Launching With the Xbox One on November 22nd!
- Working headlights (including daytime running LEDs).
- The game will make use of the Xbox One's 'Impulse Triggers' - providing different vibrations and feedback to go with engine roar or tire damage.
- There will be no night cycle, and no weather effects (except for mild fog/mist).
- Variable track friction depending on track position i.e on/off the racing line, or on the marbles. Possibly "rubbering" in of the track.
- Cars are now 'paint-able' in a variety of different materials from 24kt-Gold to Carbon fiber. There won't be any rust.
- The game will feature Drivatars, that will mimic your driving style and that of your friends, and also use liveries from your favorite artists.
- The auction house and storefront are no more, however designs will be available to download for free, and the creator will be paid each time the car is used with the livery on it, and there will also be a way to transfer funds between players.
- Cars will show wear such as blueing on chrome tailpipes, discoloration etc.
- Each car will have a customized career.
Updated and Returning Features:
- A new version of Autovista - called Forzavista - will be included, again bringing detailed interiors, opening doors and functioning features (i.e. active aero).
- Tire wear (now visible).
- There will be at least two road surfaces - tarmac and brick.
- There will be tire smoke, sparks and debris. Also the dirt on cars will show up these specks of debris & dirt. The paint on the cars will be more realistic as minute imperfections will also be simulated.
- Cars will have backfire.
- There will be active aero.
- New damage models.
- Tuning, upgrading, the PI index and classes & the livery editor will all still be present.
- There will be DLC, including day one DLC and free DLC.
- To quote the Microsoft store: "Dynamic damage, High-resolution damage modeling shows every dent and scrape, and roads and tracks accumulate tire rubber and debris. Racing has consequences; a damaged car or road can stop you in your tracks."
- Online multiplayer will be capable of handling 24 players at once.
- The game will run at 60fps and full HD 1080p.
- Cars are now made from around 1300 unique materials, compared to up to 60 for FM4 cars. Plus it's been said that they haven't hit the limit.
- All existing car assets (i.e. 3D models, sounds etc) have been ditched, and the new game's car assets will be all new.
- The game will NOT require a one-time internet connection when a player first plays the game, however to complete the career mode the game will need the internet at some point. This is in order to download required content that couldn't be included before Microsoft's checks, and to download the latest drivatars.
- There will be DLC.
- Online multiplayer will use Smart Match™ matchmaking and Xbox Live dedicated servers.
- HeliosT10 has outlined FM5's Kinect capabilities in the following quote: "Forza Motorsport 5 will support Kinect through the use of head-tracking, voice hyperlinking for menu navigation, and all the unique platform features (profile-based facial recognition, etc.). That said, those that choose to unplug the sensor will still be able to fully play and enjoy Forza Motorsport 5.
- The tech and game/physics engine behind FM5 would be too powerful for current-gen consoles.
2001 Acura Integra Type-R
2008 Aston Martin DBS
1983 Audi Sport Quattro
2006 Audi RS 4
2011 BMW X5 M
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
1987 Buick Regal GNX
1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
2007 Ford Shelby GT500
1997 Honda Civic Type R
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG
1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR
2010 Nissan 370Z
2010 Renault Megane RS 250
1998 Subaru Impreza 22B STi
2010 Volkswagen Golf R
2011 Ferrari 599 GTO
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
2009 Zonda Cinque Roadster
2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2013 Ford Focus ST
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
2012 Scion TC
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8
2011 Kia Cee'd
2005 TVR Sagaris
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo
2009 Ferrari California
2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
1994 Mazda MX-5 Miata
2010 Maserati GranTurismo S
2003 Toyota Celica SS-I
1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe
1971 AMC Javelin-AMX
1976 McLaren M23
1976 Ferrari 312-2
2013 Dallara #9 Target Ganassi Dallara DW12
2013 Dallara #15 Target Rahal Letterman Dallara DW12
2012 Dallara #28 Andretti Autosport DW12
2013 Dallara #12 Team Penske Dallara
2012 #1 Audi Team Joest R-18 e-tron quattro
2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
2013 McLaren P1™
1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing Coupe
2012 Pagani Huayra
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
2013 Ford Focus ST
2011 McLaren MP4-12C
2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
2013 Ford Mustang GT500
2013 SRT Viper GTS
1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird
1991 Mazda #55 787B
2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor
2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
(More on the Forza Forums
- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- Mount Panaroma Circuit (Bathurst)
- Bernese Alps
(Much of this information has been collected/quoted from Quantum Drifter on the Forza Forums
, all thanks go to him for making this easier)
[PA] Arcadians Club Race Nights: Every Tuesday and Thursday at 9PM EST
SBC '13 Season 4
See the link for all the cars, tracks and rules!
3lwap0 - 00
Serious Business Cup!
Kestrel1 - 01
Steve Kinsen - 3
ArcticLancer - 04
Leevity - 7
Megapuriobi - 8
Yorker - 09
IronSquirrel - 11
Krylon - 13
The Deliverator - 16
TurgidWilly - 18
KDRjaggy - 20
Nova_C - 21
basticle - 23
SkyTurnsRed - 24
MayGodHaveMercy - 26
Eclibull - 27
Blakout - 32
VeeVee Von Vore - 33
0Replace4Displace - 37
Joolander - 38
TPSou - 41
Adeptpenguin - 42
Gridlnkd - 43
Cathadal - 44
The Listener - 47
TRICorp - 5O
Triple B - 51
xzzy - 53
MisterMiles1984 - 55
Sinjis - 57
Bear is Driving - 66
sym007 - 67
musanman08 - 69
::brainproxy - 77
SiliconStew - 78
OldManKen - 80
Blitzace1981 - 81
Rheologist - 84
AcidLacedPenguin - 86
GentlemanGiant - 88
FenderBender - 94
VedicIntent - 255
Cowboyjoe - 12
Communist Cow - 74
(All thanks to Basticular for all his work on running SBC)
Videos of Stupidity Excellence Rubbish Ambition!
(OP shamelessly stolen from Basticle in a bloodless coup
Eurogamer Review: 9/10
This is action racing
• Visceral, moment to moment gameplay with Forza authenticity, attention to detail and quality.
• Smash through fences and picnic tables or drift through civilian traffic at high speeds to gain fame.
• Race against planes and helicopters in showcase challenges.
• Race at night with full 24hr light cycle for the first time in the Forza franchise.
Freedom of the open road
• Race on some of the best driving roads in the world including pavement and dirt.
• Explore reimagined Colorado with broad environmental diversity – red rocks, aspen reservoir, and small towns.
• Discover hidden challenges and collectables like barn finds.
Competition meets culture
• Set in an automotive music festival, find multiple radio stations curated by Rob da Bank (BBC One DJ and festival promoter).
• Online playground games like “cat&mouse” or “tag”, never made more sense.
• Rivalries and leaderboards baked into the world.
Xbox LIVE Support:
• Season Pass
• Add-on Packs
• 2-8 player multiplayer
• Rivals Modes and Events
First 12 Minutes of Horizon: (courtesy of SMTMedia)