As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tam and Friends [DOODLE] Hour [NSFW]

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Mynt wrote: »
    Some concept sketches of a character known as The Witch of the Weeds from the next short story I’m working on.

olZveli.jpg

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    My grandmother gets the chickadee on the previous page and my mother gets this squirrel for Mother's Day:

Pen and ink:
    squirrel1.jpg

With watercolors:
    squirrel2.jpg

I picked up some frames for them at IKEA. You can also see my ridiculous pencil sharpener graveyard in the upper right:
    frames.jpg

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    This page is outrageous.

*was meant for the last page, but this page has a great start too.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    Oh, hello. I have some doodles for y'all.

550009_586549708358_1292242996_n.jpg
    550085_590171769718_376585349_n.jpg
    524731_591345806938_1811474207_n.jpg
    400612_592554479748_692226517_n.jpg

Please excuse the poor photo quality. I lack a scanner.

• Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Holy shit dmac can I buy one of those?

Guess.not :( those are good presents thogh

ninjai on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    They're kind of fun to do. The watercolor takes some getting used to. It's sort of stressful finishing a pen and ink piece that you're happy with and then going. "Well, I hope I don't totally destroy this..."

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    DMAC those are amazing gifts. Your family should be thrilled.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    franciumfrancium Registered User regular
    DMAC, that ink and watercolor mix is my goal in life. They look wonderful!

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    toned sketchezzz
    XK9aw1H.jpg
    @Buckwolfe
    That is so fucking Freudian.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Yarr, @DMAC -- those are excellent and a fun deviation from the kind of thing you usually do. I bet your mom/grandma are thrilled with those.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    Did my first graffiti for 2013 today!

tumblr_mmovo9qq0a1r2uyffo1_500.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2013
    2wrqalx.jpg

p4sg5.jpg

Tam on
  • Options
    @no_toast did you stencil that or free hand it with directional tips?
    Can you link some list of supplies i would need to start off with?

• Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    francium wrote: »
    @no_toast did you stencil that or free hand it with directional tips?
    Can you link some list of supplies i would need to start off with?

I didn't use any stencils but I normally use about 3 different kind of tips when I paint. At the moment I use mostly Montana paints that come with a pretty decent standard tips that you can so even some detailing with but they're not really good when you have to fill big areas so you should buy some pink fat caps to do those. Some disposable gloves are also good to remember otherwise you'll be scrubbing paint of your fingers for a while. And if you'll be doing a lot of painting getting a proper respirator is a good thing to have. That's really all you need really. Maybe @earthwormadam might have some tricks to add?

• Options
    Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    Reposting here since my thread doesn't get much attention, and I could really use the help.

red_riding_hood_zps4c6e32c9.jpg

One of my finals, a two page spread for Little Red Riding Hood done in watercolor. The silhouette on the left is bugging me, it just seems too flat, but I don't like the idea of adding more texture or effects. More of the tendrilly swirlygig things would make it too similar to the other silhouette and the background, something else like alcohol or salt would make it clash and give too much attention.

Accompanying text:
    The wolf ran off and arrived first at the house. He killed the grandmother, poured her blood into a bottle and sliced her flesh onto a plate. Then he got into her nightclothes and waited in the bed.

There was something important here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    it is worth noting that Mr. Chico-I'm-so-damn-great-Blue totally swiped my ball and ran away with it
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Tam, I, accidentally, sort of maybe spent an hour or so noodling on your dude.
    tamallama.jpg

• Options
    sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_mmpof6Z7z71sqi6u0o1_r1_500.jpg

Had a go at turning an idea in to a comic. I kind of know there's something up with it I just can't put my finger on it.

Also here's some life drawing from last week

tumblr_mmhe3mPaaL1qbiru9o1_500.jpg

sharky t on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Diggin the output on this page.

Looks SHARP NoToast, really nice variation in thickness. I bought some Montana paint and tips recently, but I've yet to use them. I don't know how graff people support their habits, them shits is expensive.

• Options
    ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    More on this carnage painting I started way back.

carnage4-1_zps47539828.jpg

• Options
    jwaddjwadd Registered User regular
    carnage was a symbiote version of venom.... right?

• Options
    HalenHalen Registered User regular
    @nineteen hundred, the shapes are actually nicely amorphous and confusing at the moment. Thee only way I can think for you to make the small wolf in bed more noticeable is just make it a darker tone overall.

