As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Parties

124»

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I didn't stay for the final round, but I'm betting Khaleesi won the cosplay contest at Volume. She was a spitting image too; blonde as hell, cute as hell... no male contestant had a chance in the club environment. (Still, the Volume party smacked of the same vibes as how the Trinity party was described. PAX was a mere footnote; a ten minute 'oh yeah, and we gotta do this' kind of thing that book-ended last call.) Don't get me wrong, though; the club itself knows how to run EDM... had a great drunken time!

Initialdor on
    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Noc Noc at 2nd between Pike and Pine is a nice place to dance or unwind. Nice menu, reasonable prices, lots of comfortable seating, etc.

• Options
    bogardonbogardon Registered User new member
    so what's going on with .party()? the facebook link seems to be invalid now and http://secretblackfedora.com/pax/ doesn't have a way to rsvp. anyone have any new info?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    bogardon wrote: »
    so what's going on with .party()? the facebook link seems to be invalid now and http://secretblackfedora.com/pax/ doesn't have a way to rsvp. anyone have any new info?

My understanding is that is that there are no more passes.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    The Guild Wars 2 launch party was mostly just a dev meet and greet. Bleh.

It was in dire need of some hookers and blow.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Did anyone actually get in the .party()? The fb event was deleted around 10:00.

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    zingledotzingledot Registered User regular
    I ended up at gameworks. Good time. Riot was having an office party there, so it was cool to see them, but wasn't an open party our anything.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Went to El Corazon to see XBit Seattle, that was pretty damn ballin. Thanks Johnny Nero!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Riot hosting a pub stomp Tonight

• Options
    vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    I got into the .party(). I had an absolute blast, but I was also VIP.

• Options
    XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    vgc wrote: »
    I got into the .party(). I had an absolute blast, but I was also VIP.

Even as a non-VIP it was amazing. Despite the bro factor being a bit high, there were lots of PAXers.

Xalara on
  • Options
    Riot pub stomp turned into a great time for anyone who stuck around

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    The Metal Gear Solid party was amazing.

• Options
    deflatermau5deflatermau5 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Wait! What Metal Gear Solid Party ?? I didn't see it posted any where on this forum in advance cause i totally would have went to this. If anybody went to this, please tell me how good or bad it was ?

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Wait! What Metal Gear Solid Party ?? I didn't see it posted any where on this forum in advance cause i totally would have went to this. If anybody went to this, please tell me how good or bad it was ?

Private party announced the day before PAX. The first 50 people who preordered Metal Gear Rising at the Konami/MGS booth got 2 wristbands which got you into the MGS party at the Hard Rock Cafe the Saturday night of PAX.

Here's some info on it on my friend's site: http://www.substance-tv.com/metal-gear-25th-anniversary-party/

He said only 100 people got in, but it was 100 people (for the wristbands) plus celebrities, special guests, etc. Kojima, Cliffy B, FreddieW, Hip Hop Gamer, the Mega64 guys, Gus from Rooster Teeth were there to name a few people. It was a super badass party.

(And it was open bar)

Edit: Here's a video I took of him cutting the cake (which was awesome btw) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ah20usH_SM

TheAggroCraig on
  • Options
    creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Private party announced the day before PAX. The first 50 people who preordered Metal Gear Rising at the Konami/MGS booth got 2 wristbands which got you into the MGS party at the Hard Rock Cafe the Saturday night of PAX.
    Was this mentioned/advertised at all beforehand? I would've done this if I knew I could!

creid8 on
  • Options
    deflatermau5deflatermau5 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Yeah me too dude. I definitely would've not missed out on this event if it was posted here on this thread. I thought all the parties were suppose to be posted on here. I'm really sad i missed out on this event being a huge MGS/KONAMI fanboy. :'( sob sob

deflatermau5 on
  • Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Yeah me too dude. I definitely would've not missed out on this event if it was posted here on this thread like i thought it was suppose to be. I thought all the parties were suppose to be posted on here. I'm really sad i missed out on this event being a huge MGS/KONAMI fanboy. :'( sob sob
    adias.angel is a lovely person who TRIED to compile a list of every party out there. It's not her fault that the god of party (Andrew W.K), kept one secret from her.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    Yeah me too dude. I definitely would've not missed out on this event if it was posted here on this thread like i thought it was suppose to be. I thought all the parties were suppose to be posted on here. I'm really sad i missed out on this event being a huge MGS/KONAMI fanboy. :'( sob sob

Sorry about that. I tried to keep it up to date but once we flew out on Thursday morning I didn't have access to keep it updated anymore. :(
    adias.angel is a lovely person who TRIED to compile a list of every party out there. It's not her fault that the god of party (Andrew W.K), kept one secret from her.

<3 Thank you. *blush*

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
This discussion has been closed.