As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Like the changes?

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    No
    its kinda odd too that the poll results only show up on the first page of the thread.

also some really bad load times for moving about

Barcardi on
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    No
    The ignore feature in the last version made more sense.

Yeah way too much interface stuff. All we need is words on a forum and funny gifs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    No
    #pipe wrote: »
    Number one amazing best change

THE BLUE DOT IS BACK

wait what where

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    No
    my title is running off the area reserved for it and into my post area

gonna see how far it can go

edit: 100 character limit which means it looks like
    4t12I.png

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    No
    Sneeches.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    No
    I'm sure I'll get used to it once everything's ironed out.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Yes
    Henroid wrote: »
    Magus` wrote: »
    Still no anniversary badges! /sob

At least you have multiple stars. It's probably server hiccuping though.

This is true. I am the star king.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    No
    Well, if discussions get boiled down to people just going "YES/NO" on things, then what is already chaos will become more so and without any valid conversations this entire place just becomes another web forum and we all know one of the major reasons we come here is that it ISN'T like the other communities out there. Or it's just my opinion or whatever.

The army of avatars on the front page? That seems like something out of a 1990's BBS and I don't know how that is helpful or whatever. Seems to be extra weight in the sites footprint that wouldn't be needed. That's just cosmetic and resource though.
    a3dy4.png

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Helpless RockHelpless Rock Registered User regular
    GSM wrote: »
    Agree/disagree is funny when you realize it's nonanonymous. It even sticks your avatar on their post with a little frowny face.

It's apparently not permanent either, which is probably for the best. I just totally took away my agreement with your post after it didn't show my avatar with a smiley face for me.

WT83sWz.jpg
    Steam: Car1gt // Tumblr // Facebook // Twitter
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    No
    Everything will be worth it if the draft feature doesn't suck so much anymore

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    No
    I can't find my edit button. Even with all my styles turned off.

My soul is screaming.

• Options
    ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    Yes
    sad that it broke the stlye script that kept it looking like the older forum.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I am going to agree and disagree with so many things

mostly disagree

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    No
    It's just too much. I never felt any lack of social connections with the "plain" forum system, all the likes/dislikes/etc just feels like...eh.

Whatever, I'll probably get used to it. I'll just keep on posting like usual; now I'll just get to see how much everyone hates me, instead of just knowing it in my bones. :lol:

EDIT: what I don't like is the hover-over to edit/quote/etc

And what do the stars even mean?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yes
    Agree/disagree is funny when you realize it's nonanonymous. It even sticks your avatar on their post with a little frowny face.

That's actually an argument for it being worth keeping. Frowny faces EVERYWHERE on your post!

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    No
    I think the gear pops up in the upper right and that should have edit, at least that would make sense.

EDIT: Yep. Marsh, hover over your post and click on the upper right corner of it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Yes
    The draft feature used to work fine for me, why do other people hate it?

Also yeah there's a bit too much interface stuff, but hey Ye Olde Style 2.0 will hopefully fix that.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I wish I could disagree and agree with something at the same time.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    No
    I'm scared of change.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I like it, BUT now I will have the same thing I got from Steam and Xbox live and WoW, I want ALL OF THE ACHIEVMENTS GIVE ME BADGES!

• Options
    Yes
    I would like to agree to disagree.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Yes
    I really like the change to the voting and the agree/disagree buttons, personally.

The cheevos are silly but whatever bro it's all in good fun.

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Yes
    @mods

please replace "agree" feature with button that plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nySkau-deI

xet8c.gif

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Yes
    Zandracon wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Number one amazing best change

THE BLUE DOT IS BACK

wait what where

It has returned in spirit. The blue bar highlighting posts functions as the blue dot. At least, that's what it's sorta looking like.

My pants are excited.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    No
    Sort of like, sort of not. I just miss Ye Olde Style too much.

It looks too busy overall. Not a fan of the hidden flag/quote/etc buttons. It's distracting to see that stuff pop up when going through posts. I also don't like how they are now text links instead of being button-shaped. Perhaps those buttons can also be right-aligned instead of left-aligned, so they don't blend in with the post/sig as much.

The agree/disagree buttons sound like a trouble.

I know the previous version of the forums had it, but I really don't need to see that User image next to everyone's avatar. It makes sense to distinguish mods/admins, but not for everyone else.

I like the omni-present bookmarks button, although it is a bit slow to load. It would be nice if the "All Bookmarks" link at the bottom of the pop-up was always visible, so I wouldn't have to wait a few seconds for the shortlist to load first. Also, that shortlist disappears if I right-click on it. I love how the shortlist shows the number of new posts in each thread now, like in the mobile site.

The badges and "levels" sound like a silly idea, but could be fun. The wall of online user avatars at the bottom of each forum category is neat.

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular

It's apparently not permanent either, which is probably for the best. I just totally took away my agreement with your post after it didn't show my avatar with a smiley face for me.

It only shows up when you refresh the page. It makes it even more likely that people will initially think that it's anonymous.

We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    No
    really hate how agree/disagree faces stretch a post out even further

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    No
    Goose! wrote: »
    I think the gear pops up in the upper right and that should have edit, at least that would make sense.

EDIT: Yep. Marsh, hover over your post and click on the upper right corner of it.

I don't have a gear there. I know what's supposed to be there, but it isn't. I can only edit by going into the html view and finding the edit url.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Also, will Mods be able to create novilty badges? Like a "Crwth's Balls" badge?

• Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    Yes
    Can we have some fun cheevos like

Queen of K-pop

I want to do with you
  • Options
    Yes
    @Sal.

I agreed with your post.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    No
    The draft feature used to work fine for me, why do other people hate it?

Also yeah there's a bit too much interface stuff, but hey Ye Olde Style 2.0 will hopefully fix that.

The draft would save like as soon as you started the post, sometimes they wouldn't clear after you actually posted, and if you wanted to delete a draft, you had to do it individually from a separate screen away from the thread list

if there were a 'delete draft' button on the same line as the post reply button, that'd fix the problem pretty well for me

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    No
    Then you're strange and should be shunned.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    my cheevos!

• Options
    Yes
    Bucketman wrote: »

That would make for a good offering for the Solid Saints Auction. Icy and Ramius can auction off individual badge creation.

• Options
    Yes
    Bucketman wrote: »

Great minds think alike

I want to do with you
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    seems like it's taking a pretty long time for pages to load now

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Yes
    @Isoldae acknowledged

xet8c.gif

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yes
    I love that the draft system is gone, because it was shit

However, I just tried refreshing on the page I was on and instead of putting me back on the same page, it shot me to the newest page. Maybe just a glitch?

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    No
    oh the draft system is still here

and it's still saving my aborted posts

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg