Sleeping Dogs: Vampire DLC out Oct 30!

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So is this game worth $50 guys?

i love the shit out of it

take that as you will
    This game sounds amazing

it's far from perfect, despite me singing its praises from the mountain high it does have some flaws

but i love it anyway because what it does it does so well

and that's letting me beat the SHIT out of guys and also hit them with cars

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    this is a pretty good game

I am already obsessed with the outfits bonuses and the apartment upgrades

the combat and driving are pretty dang good

also the guy you play is half conflicted cop half actual psychopath, which is interesting

I just unlocked Wei's psych profile, it's an interesting read.

Also, driving a car into the river for insurance, busting drug dealers with a security camera and learning the leg sweep move?

All in all, a pretty good day.

• Options
    get back to me when you've found ten statues and are absolutely slaughtering guys

the fight clubs get ludicrously easy when you can drop everyone but the grapplers in three seconds each

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The jade statues are a good carrot-on-a-stick, I'll give them that

• Options
    there's only one left for me to get and i know where it is i just can't get it yet

fake edit oh jesus i just unlocked the mission where i can get it

TIME TO GET THE LAST BADASS MOVE

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Is the melee combat pretty solid in this game? Batman AA/AC has spoiled me for smooth, thug-punching action.

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Is the melee combat pretty solid in this game? Batman AA/AC has spoiled me for smooth, thug-punching action.

You're not going to pirouette to an enemy 3 metres away or throw batarangs but the combat is pretty good kung fu stuff.

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »

You're not going to pirouette to an enemy 3 metres away or throw batarangs but the combat is pretty good kung fu stuff.

it's based on mma a LOT

basically anything you see one of the grapplers do is a variation on an actual wrestling move

in fact the one where you sprawl backwards to counter is literally the first move you learn and kicking your legs back like that and dropping down like wei does is the actual way you counter it

• Options
    One other thing - screw you, video games.

Even though I drive on the left side in real life, I'm still having to condition myself to not drive on the right side in this game.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    The correct lane to drive in is all lanes.

This is the proper way to play video games.

• Options
    But I risk -5 Cop Points!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    This game is pretty great

I love the Batman-lite combat and just the general feel of the whole game

• Options
    Oh God

Karaoke minigame

And the first song? Yes yes yes

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    this was supposed to have a lady protagonist at first? dammit!

I know, right? Apparantly my caveman brain can't process a lady main character.

Should have pulled an Archer and replaced her with a raptor.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Guys

In lots of the lockboxes you can find bits of clothing, or even full sets of clothing

And if you beat the Martial Arts Clubs in each district you sometimes get an outfit

These are often movie references

So far, these are the outfits I have found. SPOILERS I GUESS? WHO CARES THEY'RE SO AWESOME
    Shen Zen - Bruce Lee outfit from Enter the Dragon
    Yellow Jumpsuit - Bruce Lee outfit from Game of Death
    Mr. Black - a black suit from Reservoir Dogs
    Manhattan Melee - Jackie Chan outfit from Rumble in the Bronx (!!!)
    The Bon Gak - Tony Jaa outfit from Ong Bak
    Hog Pen Row - Chow Yun Fat outfit from Natural Born Killers

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    The second one

Yes yes yes I want that

• Options
    there's a couple other outfits but it's more things you get for story reasons that you then keep

i really wish his last outfit, which is an all black suit and shirt, was a thing i could wear

i love that suit

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    You mean The Killer, right? And does it come with the badass mafia scarf?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Olivaw wrote: »
    You mean The Killer, right? And does it come with the badass mafia scarf?

