As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Persona 4 Arena] ArcSys X Atlus - Still no PAL date :(

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I notice it on Soul Calibur V as well.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I'm torn. Skullgirls burned me because no matter how more popular fighters are on PS3, Xbox live is more popular for all online gaming as a whole, and I have nobody to play with locally so good online play is important to me.

What was wrong with the online for Skullgirls on PS3?

I do remember SC5's PS3 online getting progressively worse.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    EVOL wrote: »
    I'm torn. Skullgirls burned me because no matter how more popular fighters are on PS3, Xbox live is more popular for all online gaming as a whole, and I have nobody to play with locally so good online play is important to me.

What was wrong with the online for Skullgirls on PS3?

I do remember SC5's PS3 online getting progressively worse.

I'll try to go in chronological order. I never really bought into the idea that Ps3 was the "fighting game console." I purchased Skullgirls for both consoles to compare, and found that despite all the performance issues on 360, more people simply play on 360. Then my brother got a Ps3 because he's a very nineties kind of gamer (fighting games and JRPGS) so I got Soul Calibur V for Ps3 despite already owning it on 360 so I could play with him. (And I don't normally buy things for both consoles.)

SCV on PSN was empty. So despite all the online talk, SRK talk, FGC talk, I don't care. If I want to play something online period, it doesn't matter the genre. I have to go with 360.

Daisuke, oh Daisuke. Y u no make thrash metal no more?

Cantido on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well, if we use BB as a comparison I would say that PSN was healthier than 360 was in terms on online.

Not to say you couldn't still get games on the 360 but usually you only got a really high volume of people on the weekends.

Either way I'm getting the game for 360 mainly because that's my only console and my brother is already getting the PS3 version.

• Options
    WeisskaiserWeisskaiser TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Just noticed the clear rates for the score attack achievements. (PS3 version FYI)
    Halfway There
    You completed Stage 6 in Score Attack.
    Ultra Rare 1% achieve rate

Tres Bien!
    You completed Score Attack Mode with one character.
    Ultra Rare 0% achieve rate

C'est Magnifique!
    You completed Score Attack Mode with all characters.
    Ultra Rare 0% achieve rate

I can only get up to stage 3 myself but still. Wow.

Weisskaiser on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    How's that determined? Pretty neat, wonder if PS3 has an equivalent.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Apparently Fukka has a new voice actor in Arena: Wendee Lee (man, I totally forgot she's in her 50s).

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I wonder if Score Attack is going to be as cheap as it was in BB.

Between Boss Hakumen, Boss Hazama and Boss Ragna...

Goodness.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Goodness.

Stage 3's Yukiko has permanent level 8 booster (deals 200% damage) and guard kill (attacks are unblockable).

Weisskaiser on
  • Options
    SNK must be proud.

• Options
    Preordered for 360. I need LIVE, need it.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    There's rumors that some Kmarts broke street date(unsurprising), but I sure can't find any with P4A in SoFla.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm done trying to chase broken street dates. They never happen around where I am and if its a little shop that does it most people are tight-lipped about it.

Just wait the 3 days until its out.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'm not really into fighting games, but I freaking adored Persona 4. Worth renting for the story?

People are universally saying the story is great, so yeah.

If it's like BB, playing for the story shouldn't be too difficult.

Also sharing this.

elizjam.jpg

Obligatory response!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li8ZqVGzDXQ

And with that I take my leave of this thread because I own neither a PS3 or 360. Might watch some Youtube videos for the story, but that's it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Goodness.

Stage 3's Yukiko has permanent level 8 booster (deals 200% damage) and guard kill (attacks are unblockable).

I never, ever managed to get past Unlimited Hakumen. Even when I tried AI abuse.

And now it sounds like they made it even more retarded.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Trying to play room matches with randoms is a nightmare atm. 98%(bullshit number you get the idea) of the rooms are private.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    "Persona4Arena? What the fuck is a Persona 4? Oh P4A is made by ArcSys!? SIGN ME UP!"

My general train of thought regarding the op. Now to figure out which console to get this for (probably 360).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Polaritie wrote: »

Goodness.

I never, ever managed to get past Unlimited Hakumen. Even when I tried AI abuse.

And now it sounds like they made it even more retarded.

Elizabeth does more damage, regenerates HP faster, is immune to status effects, and her instant kill attacks activate immediately.

Also she has almost three times her usual health (20000) and her diarahan heals her fully.

I'll just leave this here.
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17436802

Weisskaiser on
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    "Persona4Arena? What the fuck is a Persona 4? Oh P4A is made by ArcSys!? SIGN ME UP!"

My general train of thought regarding the op. Now to figure out which console to get this for (probably 360).

I'm pretty sure Persona is about a video tape that kills you when you watch it.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

A TV show that kills the people who appear on it, actually.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Birdemic?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Persona 4 is one of the best JRPGs ever. You should play it.

Or watch the Giant Bomb guys play it.

• Options
    Persona 4 is one of the best JRPGs ever. You should play it.

Or watch the Giant Bomb guys play it.
    I don't care for JRPGs so I'll pass.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    No wonder you don't like the PSP library.

• Options
    As a Persona 4 fan I've been having a blast with the game without touching any of the story stuff.

This game is gud.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    No wonder you don't like the PSP library.
    Pata pata pata pon! Pata pata pata pon!

My dislike for JRPGs did significantly reduce my ability to get a lot of mileage out of my PSP. Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness is super legit though, but it's not really a JRPG.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    i'm worried that i won't be able to pick up this game when i go in to town on tuesday, because this monday is a holiday where I live (winnipeg) and sometimes that sets video game shipping behind a day.
    and i'm at work during all of the store hours today so i can't even find out!!

i left a couple twitter messages, maybe those will get responses lol

edit: okay they do have it for tuesday hooray!

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    All I know about Persona is from hiimdaisy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aAPQmE_Is&feature=colike

I'm not sure I'd have it any other way. It reads like TWEWY on (more) drugs. It's a shame the author gave up :(

Cantido on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    it's arcsys

it's not blazblue, it's just by the blazblue people

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    i was pretty excited even though i've never finished any of the Persona games but that video has made me a little wary.

If she had a dash it'd be v-13 or lambda or. . .yeah.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i was pretty excited even though i've never finished any of the Persona games but that video has made me a little wary.

nah she's not like nu at all

elizabeth is also the most legitimately difficult character in the game to play

• Options
    edited August 2012

What? She has low health and her longer combos have silly timing windows but she's powerful enough to make up for it. Long reach, high firepower (which can be boosted by fear from Thanatos' grab and howl), retarded mahajiodain, unblockable air mahabufudain, maharagidain for bringing in those annoying people who want to play keep away, and if they do get in close and you don't want them to there's mahagarudain and shuffle time. Plus since her attacks revolve around Thanatos most of the time if you burst out of a combo it just hits him and not her. Even beginners can do pretty well with her.

Plus she can heal (which is particularly useful in this game because when your life is in the red zone you take reduced damage; If you get there once and then heal back up you still take reduced damage) and when low on life has a komanage special which does awesome damage if your opponent is in fear, plus since it's Thanatos doing the throwing you don't even need to get close.

Weisskaiser on
  • Options
    Meh. She doesn't look anywhere as bad as Nu was.

But nothing is really. And Lambda was perfectly fine.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

What? She has low health and her longer combos have silly timing windows but she's powerful enough to make up for it. Long reach, high firepower (which can be boosted by fear from Thanatos' grab and howl), retarded mahajiodain, unblockable air mahabufudain, maharagidain for bringing in those annoying people who want to play keep away, and if they do get in close and you don't want them to there's mahagarudain and shuffle time. Plus since her attacks revolve around Thanatos most of the time if you burst out of a combo it just hits him and not her. Even beginners can do pretty well with her.

Plus she can heal (which is particularly useful in this game because when your life is in the red zone you take reduced damage; If you get there once and then heal back up you still take reduced damage) and when low on life has a komanage special which does awesome damage if your opponent is in fear, plus since it's Thanatos doing the throwing you don't even need to get close.

oh god stop it you're killing me

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

no

there are no good zoners in p4a, and there aren't any left in blazblue either

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    yukiko is the closest thing to a zoner that p4a has, and even then she's nowhere near as zone-heavy as nu was

half her schtick is unblockable agi corner setups

• Options
    I don't even know what zoning means.

I am basically getting this for the story mode and then it'll probably get shelved because I never end up having fun playing fighting games online because I have no interest in devoting a bunch of time and effort to learning all the intimidating fighting game stuff.

• Options
    I don't even know what zoning means.

I am basically getting this for the story mode and then it'll probably get shelved because I never end up having fun playing fighting games online because I have no interest in devoting a bunch of time and effort to learning all the intimidating fighting game stuff.

Aww come on, that's the fun part. As long as you don't mind getting your ass kicked pretty hard it gets really fun when you get decent.

• Options
    besides this game is supposed to be easy as fighters go, in terms of its systems' complexity and execution requirements

guilty gear this ain't