Draw an egg.
  • Options
    To add to what Helen was saying, you could also keep pushing the details and textures around the flat silhouette to make the small wolf appear more forward in terms of deapth

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Love that sharky.

• Options
    IkQJuWAl.jpg
    trying to decide if i like MS5 or PS5 better

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes you just have to stop everything and do something incredibly stupid:

tumblr_mmss6k7TFd1rqnao4o1_500.jpg

brokecracker on
  • Options
    ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    @jwadd : According to wikipedia, Carnage (Cletus Kasady) is a fictional comic book supervillain appearing in books published by Marvel Comics, usually as an enemy of Spider-Man. The character first appeared as Cletus Kasady in The Amazing Spider-Man #344 (March 1991) and as Carnage in The Amazing Spider-Man #360,[1] and was created by writer David Michelinie and artist Mark Bagley, based on elements of the precursor character Venom.

So yea. He is another symbiote, just like venom, but infected Cletus instead of Eddie Brock.

• Options
    and bonded so well with that maniac that they called themselves "I" instead of "We"

• Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    Sometimes I take pictures of shit I drew with a shitty cell-phone camera. Most of these are from my little 5 x 3 inch Moleskine thing.

These are too big for their quality but I am lazy and won't resize it.

20130514d.jpg
    20130514e.jpg
    20130514a.jpg
    20130514b.jpg
    20130514c.jpg
    20130514f.jpg

Grad school is death.
    Not drawing is death.

• Options
    beckerskullsbeckerskulls Registered User regular
    Been trying to doodle more. Some of the results:
    ed3f42f7929209399550b93a75a551e8.jpgd1c40b4cad5464cb070bf0d31673486a.jpg
    4816652d2e3e660fb38080c8e5c74f11.jpg7a5bc829e0d655b0394af8abbd923b89.jpg9cfa84273a7db3fc96cc5a668a6bc37e.jpg003dbda27f667026e0260e6459b61b5b.jpg

• Options
    ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    this page rawks!

• Options
    Obilex wrote: »
    @jwadd : According to wikipedia, Carnage (Cletus Kasady) is a fictional comic book supervillain appearing in books published by Marvel Comics, usually as an enemy of Spider-Man. The character first appeared as Cletus Kasady in The Amazing Spider-Man #344 (March 1991) and as Carnage in The Amazing Spider-Man #360,[1] and was created by writer David Michelinie and artist Mark Bagley, based on elements of the precursor character Venom.

So yea. He is another symbiote, just like venom, but infected Cletus instead of Eddie Brock.

thanks for clearing this up. in the N64 spiderman game they give some bogus backstory thats voiced by stan lee in order to explain it. All I remember is the button combo for sneaking behind carnage and punching him in the head.

• Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    would-be-hero.jpg

This here's my first character sketch in the last few weeks. Tried for a "would-be-hero" type.

• Options
    HalenHalen Registered User regular
    Anthrax! please and beckerskulls, I love both your work in different ways! @beckerskulls, it reminds me a lot of Pixar.

Draw an egg.
  • Options
    I might ditch photoshop as my main drawing tool soon. After using Manga Studio and it being a lighter weight program with roughly the same drawing functionality... i just sort of sat flabbergasted. Then I tried Paint Tool Sai and holy fucking shit. I didnt know you could have something that was boiled down to the fundamentals of brushes, layers, opacity, DPI THE END. a pure drawing program. that I didn't know about. That runs lightweight on systems.

I didnt think this warranted a post but I'm very taken aback
    gWgGwLrl.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Regardless of which program you're using, I'd like to see you do some serious practice on your lines and flow. Very hesitant and chicken scratchy in everything I've seen you post - might even be worth putting down the stylus and doing some work with a brush, to improve your confidence and placement.

there's a video tutorial floating around somewhere which is basically just about lines - I think @Flay posted it a while back? The guy with the blackboard ...

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    My last pieces of the year came out of the kiln today! Expect a big ceramics dump post soon.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Cross posting here, becuase it was fun to make. I've been using my copics at work and I'm trying to figure out when to use what pens...

from Strip Search. Words were rollerskates and dinosaurs:

BKUb74hCEAAyweE.jpg:large

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    EsiotrotEsiotrot Registered User regular
    poster for some bar

advertSMALL.png