As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I own at chaos dwarfs aka I don't fail sprint rolls on my centaur.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular

He can also get the Centaur the ball. This man, he is dangerous

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    There isnt. I believe there are: norse, underworld, khorne, and skaven

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Centaurs are absolutely nuts. That whole team is crazy good.

Steam
  • Options
    Veevee wrote: »

He can also get the Centaur the ball. This man, he is dangerous

This is my entire recipe for success. Give centaur ball, blitz centaur through weak part of line, sprint like man. Man bull... short man bull.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Cool, well I'ma play the CD then. I'll be joining up in about 10 hrs.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    We have four folks registered in the league now, just need a couple more teams. TNT, you had some ideas if you want to bounce them off of me for scheduling and stuff id love to hear it. Also, ill appoint everyone as commissioner for quicker validation.

Wotan, you should make a team and register to the open league, just in case you ever get the urge to play i can have it pre-admitted so you dont have to wait around. You can make as many as you want.

And id be happy to lay out tips and stuff for you if you'd think you'd like some.

Wasn't really a suggestion for your league unless you want to try it. But since leagues tend to take around a month or more since we are only playing 1 game a week I thought this calendar should be easy enough on everyone's weekly schedule and still be a consistent weekly schedule rather then just playing every 3 or 4 days. So a 6 person league would look like this:

Week 1
    Mon-Fri: Game 1
    Sat-Sun: Game 2

Week 2
    Mon-Fri: Game 3
    Sat-Sun: Game 4

Week 3
    Mon-Fri: Game 5
    Sat-Sun: Can be the playoff games but I feel no playoffs would work better since this schedule requires coaches to plan in advance and you might not know who is going to be in the playoffs. If you are doing a new season you can move it forward and give time to schedule games in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't mind if you guys play that style, but I highly doubt I can get in games to match that schedule. So if you take that route with this new league I'll have to drop out. The only way it would work for me is if it's as TNT says, that it'll need to be planned well to make sure I can meet up with someone for the weekday game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ok signed up with a Chaos Dwarf team. Let me know what you decide on scheduling and I'll drop if i think I can't make it and just try and grab open league games. If someone else wants to play CD I can play something else also.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Since, right now you would represent 20% of the league, we can make accommodations.

What about if i made the league an open league and everyone just had to work through a checklist of the other teams to play? Like, everyone has a list five teams to play, and the only requirement is to play at least one a week.

Steam
  • Options
    That works for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    From experience, as soon as you go international in your league membership then it becomes real, real hard to schedule games during the week

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    I will make a team, probably not CD because SOMEONE TOOK THEM ALREADY!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    FYI, I work Sunday-Thursday, 4pm-12 CST. I can play pretty much every day after midnight, and can make time before 2pm. My friday and saturdays are completely open and can play anytime

Veevee on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    I'm still debating on which team to bring in. I can't justify bringing in 1580 TV High Elves when TNTrooper's team is the only one anywhere near that, so I'm left with either 1320 TV Nurgle, 1050 TV Chaos (in which all players are still level 1), or a completely new team that will definitely not be Pro Elves after the last ones died horribly in a balloon crash that I certainly did not have any involvement in.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    Oh jesus is this a vet league or what? I'm scared.

• Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Don't be too scared, I'm only average at best. Sure, the High Elves are 5-0-1, but only because of the BS rolls they kept pulling off. The Nurgle are 3-2-4, and Chaos 0-2-0. The Pro Elves, on the other hand... they kind of had something like 3 players die in their first 2 games. You can probably guess how good their record is.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    No, I mean team value. I ain't scared of nothin.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    No, I mean team value. I ain't scared of nothin.

Just dont play ogres

• Options
    Playin ogres.

• Options
    Killing Ogres

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Veevee? You playing with your big bag of dicks dwarf team?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Nope, fresh Underworld team. Been destroying pubbies in Auld league with my dwarf team

• Options
    Don't be too scared, I'm only average at best. Sure, the High Elves are 5-0-1, but only because of the BS rolls they kept pulling off. The Nurgle are 3-2-4, and Chaos 0-2-0. The Pro Elves, on the other hand... they kind of had something like 3 players die in their first 2 games. You can probably guess how good their record is.

I don't mind if your High Elves are in. Inducements should make up the gap. At least it did with my dark elves when I played against fresh teams or against teams that were brutalised. You'd be surprised what 700k of inducements can do.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Everyone currently registered in the league has commissioner powers.

Steam
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I might jump in on the second incarnation of this league once I re-familiarize myself with the rules and teams, been a while since I played BB.

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Hah! Rookie Ogre on an experienced Human team got his first level up. Rolled a double 6.

My Brain says take Block but every fiber of my being demands a strength 6 piece. Every. Fibre.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Strength is always the right choice

• Options
    I used to be a solid block advocate, however 3 dice blocks are almost as safe and is way cooler.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You want at least 1 S6 guy because man fuck minotaurs and shit.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    OK, I... think I applied for the Open League with a Chaos team. I expect to be quite horribly slaughtered, really.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    @Zombie Hero

I was looking at the PA Open League standings and we have the number 1 and 2 teams. I think I need to knock you down a peg.

My 1700TV Norse, The Unlucky Few, against your 1640TV Necro, Endless Moon. I'm free after midnight and have the next 3 days off. You name the time and I will be there
    I'm hoping you could also broadcast it for others to enjoy

Veevee on
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    I just thought that everyone needed to know that @ketar is a generous generous soul and thanks to him I now have to play this game again! :D

Time to remember how to play! Not that I really knew all that much in the first place!

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Shit, i need to play some games to get into the 1400-1550 tv range. Im pretty open to games when not playing bl2

mrt144 on
  • Options
    I've been playing some games in Auld World league. All against people who speak French. Good matches so far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah thats where I do most of my blood bowling. Sometimes you get a dick, but overall it's pretty good

• Options
    Strength is the way to go.
    @Zombie Hero

I was looking at the PA Open League standings and we have the number 1 and 2 teams. I think I need to knock you down a peg.

My 1700TV Norse, The Unlucky Few, against your 1640TV Necro, Endless Moon. I'm free after midnight and have the next 3 days off. You name the time and I will be there
    I'm hoping you could also broadcast it for others to enjoy

Friday around 5:30 CST works for me. It's been awhile since i played them, i can't remember much about them. They have a high TV, but i think the roquefort runners beat them a bunch of times.

Steam
  • Options
    I haven't played my norse in a long time either, so it'll be interesting either way. 5:30pm CST it is.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    lmao, i remember norse. So many dead or injured fools.

• Options
    Are you going to be able to livestream the game @Zombie Hero for the extra lolz and pressure?