Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

1161719212245

Posts

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Guys, kime is as good as confirmed. There is no chance Ahava would have a fake public seering in her narration.

    This.

    You guys need more than "what if there is a really tricksy role!?!?!?? " when the OP says "there are no tricksy roles"

    If you have a legit reason, spit it out and I'll do what I can to work with you. As is, you don't.

    @TrueNeverborn: Soon, I will be getting more strict with people who still "don't quite trust me." But for now, the line is definitely drawn at "do not USE your secret without telling me"

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It seems that people will do anything they can to distrvst the one known as Kime.
    If there are no thralls or millers, then Kime wovld not have been colored as he was colored, I think.
    If he is green, then he is green.
    All who oppose Kime oppose the legion, and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Roman-legion.jpeg

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    @Roman, @Kime: To not question the obvious is very mafia of you... :P We're playing Phalla man, you question the rock till someone stabs you in the back. Just how it goes.

    Yeah, but this is questioning something that the host said isn't in the game. I mean, at some point you just become a distraction.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    That point was yesterday, IMHO.

  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User
    I'm following suite... Just not going to be stupid about it.

    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • RomanRoman regular Registered User regular
    So. Guys. I got notified of this thing because you shortened romanqwerty's name. I exist. Please don't do that. Thanks.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Roman wrote: »
    So. Guys. I got notified of this thing because you shortened romanqwerty's name. I exist. Please don't do that. Thanks.

    Hahaha sorry :p

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator regular Registered User regular
    TrueNeverborn again, unless there's a network call otherwise.

    Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness
    _____________________________________________

    HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Games in which we trust kime can never end well.

    But it seems like that's the thing to do!

    I would like to know what the other two categories do, though.

  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Are narrations reliable?

  • CayrusCayrus regular Registered User regular
    It seems that people will do anything they can to distrvst the one known as Kime.
    If there are no thralls or millers, then Kime wovld not have been colored as he was colored, I think.
    If he is green, then he is green.
    All who oppose Kime oppose the legion, and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Roman-legion.jpeg

    Legio XXX? My gods man, have you really raised 10 Legions against me?

    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

    Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

    Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • KetBraKetBra FISTS OF JUSTICE! Registered User regular
    I'm just sayin, there have been multiple games where narration manipulation has been a thing! Informing the public and so forth

    Also, revealing as a vig day 1 isn't guaranteed by any mean, especially since games can have weird mechanics that screw with vigs that do that.

    ohKiGmg.png
    Steam Bnet:KetBra#1692 Yo Satan
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I'm just sayin, there have been multiple games where narration manipulation has been a thing! Informing the public and so forth

    True. But this is narration manipulation where:
    • It specifically colors me limegreen
    • It specifically bolded the person who used the secret, so it is part of the "secret" mechanic
    • "Secret" mechanics only require a target
    • That means every night she's just gonna insert some random persons whims into the narration, and clearly indicate that it is just whatever they felt like saying?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User
    I'm on the books stating the Public Gossip mechanic needs to be verified. Narration manipulation is not something that is possible. As Ahava (and Kime restated) said there MAY be some special roles. But I'm shot down by the Kime Steam train. Just waiting on the target we're voting on for day 2, stilling putting Psolms out there as a option for the vote however.

    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'm on the books stating the Public Gossip mechanic needs to be verified. Narration manipulation is not something that is possible. As Ahava (and Kime restated) said there MAY be some special roles. But I'm shot down by the Kime Steam train. Just waiting on the target we're voting on for day 2, stilling putting Psolms out there as a option for the vote however.

    But there are not "obnoxious" roles. And what else would you describe a role that mimics a seering, but is fake? Or that is a crazy/paranoid seer? Those are like, textbook obnoxious.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    TrueNeverborn for questioning the almighty Kime as revealed to us by HIS OWN SECRET! *gasp*

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I am directing the wrath of the legion towards Diorinix. My advisors tell me that he has sent only two missives to the collective of this show, and as such, is svspect. Svffer not the mvte to live.

    BVRN THE SILENT. BVRN THE SVSPICIOUS.

  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    like here:

    -everyone has a secret of another player
    -secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -langly revealed the secret infidel had
    -infidel lost his power
    -infidel voted for langly as a result

    regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

    We don't know that it harmed the village. Infy is probably mafia.

    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Just by virtue of being Infy.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    like here:

    -everyone has a secret of another player
    -secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -langly revealed the secret infidel had
    -infidel lost his power
    -infidel voted for langly as a result

    regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

    We don't know that it harmed the village. Infy is probably mafia.

    Langly inadvertently harmed the village by being a villager who wasted his power. That bandwagon was 100% legit.

    Even if Infidel is mafia, the vote was still beneficial to the village because now everyone is on notice: wasting your power in the public thread gets you voted out. Ultimately, that benefits us more than sparing Langly.

    spool32 on
  • CayrusCayrus regular Registered User regular
    Retaba for tieing the vote yesterday, apparently twice.

    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

    Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

    Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User
    @Kime: I am saying NOTHING about roles. You are the one who keeps saying roles. I am saying SECRETS, which are not roles, are not linked to roles, have nothing to do with roles because even vanillagers have them, are perhaps a bit misleading. ESPECIALLY because of the narration. Yes it could just be fluff. But stand back from where I am, not knowing what you know about your own role. A misleading narration, with a unidentified one time only ability, mixed with your forcefulness and resistance to even attempt at the thought that such is even possible. It doesn't look good. I'm gunna follow the general consensus, Master Kime, (hopefully toward Psolms) but your absolute lack of finesse this time around is mind boggling. 'Corse I've been away for a while perhaps you're always this brutish now.

    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • DiorinixDiorinix regular Registered User regular
    I am directing the wrath of the legion towards Diorinix. My advisors tell me that he has sent only two missives to the collective of this show, and as such, is svspect. Svffer not the mvte to live.

    BVRN THE SILENT. BVRN THE SVSPICIOUS.

    I like to read more than talk. The previous games where I was really active I screwed up more than I got right. Not making that mistake this time.

    Yadda yadda, wasted vote, yadda yadda.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Just for the record, Langly wasted someone else's power, which is the travesty. (And a little broken design, but still the result of villager lazyness.)

    The whole "look at the tie" thing is silly, but doesn't look like anyone is caught pushing that. Oh well!

    If you think there is shenanigans, you do it right and vote for me. If I come up mafia ever, then you follow up on the tie. Until then, there is nothing really interesting or rational about the two wagons.

    And voting for me you probably want some reason to think I'm mafia other than "he voted for a villager" or "it's Infidel." I could at least somewhat accept "it's Infidel and it is now day 4" but we're not there yet are we. :P

    OrokosPA.png
    Play D&D 4e? :: Check out Orokos and upload your Character Builder sheet! :: Orokos Dice Roller
    The PhalLounge :: Chat board for Critical Failures IRC! :: #CriticalFailures and #mafia on irc.slashnet.org
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I like Cayrus's logic. Neverborn has been 100% suspicious so far, but unless and until we get a network call, I'm going with Retaba for vote-tying shenanigans.

  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum regular Registered User regular
    It's basically metagaming that ahava is not the kind of host who would screw us like that. Which I agree with.

    Also, Infidel's maxim about risk applies. There's a much higher chance that kime is who the narration says he is than not, and the village should be willing to take that chance.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Kime: I am saying NOTHING about roles. You are the one who keeps saying roles. I am saying SECRETS, which are not roles, are not linked to roles, have nothing to do with roles because even vanillagers have them, are perhaps a bit misleading. ESPECIALLY because of the narration. Yes it could just be fluff. But stand back from where I am, not knowing what you know about your own role. A misleading narration, with a unidentified one time only ability, mixed with your forcefulness and resistance to even attempt at the thought that such is even possible. It doesn't look good. I'm gunna follow the general consensus, Master Kime, (hopefully toward Psolms) but your absolute lack of finesse this time around is mind boggling. 'Corse I've been away for a while perhaps you're always this brutish now.

    Perhaps I am not understanding you. You are saying that, while the OP indicates there are no roles that will do a "fake public seering" (or any variation thereof), the secret mechanic has that possibility?

    As in, ahava is trying to be subtle when she says "there are annoying roles," but in her mind she's cackling evilly and thinking "but there ARE annoying mechanics!"

    Please clarify if I have that wrong.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    like here:

    -everyone has a secret of another player
    -secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -langly revealed the secret infidel had
    -infidel lost his power
    -infidel voted for langly as a result

    regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

    We don't know that it harmed the village. Infy is probably mafia.

    Langly inadvertently harmed the village by being a villager who wasted his power. That bandwagon was 100% legit.

    Even if Infidel is mafia, the vote was still beneficial to the village because now everyone is on notice: wasting your power in the public thread gets you voted out. Ultimately, that benefits us more than sparing Langly.

    I thought he wasted Infy's power. I guess it was Infy's secret that he wasted by not using then?

    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Cayrus's logic isn't something I like! Also it is kind of silly to assume I'm mafia because I went out of my way to tie the game about midway in the day.

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    like here:

    -everyone has a secret of another player
    -secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -langly revealed the secret infidel had
    -infidel lost his power
    -infidel voted for langly as a result

    regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

    We don't know that it harmed the village. Infy is probably mafia.

    Langly inadvertently harmed the village by being a villager who wasted his power. That bandwagon was 100% legit.

    Even if Infidel is mafia, the vote was still beneficial to the village because now everyone is on notice: wasting your power in the public thread gets you voted out. Ultimately, that benefits us more than sparing Langly.

    I thought he wasted Infy's power. I guess it was Infy's secret that he wasted by not using then?

    Now I'm not exactly clear, but either way it's a mess.

    Either:
    a) Langly spoke the secret he was given, which Infidel created.
    or
    b) Langly learned the secret Infidel held, created by some as-yet-unknown 3rd party, and then spoke it aloud, denying Infidel the chance to use his power.

    I understood it to be a) but b) is just as worthy of a vote.

  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I seriously doubt that Ahava would allow the mafia to fake a public seering, that certainly seems legit.

    That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of narration-affecting ability in play. Would seem to fit the flavor of the game, particularly given that the mafia is supposed to be a group handpicked by the producers.

    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • GreenbaronsGreenbarons regular Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    like here:

    -everyone has a secret of another player
    -secrets are powers
    -secrets lose their power if they are revealed in thread (they are no longer secret)
    -langly revealed the secret infidel had
    -infidel lost his power
    -infidel voted for langly as a result

    regardless of the fact that langly was likely not just paying attention or didn't understand the game (because i sure as fuck didn't until reading the latest narration) he took an action that directly harmed the village and was voted out for it

    We don't know that it harmed the village. Infy is probably mafia.

    Langly inadvertently harmed the village by being a villager who wasted his power. That bandwagon was 100% legit.

    Even if Infidel is mafia, the vote was still beneficial to the village because now everyone is on notice: wasting your power in the public thread gets you voted out. Ultimately, that benefits us more than sparing Langly.

    I thought he wasted Infy's power. I guess it was Infy's secret that he wasted by not using then?

    Now I'm not exactly clear, but either way it's a mess.

    Either:
    a) Langly spoke the secret he was given, which Infidel created.
    or
    b) Langly learned the secret Infidel held, created by some as-yet-unknown 3rd party, and then spoke it aloud, denying Infidel the chance to use his power.

    I understood it to be a) but b) is just as worthy of a vote.

    Most likely is C. Infidel had Langly's secret. Langly knew what it was and posted it in the thread, not realizing it would invalidate the power for whoever held it. He didn't nececarly know Infidel was carrying his secret.

  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User
    @Kime: No, you have it right now. Ahava is one tricksy hobbit if memory serves me. It is called Game of Secrets, which probably just references that secrets have power. All I'd like is to see some verification that it's a true seer. Hence why preferably I'd like to be the target of one tonight. Plus if it's a true seer I'll be shown as a simple game show player. Regardless, the possibility that there is no 'foul play' is high and I'm gunna go with the network/your plan regardless.

    So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'm thinking that maybe the mafia have 3 kills and that is to balance the secret powers? Vig, Guard, Seer, something else each night.

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Retaba wrote: »
    I'm thinking that maybe the mafia have 3 kills and that is to balance the secret powers? Vig, Guard, Seer, something else each night.

    There's something else going on, or else Jdark wouldn't have come up blue. There are more than two factions in this game.

    spool32 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I am not trying to be forceful or brutish or whatever.

    But when your argument is "she said there were no obnoxious roles, but maybe there are people that can just do the same thing that one of those obnoxious roles would do!" you'll have to forgive me if I think you are being just a little bit silly.

    Like, that's the point where you say, "screw it, we have to assume ahava is being legit, but if she really was trying to pull something like that we'll grudge her after the game!"

    Also, you hurt my feelings *sniff*. Just because you are being silly and I called you out on it doesn't make me mean!

    :P

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    I'm thinking that maybe the mafia have 3 kills and that is to balance the secret powers? Vig, Guard, Seer, something else each night.

    There's something else going on, or else Jdark wouldn't have come up blue. There are more than two factions in this game.

    We have true specials.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    stever777
    Anialos
    Mill


    All tried to start a bandwagon on Infidel as the start of the day. Not buying it. What's the justification? Saying someone isn't confirmed is no where near the same thing as saying they're suspicious and possibly mafia. Mill is completly ignorant of why the bandwagon existed in his post (yet calls the switch suspicions) while the other two make no mention. Anialos tries to use bad game theory as a joke. Stever tried to push the bandwagon asap.

    Infidel's wagon was the best shot we had day 1. The previous two ties were all grudge or name-too-long based and had no other reason than throwing someone out there for a Day 1 lynching. Infidel's actually had a reason behind it. A longshot chance is better than pissing away no chance whatsoever.
    ---

    KetBra

    Now here's a fool that can't read the Host OP and Clarifactions, or more possibly, is trying to create confusion and uncertianty where none exist and is trying to delay a village network from forming around a confirmed villager.
    There is no reason to doubt Kime as network head.
    ---

    TrueNeverborn

    You are thinking along the same lines of KetBra, only you actually refrence host notes so you're much smarter than them. You're still trying to delay a village network from forming. Consider yourself suspicious.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Oh, you're mean, kime.

    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

    The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    stever777 wrote: »
    Oh, you're mean, kime.

    Toph_cries.png

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
Sign In or Register to comment.