As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] of Olympic Tat

1939495969799»

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I just realized the Matrix doesn't make sense, that energy has to come from somewhere, somewhere where it would be easier and more efficient to harvest than from dang humans

I feel like the robits just kept the humans on there out of spite.

Now who's building toyotas all day motherfucker

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    the original idea was to use humans for their brains

use them as processors

this was changed because you couldn't show that as deliciously simple as morpheus holding a 9-volt

Man what a dumb reason to change that.

They were also afraid people wouldn't understand it at all.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrghlebargleaaaaargh

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Also why East Coast is the Best Coast: if I drive 3 hours south of where I live, I can pass through 3 states

NBD

Just cruising through Delaware

nothin' here but outlet stores and company HQs and Amtrak

Blargh.

18 hours of driving, 4 completely different landscapes, 30 degree temperature difference, and I'm still in glorious Texas.

(actually the idea that both situations are possible makes me go USA USA USA because they're both pretty cool)

spool32 on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I just realized the Matrix doesn't make sense, that energy has to come from somewhere, somewhere where it would be easier and more efficient to harvest than from dang humans

It's a something that's revealed in the animatrix back story that the reason they used human being power plants isn't because they were efficient or the only option but because the machines were too benevolent to kill the entire human race. So they just threw them in a fake reality attached to a power plant to keep them occupied and not genociding the machines.

That doesn't make much sense all the machines we meet in the films are either completely vicious or utterly dispassionate.

we see only the one set of machines trying to take down their ship which I think follows from that premise.

as does Smith and the other agents. they are trying to keep rogue humans/whatevers from breaking down the system.

Smith even mentions that at first they tried to make the Matrix a paradise but the human's rejected it or some shit

But Smith loathes humanity and his cohorts seem to have no opinion of it save a willingness to kill people without hesitation so this whole idea of "They just wanted to save humanity" sounds like a crack hallucination.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Mazzyx, make the new chat!

@matt has a problem is backup

This discussion has been closed.