Oh, wait

I'm a big stupid idiot

I got Natural Born Killers mixed up with Replacement Killers

And I got confused by the outfit's in-game description

It's actually
    Stephen Chow's outfit from the end of Kung Fu Hustle

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Anyone else having trouble with the controls on PC?
    Sometimes it just refuses to register my clicks
    Even out of combat I sometimes have to click three time on a simple "Enter"

The mouse sensitivity in vehicles is also crazy high

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Apparently mouse controls on this game suck balls.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    fuck mouse controls

get a damn wired 360 controller

• Options
    What the hell

This game just turned into Creepy Stalker: The Video Game

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    the drug suppliers in this town should really stop wearing suits

also nothing in the world makes me happier than having wei go sing karaoke by himself

• Options
    Dying to see what the last four karaoke songs are

Don't wanna spoil myself though

• Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    What the hell

god dang you aren't kidding.

wei's been on one date each with three girls, why's he giving the one who it's heavily implied is a prostitute a hard time?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    i think this game looks fun

i am going to have to wait a bit though, maybe a long time, if i decide to buy it

it looks pretty neat in trailers and offcial videos, of course

i prefer to get my vidja game impressions from my fellow posters
    you guys seem to like it, which is good

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    hey this game's pretty fun

I have let way too many 'WACHA' and 'HIYA' noises out involuntarily while kung-fuing guys

• Options
    Wall-kicks just became my new favourite thing. Getting the final attack slow-mo for one just made my day.

Got an influx of jade statues too, the stun follow-up and the knee-breaker are brutal, god damn.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I just discovered my favourite thing to do. Get a motocycle, and do a wheelie while handbraking. I'm not sure how the physics of it work, but it is amazing.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    i am amazed this game even came out

more amazed that it's this good

• Options
    Climbing elbow strike into stun grapple is basically an "I win" combo in combat, but that's okay because it's brutal as shit

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    What the hell

wei's been on one date each with three girls, why's he giving the one who it's heavily implied is a prostitute a hard time?

This part kinda ruined the game for me. Well, maybe not ruined, but smudged the hell out of it. I'm all having fun, fighting mans, drivin around, learnin moves, and then I get a mission where I have to fucking (these spoilers are for a date mission, so unless something big happens, it doesn't spoil much)
    tap a phone to listen in on a girl, follow her around the city, and yell at her for seeing other men, despite the main character seeing 3 women? Then he tells her he's seeing one of them for his job when that is why he was seeing the fucking girl he is now stalking? When confronted about seeing other women he just says he'll "see what he can do" and walks off like a hardass.

Now I just can't enjoy this protagonist at all.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    What the hell

This part kinda ruined the game for me. Well, maybe not ruined, but smudged the hell out of it. I'm all having fun, fighting mans, drivin around, learnin moves, and then I get a mission where I have to fucking (these spoilers are for a date mission, so unless something big happens, it doesn't spoil much)
    tap a phone to listen in on a girl, follow her around the city, and yell at her for seeing other men, despite the main character seeing 3 women? Then he tells her he's seeing one of them for his job when that is why he was seeing the fucking girl he is now stalking? When confronted about seeing other women he just says he'll "see what he can do" and walks off like a hardass.

Now I just can't enjoy this protagonist at all.

Yeah this whole bit was super weird and out of place

But the whole 'girlfriend' element of the game seems so half-baked to begin with, that I didn't really think about it

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    the girlfriend element basically ends there

theres literally five main girlfriend missions, one for each girl

and then that one favor mission

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    yeah I think the "girlfriend" thing was pretty heavily cut from the game

I'm guessing that stuff is leftover missions that were done and didn't interrupt the game too badly so they kept 'em

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Which sucks because Emma Stone's character feels like a very natural fit into the main story

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Is Emma Stone the American girl?

That one actually felt natural, and I really wanted to see if that went anywhere.

EDIT: Now I feel like that was a really dumb question, but apparently deleting posts no longer exists.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    So, I know that we were talking about The Raid last page, but I finally watched it.

HOLY SHIT. That movie is fucking bananas.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    So, I know that we were talking about The Raid last page, but I finally watched it.

HOLY SHIT. That movie is fucking bananas.

I know, right? I can't believe they actually made a movie with a higher number of cringe-worthy martial arts beatings than Ong Bak, but The Raid pulls it off.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky