As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prude Victorian Fencing [chat]

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Greeper wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Y'all have about 45 seconds to continue enjoying the disagree button

Down to two positives now eh?

It's all being tweaked, but I don't see the dislike button being a force for good on these forums. Insightful went because I thought it was redundant.

Because everything we say is insightful?

If I hadn't already posted that Tom Hanks video, I would post it again.

I guess we still have this condescending face.

8->

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Y'all have about 45 seconds to continue enjoying the disagree button

Down to two positives now eh?

It's all being tweaked, but I don't see the dislike button being a force for good on these forums. Insightful went because I thought it was redundant.

Because everything we say is insightful?

Mister Rogers says we're all special.

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    It's probably best the disagree button went away. Too easy a tool to be used to hate on someone.

My mindset is that the buttons really shouldn't be used in the normal course of forum-ing. Something has to be really X-TREEEEEEEEEEME to warrant a report for awesome. I'm not a fan of "anything you see on Facebook that you are okay with you smash the like button" but ... it's an optional button. I don't have to press it. Who cares?

On the other hand, I kind of like the idea of people clicking "Agree" instead of each posting a reply with variations of "I agree".

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    It's probably best the disagree button went away. Too easy a tool to be used to hate on someone.

My mindset is that the buttons really shouldn't be used in the normal course of forum-ing. Something has to be really X-TREEEEEEEEEEME to warrant a report for awesome. I'm not a fan of "anything you see on Facebook that you are okay with you smash the like button" but ... it's an optional button. I don't have to press it. Who cares?

On the other hand, I kind of like the idea of people clicking "Agree" instead of each posting a reply with variations of "I agree".

Does that actually happen?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options

There will probably be a mash of the cultures for a while where people will do both. Unless an Administrative decree politely asks us not to.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular

I agree.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    aww tube i was going to enjoy insightful :(

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    evilbob wrote: »

"Limed for truth" and similar, I believe.

• Options
    I posit that Greeper read my post and acted on its example.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

And just quoting something with nothing added.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Under the new system, the more people Agree with a post, the limier it should get.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    I posit that Greeper read my post and acted on its example.

You can prove NOTHING! You hear me? Nothing.

What are everyone's thoughts on Appleton rum? Last night I was drinking it and it was like water, it had no effect. It's different tonight, I can feel it. Mmm, it's quite good actually! Mixes very well with coke but poorly with Orange Juice. (Those who say that Orange Juice and Rum never mix... philistines, all of you).

• Options
    Is there a way to configure a PS3 so when I play a PS3 game it's 16:9 but when I pop in a PS2/1 game, which don't have widescreen support, it will automatically squish it to 4:3?

• Options
    Kinda got bored with FF5 looking all stretched.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

I think it's in the menu you get when you press the PS button?

• Options

I tried that; both options had the same format but one was zoomed out so all sides were surrounded by black.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Can I say that achievements are a terrible goddamn idea?

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    Will anybody even give a damn about them after today?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

I tried that; both options had the same format but one was zoomed out so all sides were surrounded by black.

Wait, is it still squished when it's surrounded by black?
    Couscous wrote: »

There's no disagree option anymore, so yes.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    Leitner wrote: »
    I've been playing Halo: Reach on Legendary difficulty. It's kind of silly difficult and almost not fun.

What strats are you running? I found Reach to hit the perfect balance between satisfyingly difficult but not bullshit.

:bz

I liked the difficulty on the easier settings, but so far, Legendary seems to land squarely in bullshit territory quite a bit. Close-range combat, which I really enjoy is basically suicide now (hooray 1-hit melee kills!), and everything pretty much kills me in 4-5 shots if not less. At this point I'm not sure how anyone actually plays Legendary with skulls (especially Black Eye, wtf), but I guess I'll get better.

I've mostly been using the plasma pistol + headshot combo when available. I'm only on the second (?) level where you start out with a sniper rifle, so I've been using that quite a bit. Other than that, running away a whole lot and letting my NPC guys take a bunch of damage instead of me. I cheesed through the first 2 Hunters with the gauss hog. Not really sure how else you're supposed to do that bit.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Yesterday, I noticed a firmly common word which's pronunciation I wasn't sure of for the past decades: Issue.
    Where do the distinct pronunciations of that word come from?

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I've been playing Halo: Reach on Legendary difficulty. It's kind of silly difficult and almost not fun.

That is the only Halo game I never bothered to finish on legendary.

It stopped being fun and was just fucking annoying.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    CalixtusCalixtus Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    edit: I fail at linking qq

Calixtus on
    -This message was deviously brought to you by:
  • Options

I'll often want to agree with someone, but feel silly posting, "I agree" and nothing else, so I won't post anything. I would totally click an "Agree" button though.

• Options

Wait, is it still squished when it's surrounded by black?

It's like going from 640x480 to 480x360, if that makes any sense.

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Yesterday, I noticed a firmly common word which's pronunciation I wasn't sure of for the past decades: Issue.

Lesse, Ameerican say: "Ish oo."

Britians say: "Iss (as in hiss) sue."

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

That is the only Halo game I never bothered to finish on legendary.

It stopped being fun and was just fucking annoying.

Compared to the Jackal snipers in two?

Those guys defined 'oh fuck off'.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Yay cracked the corner of the screen of my new iPad!

Yay!

Yay?

fuck.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Haphazard wrote: »

Lesse, Ameerican say: "Ish oo."

Ah, so it's once again the Atlantic's fault.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Many brits also say "Ish oo", or sometimes more like "Ish yoo".

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    Many brits also say "Ish oo", or sometimes more like "Ish yoo".

i am basically going off of Giles from Buffy to be fair.

• Options
    Only the older or traditionalist ones.

• Options
    The only way I've figure to do it is manually adjust the TV, and that's no fun.

• Options
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Yay cracked the corner of the screen of my new iPad!

Yay!

Yay?

fuck.

How bad is it? Just a crack or did the glass splinter off (that happened to a friend of mine)?

t japan: Well, now it seems I have to apologize to the Atlantic...

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I've just realised that I actually pronounce "issue" differently in different contexts.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    yeah only old people like my father say iss yoo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    In case anyone was wondering: I pronounced it "ish yoo" for the better half of my life.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    I say both, usually I sound more posh on the phone. For some reason that seems to be an iron law for humanity

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    I feel that Insightful should have been kept over Agree.

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I say both, usually I sound more posh on the phone. For some reason that seems to be an iron law for humanity

^^ has never had to take a phonecall from me!

This discussion has been closed.