Options

She Who Likes Tigers (and Bald Men)

KynatheBarbarianKynatheBarbarian Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Artist's Corner
Hello, I decided to post three of my best pieces of art for review. One is purely digital, one was done on scratchboard and the last is a pencil/charcoal rendering on newsprint. I do best with real life references, hence these three, but I may include more creative doodles at a later date.

my_new_tiger_by_inthemoodforart-d4x9r7r.jpg

tiger_by_inthemoodforart-d4tp73z.jpg

patrick_stewart_by_inthemoodforart-d4tp7n6.jpg

KynatheBarbarian on

• Options
    edited July 2012
    That was a major D'OH! moment once I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks Egos.

KynatheBarbarian on
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Dude, very nice stuff indeed, skill-wise, at least on this pieces, you look very confident and comfortable, and other adjectives with co. Now, dont take this the wrong way, its just my point of view, but the references you used... no, the subjects you chose make me think that I have already seen them many times, wich kind of breaks the spell for me. On that note, I am anxious to see the creative doodles.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    That is a very valid comment. Yes, I suppose the subject matter isn't all that unique, original or especially interesting. That just means I'll have to step it up a notch! Thanks for the kind words and I'll get back to you with more postings hopefully in the very near future.

• Options
    Here are some example silly doodles. I did this as a concept test for a set of Xmas cards entitled "A Series of Unfortunate Events for Santa". It was a school project a couple years ago. I may eventually go back and redo them. These were rather rushed last minute due to procrastination.

An_Unfortunate_Encounter_No1_by_shepherdessdog.jpg

An_Unfortunate_Encounter_No2_by_shepherdessdog.jpg

An_Unfortunate_Encounter_No3_by_shepherdessdog.jpg