Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

LGBTT: It's Raining DOMA Rulings! (It's for Thread)

1457910100

Posts

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah, that guy was a dumb in that video. The girl at the window? What should she do in response to him? Say "you're right" and quit her job in this economy?

    That video is shit and does nothing to further his cause.

    Not to mention how he lashes out at her at the end asking her how she sleeps at night? Who the fuck does he think he is? I feel bad for the girl because this is a clear example of how what one man says should not be forced onto other people. Boycott is fine, but anything like this is just idiotic in nature and that guy should be ashamed.

    I thought the video did more to put her in a great light, and him in a pretty poor one. I wonder what his thought process was when he uploaded it.

    Without judging his motives I think he just wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Being progressive is easy when all you have to do is lash out at a fast food joint. The ignorant are usually the loudest and most attention seeking.

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah, that guy was a dumb in that video. The girl at the window? What should she do in response to him? Say "you're right" and quit her job in this economy?

    That video is shit and does nothing to further his cause.

    He directly impacted the company's wallet. Water, the cup, the lid, the straw, the time to put it together, and the woman at the windows paid time. It doesn't matter if her mind changes (it costs the company more to hire a new dreg), it matters that he took their time. If everyone who was protesting instead did something like this, you would see a pretty big change in the company. Instead we have the striesand effect and more people support the company then ever.

    Yeah, they'd probably stop giving away free water.

    Good work.

    Now about them gays.....

  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Disco11 wrote: »
    I wish we had chick a fil up here in Canada so I could not buy their sandwiches.

    You haven't eaten their food.
    You don't know the sirens' call of their waffle fries dipped in your leftover BBQ sauce.

    That sounds 100% revolting.

  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2012
    I'd say the big problem is that Chicfila is pretty exclusively in areas dominated by terrible people. If this were LL Bean or Dunkin Doughnuts, there'd be a pretty huge hit to the bottom line.

    Bagginses on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    There are l
    If he had said that stuff to the manager of the store, I could agree with that, because that's a guy who actually could do something about it.

    But yeah, I felt bad for the poor underpaid girl who basically just had to stand there and take it, looking uncomfortable the whole time.

    On the plus side the guy took down the video. The asshole who re-uploaded it on his account just to pick on the guy is just as bad as the guy himself.

    Did the guy who made the video send a written apology to the girl employee stationed at the register? That would be appropriate. "I should not have said you were a terrible person because you work at Chick-Fil-A. I am sorry."

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah, that guy was a dumb in that video. The girl at the window? What should she do in response to him? Say "you're right" and quit her job in this economy?

    That video is shit and does nothing to further his cause.

    He directly impacted the company's wallet. Water, the cup, the lid, the straw, the time to put it together, and the woman at the windows paid time. It doesn't matter if her mind changes (it costs the company more to hire a new dreg), it matters that he took their time. If everyone who was protesting instead did something like this, you would see a pretty big change in the company. Instead we have the striesand effect and more people support the company then ever.

    What change in the company? Why is it ok to slam an entire company of people under the umbrella of what one man says? Is the hypocrisy here not reaching critical levels?

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah, that guy was a dumb in that video. The girl at the window? What should she do in response to him? Say "you're right" and quit her job in this economy?

    That video is shit and does nothing to further his cause.

    He directly impacted the company's wallet. Water, the cup, the lid, the straw, the time to put it together, and the woman at the windows paid time. It doesn't matter if her mind changes (it costs the company more to hire a new dreg), it matters that he took their time. If everyone who was protesting instead did something like this, you would see a pretty big change in the company. Instead we have the striesand effect and more people support the company then ever.

    The change: they put a stop to letting people order "free water" an charge for it.

    Google+ Profile XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    I replace "says" with "gave millions of dollars to horrible anti-LGBT groups" so that I don't lose my fucking mind.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-michelson/chick-fil-a-first-amendment_b_1733305.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    My favourite quote from that video is the dude saying "not a gay in me", as he's explaining that he's a nice guy.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    That "free water" isn't provided out of the kindness of their hearts if I remember correctly. There's some kind of statute in some places mandating free water in restaurants.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I replace "says" with "gave millions of dollars to horrible anti-LGBT groups" so that I don't lose my fucking mind.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-michelson/chick-fil-a-first-amendment_b_1733305.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

    Ok. So we still blame everyone working for the company because of this guys opinions/financial choices? Seems fair.

    So the homosexual that molested me when I was a child gives me the right to assume all homosexuals are the same right? I'll hold all the gays accountable!

    No. And it's stupid to judge and assault the people that had nothing to do with the choices of one man.

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    That "free water" isn't provided out of the kindness of their hearts if I remember correctly. There's some kind of statute in some places mandating free water in restaurants.

    If southern states don't have statutes mandating the provision of water (I'm pretty sure that's a use of the word) to anyone who asks during summer months, they deserve to be Shermaned.

