As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]-Game of Secrets- Game over! Mafia Victory!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    OOoooOooOooOOoOOoO

thank you for granting me the sweet kiss of death

you're the best, mafia

OOooOooOOooOooOooO

• M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i can kinda see trv being worthless as making him evil, cause normally he's not worthless

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    M.D. wrote: »
    i can kinda see trv being worthless as making him evil, cause normally he's not worthless

I beg to differ, sir.
    If I end up dying today, I wovld look at all the people who are jvmping on a bandwagon on me this morning.
    I don't see how I'm doing anything ovt of the ordinary aside from swapping a letter out.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    TheRoadVirus for suggesting that there are posts missing when we can view all the posts that are important.
    Yov do know that the original thread was vp for a little while, and then crashed again, do yov not? There are some posts that are lost, if not extremely delayed in their appearing. They are most likely not grovndbreaking by any means, bvt there covld be some information in them that is helpful.

Lucedes wrote: »
    OOoooOooOooOOoOOoO

thank you for granting me the sweet kiss of death

you're the best, mafia

OOooOooOOooOooOooO
    Yovr will being stolen sovnds different than the mafia kills to this point. I wovld more likely blame an inaccurate vig.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I could get on board a stever vote. He tends to just vote the same people all the time without changing targets til they're dead, offering no reasons nor otherwise contributing much to discussion. And his targets seem to carry over from game to game lol.

On the other hand, he makes me laugh. But that hardly seems reason to not vote him!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    I think the village is going to lose this somehow. Might be time to panic.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    warban wrote: »
    I think the village is going to lose this somehow. Might be time to panic.
    Nobody panics vntil I say so! Everyone flail their limbs in a windmill manner and head towards the person yov svspect most.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Two pretty early wagons moving here...I don't have the time this morning for true analysis.

T_A for being alive this late in a game?

Sorry, I don't want to jump on a wagon at this time and I honestly don't know if I'll be much help today. A bit nerve wracked over some stuff. I'll try to come back later after some analysis is done and make a more reasonable vote but I don't want to be inactive.

2 votes each do not make wagons :P

Do we have an updated player list kicking around? NOBODY seems terribly active anymore.

Steam
    Also who has secrets they're still hanging on to? Best to get that info to kime so something can be planned.

Steam
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    If you haven't already given me your secret info, you fail so hard. Reminding me about it daily is also not a bad plan :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »

Do we have an updated player list kicking around? NOBODY seems terribly active anymore.
    It feels like the game is starting to drag a bit. That's probably why we aren't seeing a whole lot of activity at this stage of the game.

That, and I guess nobody is really bothering to examine voting records because of how far into this we are.

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    I think we should up the lynch to two two instead of one.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!

It feels like the game is starting to drag a bit. That's probably why we aren't seeing a whole lot of activity at this stage of the game.

That, and I guess nobody is really bothering to examine voting records because of how far into this we are.

The thread fail this weekend didn't do mvch to promote activity.
    Hopefvlly things can pick vp some more now that we have a working alternative.
    Also, I cant remember if I was svspiciovs of cayrvs or cythravl. They're both the same person in my head for some reason.
    @Cayrus @Cythraul which one of you am I svspiciovs of?

warban wrote: »
    I think we should up the lynch to two two instead of one.

Said the mafia dog

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Okay yeah, I don't really know. tzeench I guess?

Yeah, weekends are always bad for Phalla (personally), plus the thread dying (literally) really hurt things.

But we're back now!

An updated player list would be swell

Steam profile
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Updated player list is in P1 of this new thread.

I totally knew that, I was just testing you.

Steam profile
    oh hey, there we go

Steam
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yov do know that the original thread was vp for a little while, and then crashed again, do yov not? There are some posts that are lost, if not extremely delayed in their appearing. They are most likely not grovndbreaking by any means, bvt there covld be some information in them that is helpful.

No, those posts don't exist. They have not influenced the game in any way, nor can they. Unless you're trying to suggest that someone made a dramatic, epic reveal of all the mafia members in them but then decided "Oh but this second thread that has actual visible posts should NOT received this information" what could possibly exist in that other thread?

Attempting to slow down our thought process or plod around waiting for the other thread to come back is insane. Guess what? Every post that the host can see, so can we. If the host doesn't see a post? It doesn't exist, it never existed, and it's meaningless. This isn't the first time that forum issues have thrust into a phalla and hidden posts.

All I see is you advocating that we stare at grass hoping that it will grow before the mafia kill us.

liEt3nH.png

No, those posts don't exist. They have not influenced the game in any way, nor can they. Unless you're trying to suggest that someone made a dramatic, epic reveal of all the mafia members in them but then decided "Oh but this second thread that has actual visible posts should NOT received this information" what could possibly exist in that other thread?

