possible for mafia hunters to find something), I don't think I've ever seen a day one vote that was based on solid reason. Sure we've managed to get mafia on day one but that was more luck than people having a good reason for the day one vote.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Vote Closed my dears.

Narration will be shortly.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Is vote close now? Or in an hovr?
    Posting from the past is very difficvlt.
    Why do you not have different keys for v and v?
    You people are qvite strange.

Scribe! Are yov transcribing everything I say to yov?
    Posted 2002 years ago via E-Scroll

End of Day 1 Spreadsheet (up to post 645)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Welcome Welcome! The first day of the contest if complete! And I can tell you, that it has been one hell of a day of action here in the hall!

At first it started off slowly, with nobody entirely certain of anybody else, but halfway through the day, the accusations came flying fast and furious. Everybody present trying to figure out just who were the plants from the producers and who were not. At first it was evenly divided, the group seeming to not be sure just who to trust. But then in a moment of silence that oddly swept over at the right time, you know how that happens, a voice in the corner was overheard musing to himself “I will never reveal the Wu Tang Secret”.

He paused when he realized that everybody was looking at him, his face went very confused while another face within the group went red with frustration. He tore up his secret card and decided to think of a way around being less powerful. Luckily for the second man, he was not alone in his shock.

Almost to a single man and woman the crowd turned to the one who had voiced his own secret and they pointed at him, grabbed him by the shoulders, and brought him to the door. This was the man they wanted removed. Such a careless mistake that could cost them everything, or nothing (nobody was really certain) needed to be handled as justly and harshly as they could think of.

The crowd settled back down again to discuss their next possible move, but they noticed something very odd. There were three people missing! Three people had been removed from the game in silence.

Well, almost silence. The Dagon was almost out of the side door with event staff when somebody raised their postcard into the air and shouted “I choose to use my secret on The Dagon!”

A hush came over the crowd as the Hostess came into the room, looking a bit irritated that somebody used a secret up on a person almost out of the game anyway. “Very Well. The secret that you hold in your hand, Mill Is “I stole the cookie from the cookie jar.” This secret has now been used, and since it is of a Criminal nature, the person you chose to direct it towards will be removed from the game. Again.”

The Hostess stood and waited, looking around at those gathered when another player of the Game of Secrets came up to her with his postcard in hand. In a voice heavily accented in peasant Spanish, the man politely, but drunkenly stated, “I too, I would like to use my secret this night. I will choose to have my secret revealed upon the one called Kime”.

The Hostess, looking pleased at the politeness but disgusted at the drunken state of the man takes his postcard from him and with a smile, turns it over and nods. She waits for the drunk Spaniard to go sit himself back down before speaking.

“Very well then, Anialos Your secret reads ‘I was not in the original Final Fantasy’. Since this falls under the category of Pure Gossip, I am being told to inform you that Kime is not a member of the Producer’s Pact.”

The Hostess allowed for that information to sink in and then, satisfied that there were no other requests to use their postcards, the Hostess smiled and stepped off of the platform and back into the director’s booth.

The game, it would seem, was now truly on.

The Removed

Langly- I Needed a Name to Play – Exiled for speaking too much
    The Dagon- Jack Mehoff – Producer’s Cut; Secreted Away
    Chamberlain—eddie izzard –Producer’s Cut

Jdarksun—Jonah—Had some Insight—Producer’s Cut

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Oh. So .... Pure Gossip = Public Seering?

Secrets that's Criminal = Vig actions?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    All hail our Kime overlord!

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    so kime is network head?

Interesting turn.

INANTP

When we use our card. We can target anyone, or the person who wrote the card?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    Ok, so it seems we know how secrets work now. It need not be thrown against its originator. Interesting.

What are the 4 categories of cards?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    warban wrote: »

Based on roles, I don't think the secret has to pertain specifically to the person who wrote it. Perhaps you claim that it is your target's secret, and then they face the consequences?

Also, I am proud of the restraint shown by the citizens gathered here. No rampant wasting of secrets, no abuse of powers. Yet.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

The Personality Quirk
    The Criminal Act
    Pure Gossip
    A Secret Agenda

So another card type is, Guard and the final type? another vig? Role block?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    kime!!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    While I still don't quite understand the secrets mechanic, and it does appear as though we lost a special, I suppose kime's been publicly revealed in some fashion now. We gonna have to follow him now?

Start of Day 2 Spreadsheet (up to post 649)

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I, for one, welcome our new kime overlords.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    Oh dear.. Kime in control? This is something that brings me great discomfort.

All these stone people make me think of weeping angels.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    All these stone people make me think of weeping angels.

DON'T BLINK

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    So, don't we kill Infidel now?

You can target anyone.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Hmm, well the secret I have acquired seems to be a personality quirk... then again it might be illegal the card depending on circumstances... I doubt its a secret agenda, though I guess it could be, either that or its all gossip. So I guess tonight I will attempt to murder/protect/validate/something different somebody... maybe.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    So, don't we kill Infidel now?

For voting out a villager?

OrokosPA.png
    Leading a BW on a villager.

Ah ha.
    Stumped by my infallible logic, huh? :bz

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Leading a BW on a villager.

So every day 1 ever when a mafia isn't lynched?

OrokosPA.png