    AManFromEarthBolthornDarkPrimus
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    I replace "says" with "gave millions of dollars to horrible anti-LGBT groups" so that I don't lose my fucking mind.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-michelson/chick-fil-a-first-amendment_b_1733305.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

    Ok. So we still blame everyone working for the company because of this guys opinions/financial choices? Seems fair.

    So the homosexual that molested me when I was a child gives me the right to assume all homosexuals are the same right? I'll hold all the gays accountable!

    No. And it's stupid to judge and assault the people that had nothing to do with the choices of one man.
    I'm not blaming everyone that works for the company because I'm not stupid.

  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    Yes, everyone gets free water from restaurants.

    Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I replace "says" with "gave millions of dollars to horrible anti-LGBT groups" so that I don't lose my fucking mind.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noah-michelson/chick-fil-a-first-amendment_b_1733305.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices

    Ok. So we still blame everyone working for the company because of this guys opinions/financial choices? Seems fair.

    So the homosexual that molested me when I was a child gives me the right to assume all homosexuals are the same right? I'll hold all the gays accountable!

    No. And it's stupid to judge and assault the people that had nothing to do with the choices of one man.
    I'm not blaming everyone that works for the company because I'm not stupid.

    And I don't mean to say you are, but it seems like people want everyone who works for CFA to step down from their jobs, asking them to make a sacrifice for their personal beliefs. This whole thing started as a boycott and that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do, but people are just acting retarded now and it doesn't help the positions of either side at all.

    I wanted gays to have rights on principal alone but now I also want them to have this shit so we can just move the fuck on already.

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So the homosexual that molested me when I was a child gives me the right to assume all homosexuals are the same right? I'll hold all the gays accountable!

    Pedophiles are not homosexuals.

  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    The guy is a tool, can we leave it at that? Boycotts do not involve pretending to be a customer so that you can berate an employee.

    That is not boycotting.

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Agreed, but my point was that he was an openly gay man in an openly gay relationship and I happened to be spending the night at his house when he drunkenly decided it was cool to fondle my boy-bits while I was asleep on the couch. It would be stupid of me to apply that type of thing to every homosexuals. The same applies to lambasting all people who still eat or work at CFA because of the choices of one man. Prejudice exists but to be so fucking hypocritical about it just... ugh. UGH.

    People buying chicken to spite the gay movement? Ignorant.
    People boycotting CFA AND demanding the rest of the world follow them or else they are hate-filled? Ignorant.

    Hold the individual accountable IF YOU CAN, but dragging out this issue and making it into a circus is just diverting the real issues away from the real problems - like the rights of individuals to be equal across the board. If anything this whole chicken thing is simply going to make CFA a shitload of money until it dies down and the next anti-gay target pops up and the mob moves on to it.

    If people REALLY cared about their position they would take the time to invest properly in it, to support it and the root issue, not jumping on the latest bandwagon of self-righteousness.

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Agreed, but my point was that he was an openly gay man in an openly gay relationship and I happened to be spending the night at his house when he drunkenly decided it was cool to fondle my boy-bits while I was asleep on the couch. It would be stupid of me to apply that type of thing to every homosexuals. The same applies to lambasting all people who still eat or work at CFA because of the choices of one man. Prejudice exists but to be so fucking hypocritical about it just... ugh. UGH.

    People buying chicken to spite the gay movement? Ignorant.
    People boycotting CFA AND demanding the rest of the world follow them or else they are hate-filled? Ignorant.

    Hold the individual accountable IF YOU CAN, but dragging out this issue and making it into a circus is just diverting the real issues away from the real problems - like the rights of individuals to be equal across the board. If anything this whole chicken thing is simply going to make CFA a shitload of money until it dies down and the next anti-gay target pops up and the mob moves on to it.

    If people REALLY cared about their position they would take the time to invest properly in it, to support it and the root issue, not jumping on the latest bandwagon of self-righteousness.

    You mean like Dan Cathy does?

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So the homosexual that molested me when I was a child gives me the right to assume all homosexuals are the same right? I'll hold all the gays accountable!

    Pedophiles are not homosexuals.

    That was rather his point. Reading comprehension is cool.

    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That video of the guy at the drive through... ugh. Making bottom rung employee's day tough is not striking a blow against CFA.

    Anyone who isn't self-employed may well be working for a company with aspects that are less than stellar, if not deplorable.

    I work for a massive corporation that spans the globe in one fashion or another. I know they do good and charitable things for a variety of local and larger scale causes, but I'm sure if someone went over the books and contracts with a fine toothed comb they'd find something I wouldn't want to be directly associated with.

    When you go far enough down the food chain eventually you just hit people doing what they can to make ends meet. Unless they themselves are individually treating people badly based on prejudices, I don't see what good we'll do harassing CFA drive through window employees. It's not likely you're going to impact their mult-billion dollar bottom line snagging free water (while idling for a couple of minutes, wasting more money than you're taking from them in gas, I'm sure).

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    Apparently the dude who posted the video had his information posted online, and his place of work (University of Arizona apparently) took down his page on their server, and he removed/privatized his linked in account.