Attempting to slow down our thought process or plod around waiting for the other thread to come back is insane. Guess what? Every post that the host can see, so can we. If the host doesn't see a post? It doesn't exist, it never existed, and it's meaningless. This isn't the first time that forum issues have thrust into a phalla and hidden posts.

All I see is you advocating that we stare at grass hoping that it will grow before the mafia kill us.

There is nothing wrong with staring at grass. It is pretty sometimes.
    Today is going to be a bit of a wash, with the missing posts and general disarray. Vnless someone wants to take the time to comb through all that mess.
    I say we shovld keep targeting the people skirting inactivity.

It was the weekend. People don't post much. It was also thread fvckery day. People didn't post much. There seemed to be little commvnication occvring. I didn't have the time yesterday and I don't yet today to sift through and look for anything aside from glaring issves that scream mafia. I've never been one to do a lot of vote analysis, and the stvff I did do in the past wasn't very good, and nobody vsed it. If yov(general sense, not yov in particular) can tell me how exactly I am different than I normally am, then I'm all ears.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    It's always true: The longer a main game goes on, the more I become convinced that everybody in the game other than me is a mafia member.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    That wovld be a fun setvp. Mafia doesn't win vntil EVERY villager is dead. So there's a last day where the one remaining villager is like "Hey gvys, i think this dvde is bad." And they'll be all "yov have no idea"

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Oh, and Tzeentchling because for the love of god how are you not dead yet?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    That wovld be a fun setvp. Mafia doesn't win vntil EVERY villager is dead. So there's a last day where the one remaining villager is like "Hey gvys, i think this dvde is bad." And they'll be all "yov have no idea"

Technically, that's how most games are. It's just, once you reach the point where the mafia are >50% of the player base, it typically becomes a little bit pointless to keep going. A waste of everyone's time.

Steam profile
    I don't think I've ever been alive long enovgh in a game that got to that point. And while reading the thread is fvn, it loses a lot of its appeal when yov're dead.

I don't think I've ever been alive long enovgh in a game that got to that point. And while reading the thread is fvn, it loses a lot of its appeal when yov're dead.

What point? I mean, what I'm trying to say is that once the mafia are the majority of the population, the game is called, since by that point it is an inevitable mafia victory. So while most games could go to that "funny" point where there is only one village left and like 4 mafia, it's actually the worst way of running the game.

I'm not sure if we are discussing the same thing. Rawr rawr rawr.

Steam profile
    Ok. I meant that same point, bvt if a game wasn't called off becavse of it.
    Also yov are the worst way of running a game. Boom.

Your face is the worst way of running a game!

I may have an announcement in a bit. But don't get too excited, it's not actually all that awesome.

More like "you guys fail"

:P

Steam profile
    edited August 2012
    kime wrote: »
    Your face is the worst way of running a game!

I may have an announcement in a bit. But don't get too excited, it's not actually all that awesome.

More like "you guys fail"

:P

Know what's bad gameplay? Not taking yovr zombie tvrn. FOR LIKE A WEEK

Erin The Red on
    Stepping out, but before I do want to note that the v_w wagon tried to get started like two days in a row. Worth looking at the people who were willing to vote for him but wanted someone else to set it up and legitimize it first.

liEt3nH.png
    Fine.

@The Ender
    @The Anonymous
    @Zandracon

Those people have not contacted me. While I of course am sure that there are many of the remaining mafia among those that have contacted me, we don't really have a choice at this point. There have been multiple public seerings, many many days of opportunities to just say "hi" or whatnot. In a normal game, it wouldn't be as much of a big deal (although still not advisable).... but in this game, every villager has a one-shot ability that can be nullified if there's no coordination.

I don't see a good reason for them to have not done that by this point.

I'll go with Zandracon, but everything I know about these players is public information, so you guys discuss and choose the best target.

Steam profile
    Yeah, Ender has been skirting inactivity, and not even contacting the confirmed net head? No sir.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    huff puff huff puff

I'm back. Sorry to basically go inactive, but I went camping and for some reason forests don't have wifi. I'm totally lost right now, so I guess Tzeen has some votes on him?

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Let's just tie it on them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    T_A

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Okay now I'm actually stepping out but it seemed like people made an effort not to vote for Zandracon the last time it came up.

liEt3nH.png
    edited August 2012
    Is a tie something we want to do?

Edit 1: I ask because every time someone tries to tie stvff, they get killed by the village. Seems like an odd tactic to employ now

Edit 2: I like insane ideas, though. If you guys wanna pull a Crazy Ivan, I'm all for it.

Erin The Red on
    I tried a Zand vote for 2 days! :|

Steam