Options

Sleeping Dogs: Vampire DLC out Oct 30!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Whenever "Shoot Yo Shot" wasn't playing in the car, I wish it were

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I love it when Ride of the Valkyries comes on while I'm in a chase or something

or Sabre Dance

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I just listen to the Roadrunner station.

Because bad metal is always better than bad other music

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i just ramped off a car that was coming at me and then went and did the aberdeen fight club while listening to gwar's Beyond Hell and it was AWESOME

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I love it when Ride of the Valkyries comes on while I'm in a chase or something

or Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance came on while I was trying to get the clean driving achievement.

Appropriate

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Aaaaahhhhh holy shit

I just had a motorcycle chase with some guys while this was playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Diu2N8TGKA

And right at the big finish of the song, me and the last biker hit a huge ramp at the same time and I shot him in the head in slow-mo in mid-jump

I love this game

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh god, why would you put half a dozen swordfish heads on a pallet facing up?

• Options
    I'm working on getting all the achievements

Just finishing up the car theft stuff, then it's mainly just medals

And that damn karaoke achievement

• Options
    How do you get the karaoke achievement

• Options
    I finished this! That last segment was crazy

• Options
    Get 90% or above on all karaoke songs. It's probably not that bad, but since you have to have the left stick tilted to stay 'in tune' I can see myself fucking up a lot.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Get 90% or above on all karaoke songs. It's probably not that bad, but since you have to have the left stick tilted to stay 'in tune' I can see myself fucking up a lot.

Oh, I can do that easy

The only one I don't have 90% on already is the one I did for that favor where you have to intentionally bomb on a song

• Options
    Yeah, I think with some practice I could get it fine. I sometimes have trouble holding the stick in place when it's not a super high/super low note, though.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    and beated, what a great game
    only complaint, all the girlfriend missions just disappeared and around 75% of the way through I got a phone call from Not Ping where she asked me to do something but no mission about it ever occurred??

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    late game spoilers
    i kind of hoped that wei would abandon the police after he got cut off, and just fully embrace a life of crime.
    I thought that's what he'd do too

I also thought he'd end up killing Pendrew
    i'm actually really glad that both of those things didn't happen, the game is more original for it

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

Oh, I can do that easy

The only one I don't have 90% on already is the one I did for that favor where you have to intentionally bomb on a song

when I did that mission I immediately played the same song again and 100% it

Wei Shen is a real man and he has pipes, dammit

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Wei's cover of "I'm all out of Love" 8->

I finally unlocked more karaoke songs too, I didn't realise I had to go on the Tiffany date to do so.

• Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Buttlord wrote: »
    when the mission starts it starts out hand to hand

there's a guy in the second batch of three who has a cleaver

i go for the weapon guy first because then i can get his weapon

if there's a bunch of weapon guys, i take one out so that i can throw it as a one-hit kill at the other weapon guys and repeat the proces

anyway now i have a cleaver that i take into the next room and WELP\

whoa what slow up there

You can throw melee weapons!?

101 on
  • Options
    101 wrote: »

if there's a bunch of weapon guys, i take one out so that i can throw it as a one-hit kill at the other weapon guys and repeat the proces

whoa what slow up there

Yup. Just right trigger.

Also: got the 100% achievement! Now to work on the rest. That gambling medal's probably gonna be tedious.

• Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Beat this yesterday. Wish I had more to do. Looking forward to other titles this team makes.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

whoa what slow up there

beat people up until your face meter is activated

disarm a guy, take his butcher's knife

beat that guy senseless using his own weapon

as the meter turns out, throw the weapon at another guy's head

then

pull out your gun

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

whoa what slow up there

right trigger

i was doing that mission where you smash a dude's car with a tire iron and then he comes running at you

as soon as he came out i just whipped it at his dome and dropped him in his tracks

game owns

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Shooting out cop car tires while slowmoing off a ramp over two bridge roads is the best thing ever you guys.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    and beated, what a great game
    only complaint, all the girlfriend missions just disappeared and around 75% of the way through I got a phone call from Not Ping where she asked me to do something but no mission about it ever occurred??

The Not Ping phone call where
    She calls to yell at you and then at the end says "Call me!" Was hilarious, but I felt bad for laughing.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

Oh, I can do that easy

when I did that mission I immediately played the same song again and 100% it

Wei Shen is a real man and he has pipes, dammit

Hahaha, I did this too.

I wish they had done more with that mission.

It's probably the ONLY time most people will bomb on a karaoke song

the shit the game does to indicate failure should have been totally wacky and hilarious

Or like, drunk people should have barged in, ""Who the fack is sigin' so shitty in here", like the on-lookers that come in to dance when you're rocking it

Ah, well, missed opportunities.

• Options
    Finished this tonight, man that was crazy
    A good finale, it's a shame that the final fights seemed to mainly be countering, even the Dim Mak would whiff. I was hoping Jackie would make it, but alas.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Aaaaahhhhh holy shit

I just had a motorcycle chase with some guys while this was playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Diu2N8TGKA

And right at the big finish of the song, me and the last biker hit a huge ramp at the same time and I shot him in the head in slow-mo in mid-jump

I love this game

Appropriate music can sometimes turn fun moments into magic.

I miss being able to use HLDJ (Program that let you broadcast music) in Team Fortress 2. I mostly only played on a few servers that encouraged its usage. One of my favorite things to do was roll medic, and play this when ubering someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOnOrEpl8K8

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited September 2012
    A good finale, it's a shame that the final fights seemed to mainly be countering, even the Dim Mak would whiff. I was hoping Jackie would make it, but alas.
    Jackie's death was one of the few times where I've gotten really bummed at a videogame character getting killed. :(

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Jackie's death was one of the few times where I've gotten really bummed at a videogame character getting killed. :(
    Jackie
    Jackie was an emotional rollercoaster for me.
    From the second he walked on screen I knew he was going to die.
    Then he goes to jail and I'm like "Phew, maybe he'll live out the game in the slammer".
    Then Wei gets him out of jail, and I'm all "Nooooo Wei, what are you dooooing?!"
    Then he starts talking about how he's thinking of giving up the gangster life, and you know how that's going to end. He was one day away from retirement, etc.
    Then he gets taken and I think "Well it was nice knowing ya".
    Then you get him out of the coffin and the actor acts his ass off and a trickle of hope sneaks in. "Could that be it?"
    But then nope, Jackie dead.

Jackie is one of the most successful cases of the annoying sidekick I've seen.
    It's a common character type that often suffers from just being annoying and doing lame joke.
    Jackie however is endearing and actually got me caring about the character.

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »
    Jackie
    Then he goes to jail and I'm like "Phew, maybe he'll live out the game in the slammer".
    Then Wei gets him out of jail, and I'm all "Nooooo Wei, what are you dooooing?!"
    Then he starts talking about how he's thinking of giving up the gangster life, and you know how that's going to end. He was one day away from retirement, etc.
    Then you get him out of the coffin and the actor acts his ass off and a trickle of hope sneaks in. "Could that be it?"

It's a common character type that often suffers from just being annoying and doing lame joke.

Ending
    Yeah the buried alive mission would typically be the final heartstring pull, so it was smart of the writers to punch you in the gut immediately afterward.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWoUHsmoUQ

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/21/sleeping-dogs-october-dlc-revealed
    First up, the Street Racer Pack will add a new car, bike and boat race, as well as a new Sting superbike, a Dragon Helmet and a Racing Jacket with extra protection against gun fire. This will be followed by the SWAT Pack, which will add 20 new, replayable cop missions, alongside a unique SWAT outfit and van. Then the new Tactical Soldier Pack will offer players the most powerful weapons and armour in the game, while the Community Gift Pack will be completely free and contain a surprise for players.

The October DLC will culminate with the first story-driven game extension, which will be detailed at this year's New York Comic Con on October 14. This marks the start of the proper DLC content for the game, which we previously heard would last for at least six months.

I only really care about the story DLC
    Hopefully it has some heft to it and isn't just an hour or something

• Options
    all four of those "here's some bonus stuff and clothes" ones sound radical to me, actually

• Options
    MonkeythumbzMonkeythumbz Square Enix London Studios Community Manager London, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    You can find a full break-down of the DLC, including the 100% free Community Gift Pack, along with a trailer and some screenshots, over here: OCTOBER ADD-ON CONTENT REVEALED

Monkeythumbz on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Jackie

Ending
    Yeah the buried alive mission would typically be the final heartstring pull, so it was smart of the writers to punch you in the gut immediately afterward.
    i can honestly say that by the end of it

nothing else mattered aside from the fact that these fuckers killed jackie

and they were going to die for it

jackie ruled

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Jackie

Ending
    i can honestly say that by the end of it

nothing else mattered aside from the fact that these fuckers killed jackie

and they were going to die for it

jackie ruled

Final mission
    The escape mission felt so good after that
    Especially the room with the elevator shaft
    I was even sort of upset when I realized that there were more possible environmental kills in the room, but I had run out of bad guys

• Options
    CoS_EthanCoS_Ethan Gamer Registered User regular
    I need more cars...expensive ones!!

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork marvels, and ancient evils. Visit City of Steam on Facebook for screenshots, dev diaries, and news updates!
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWoUHsmoUQ

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/21/sleeping-dogs-october-dlc-revealed
    First up, the Street Racer Pack will add a new car, bike and boat race, as well as a new Sting superbike, a Dragon Helmet and a Racing Jacket with extra protection against gun fire. This will be followed by the SWAT Pack, which will add 20 new, replayable cop missions, alongside a unique SWAT outfit and van. Then the new Tactical Soldier Pack will offer players the most powerful weapons and armour in the game, while the Community Gift Pack will be completely free and contain a surprise for players.

The October DLC will culminate with the first story-driven game extension, which will be detailed at this year's New York Comic Con on October 14. This marks the start of the proper DLC content for the game, which we previously heard would last for at least six months.

I only really care about the story DLC
    Hopefully it has some heft to it and isn't just an hour or something

Oh man. That SWAT pack.

I can totally see a The Raid-esque mission/s happening.

I will smile so hard if this happens.

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Hey so I played and beat this. It was incredible. Music, voice acting, writing, gameplay. So much fun.
    Fuck you Big Smile Lee. Fuck you Tong. FUCK YOU PENDREW.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    TLHTLH Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    If anyone else is having bugs on the last section after BURIED ALIVE
    For some reason after my first attempt at escaping the torture scene, when Wei unties himself he gets up and strangles NO ONE with the hanging light cord. (Which makes for a very odd looking cord wrestling scene instead of the normal one) And to move on you DO have to kill that guy (who is now just hanging out in the corner, enjoying the view I imagine. With no way to attack, I found the only way to beat him is to grab him and then walk (cause you can't run either) him over to a table saw on the far side of the room, behind where your chair was and bash his face into the saw. Took me a while to notice it. Hope you didn't have the same problem. Still get points for environment take-down, but not as much I believe.

Also, after the last confrontation bit with Kim(?) the hostess
    where you catch her cheating
    you can
    kill her.
    Which now makes me wonder if you can have all the relationships end this way... curious for the sake of science of course.

E: also, for a game that felt a little unfinished, it was also a total blast.

TLH on