    Remind me to never post anything to the internet again.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    IF you put something up hoping to get attention, just be wary of the kind of attention you might get.


  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    Apparently the dude who posted the video had his information posted online, and his place of work (University of Arizona apparently) took down his page on their server, and he removed/privatized his linked in account.

    Remind me to never post anything to the internet again.

    Holy fuck.

    The guy definitely did not deserve that.

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Opinions may vary with mileage.

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    Apparently the dude who posted the video had his information posted online, and his place of work (University of Arizona apparently) took down his page on their server, and he removed/privatized his linked in account.

    Remind me to never post anything to the internet again.

    Sounds like something 4chan would do.

  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So the homosexual that molested me when I was a child gives me the right to assume all homosexuals are the same right? I'll hold all the gays accountable!

    Pedophiles are not homosexuals.

    That was rather his point. Reading comprehension is cool.

    I don't choose to comprehend poorly thought out arguments.

    Magic Pink on
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    Apparently the dude who posted the video had his information posted online, and his place of work (University of Arizona apparently) took down his page on their server, and he removed/privatized his linked in account.

    Remind me to never post anything to the internet again.

    Holy fuck.

    The guy definitely did not deserve that.

    He's lucky that his mistake wasn't making twitter posts late at night demeaning a B-list celebrity who happened to be a woman.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • FrankiedarlingFrankiedarling Registered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    saint2e wrote: »
    Apparently the dude who posted the video had his information posted online, and his place of work (University of Arizona apparently) took down his page on their server, and he removed/privatized his linked in account.

    Remind me to never post anything to the internet again.

    Holy fuck.

    The guy definitely did not deserve that.

    He's lucky that his mistake wasn't making twitter posts late at night demeaning a B-list celebrity who happened to be a woman.

    Because that would be wrong.

  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Who are we talking about here?

  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So the homosexual that molested me when I was a child gives me the right to assume all homosexuals are the same right? I'll hold all the gays accountable!

    Pedophiles are not homosexuals.

    That was rather his point. Reading comprehension is cool.

    I don't choose to comprehend poorly thought out arguments.

    So you're saying you willingly argue in topics you claim not to comprehend?

    Ok.

    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Who are we talking about here?

    That dude who got fired from Destructoid. Ryan Perez.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    The guy who was pointlessly misogynistic about Felicia Day? I thought we'd forgotten about him, like, weeks ago.

  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    The guy who was pointlessly misogynistic about Felicia Day? I thought we'd forgotten about him, like, weeks ago.

    I was reminded of him with the whole "stupid people posting stupid things on the internet" theme here.

    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    That video of the guy at the drive through... ugh. Making bottom rung employee's day tough is not striking a blow against CFA.

    Anyone who isn't self-employed may well be working for a company with aspects that are less than stellar, if not deplorable.

    I work for a massive corporation that spans the globe in one fashion or another. I know they do good and charitable things for a variety of local and larger scale causes, but I'm sure if someone went over the books and contracts with a fine toothed comb they'd find something I wouldn't want to be directly associated with.

    When you go far enough down the food chain eventually you just hit people doing what they can to make ends meet. Unless they themselves are individually treating people badly based on prejudices, I don't see what good we'll do harassing CFA drive through window employees. It's not likely you're going to impact their mult-billion dollar bottom line snagging free water (while idling for a couple of minutes, wasting more money than you're taking from them in gas, I'm sure).

    I was actually impressed with the way the girl handled herself in the video to the man obviously heckling her. She didn't get very rude and he continued to be an ass to her. Everyone hates those customers, and if anything, I would give her a raise and be looking at manager material after that, because she can obviously deal with customers.

    On the flipside of this Chik-Fil-A debacle, doesn't Chik-Fil-A apparently give awesome benefits to their employees, like helping pay for college? I remember hearing that on the Daily Show the other day.

    On a completely different note, how did the sit-in part 2 go for the Texas guys and their friends?

  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    saint2e wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    The guy who was pointlessly misogynistic about Felicia Day? I thought we'd forgotten about him, like, weeks ago.

    I was reminded of him with the whole "stupid people posting stupid things on the internet" theme here.

    In fairness, this is a theme of every internet forum, every day.

    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    saint2e
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    On a completely different note, how did the sit-in part 2 go for the Texas guys and their friends?

    I haven't seen updates. I'd assume not well.

  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    The asshole who re-uploaded it on his account just to pick on the guy is just as bad as the guy himself.

    Nah, I think he needs to be called out on his bullshit.

    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    The brouhaha over this video really illustrates how far we have to go on gay rights.

    There are... fucking thousands of videos of christian bigots on youtube who are all too happy to tell you how gays are teh evul.

    But one gay dude makes a video of himself being an asshole at a drive through and the entire gay rights movement needs to bury itself in a hole in shame.

    Fuck that, and the people making this out to be more than it is.

    Changes nothing about Fuck-Fil-A's shitty policy of funding hate groups.

    Regina Fong on
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    So because there are worse things happening, we shouldn't pay any attention to this video?

    banner_160x60_01.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.