As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twilight Imperium] Game 5 - Round 8: Game Over!

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    No Sabotage.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 8 - Battle at Abaddon-Ashtroth-Loki

L1z1x Action Card "Target Their Flagship" 1d10 = {9 > 5}, hit. Naalu Cruiser destroyed.

Naalu has 1 Cruiser, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, and 3 Fighters (plus the High Alert Token).
    L1z1x has 2 Dreadnoughts, 2 Cruisers, 1 Carrier, and 2 Fighters.

Round 1: Naalu Cruiser 1d10+2 = {9 > 7}, Destroyer 1d10+2 = {11 > 9}, Carrier 1d10+1 = {8 < 9}, Fighters 3#1d10+2 = {5, 8 < 9; 10 > 9}, 3 hits. L1z1x destroys 2 Fighters and damages 1 Cruiser.
    L1z1x Dreadnought 1d10+1 = {6 > 5}, Cruisers 2#1d10+1 = {2 < 7; 9 > 7}, Carrier 1d10 = {6 < 9}, Fighters 2#1d10+1 = {8 < 9; 10 > 9}, 3 hits. Naalu, what units will take the hits?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Destroyer & 2 Fighters.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Fight to the Death (of the snake people)!!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Round 8 - Battle at Abaddon-Ashtroth-Loki

Naalu removes 1 Destroyer and 2 Fighters.

Round 2: Naalu Cruiser 1d10+2 = {3 < 7}, Carrier 1d10+1 = {9 = 9}, Fighter 1d10+2 = {11 > 9}, 2 hits. L1z1x damages 1 Cruiser and 1 Dreadnought.
    L1z1x Dreadnoughts 2#1d10+1 = {9, 11 > 5}, Cruisers 2#1d10+1 = {8 > 7, 3 < 7}, Carrier 1d10 = {10 > 9}, 4 hits. Naalu removes 1 Cruiser, 1 Carrier, and 1 Fighter.

Combat resolves in favor of L1z1x, and it it now Creuss' turn to act.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Play Assembly
    If anyone has any fantastic laws that help them(me) win let me know.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    We spit on your organic laws!

But we'll vote on them anyway.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    After card draws, Creuss has eight Action Cards in hand; they must discard one to comply with hand limits.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Too many action cards. That's rough.

• Options
    Holy crap - the Space Ghosts are multiplying!

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    *insert Yes, Yes meme*

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    We name Muaat as the speaker and play the following law.

Corrupt Empire (LAW)
    Elect Player: Give this card to the elected player. When another player attacks the elected player, the attacking player receives 1 victory point then discards this card.

Just remember when voting, who has invaded your planets previously and who has been a benevolent gas cloud. You should also vote for Jol-Nar.

Discard Rule by Terror due to hand size limits.
    If you have a War Sun or 2 Dreadnoughts present, then your opponent must either immediately retreat (if able) or immediately take 2 casualties.
    Play: Immediately before a Space Battle in which you are participating.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    You should also vote for Jol-Nar.

Eh what? By our calculations we're mathematically eliminated.

• Options
    Interesting!

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    The "winner" of the vote doesn't get the VP, the 1st person to attack the "winner" gets the VP.

Muaat is out of CP, so they can't attack you and L1x1z is out of range. Just a thought at least, will make these last couple turns at least a little more exciting.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Vote Muaat of course.

• Options
    What exactly qualifies as "attacking" another player? Would it count if you pounced on a world they controlled but left unguarded? Or do you have to actually fight some of their units?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    I wondered that as well, my thought was that dice had to be rolled to qualify as an attack but invading an unguarded world might suffice. Keeping track of how you can interact with systems that either don't have fleets or don't have fleets or infantry are one thing that annoy me about this game.

For example previously I wasn't able to use Minister of Peace against Muaat because Yin didn't have any ships but did have a GF, which qualified them for an objective. Now this probably counts as an attack as well, but I can't use a political card that seems designed to prevent an attack. Just wish it was more consistent/binary.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Vote Jol-Nar

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    I wondered that as well, my thought was that dice had to be rolled to qualify as an attack but invading an unguarded world might suffice. Keeping track of how you can interact with systems that either don't have fleets or don't have fleets or infantry are one thing that annoy me about this game.

For example previously I wasn't able to use Minister of Peace against Muaat because Yin didn't have any ships but did have a GF, which qualified them for an objective. Now this probably counts as an attack as well, but I can't use a political card that seems designed to prevent an attack. Just wish it was more consistent/binary.
    Agreed. I think I'll wait for MrBlarney to render a ruling on this before we place our vote.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    An attack is a Space Battle or Invasion Combat, according to the FAQ. I believe hostile landings on planets owned by another player but not defended by ground units will not count as an attack for the purposes of the card.

Number of Votes
    The Yin Brotherhood: 3 votes - Muaat
    Universities of Jol-Nar: 15 votes - Muaat
    The Naalu Collective: 10 votes - Jol-Nar
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 8 votes - Creuss
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 17 votes - Jol-Nar
    The Embers of Muaat: 6 votes

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Oh god no, I am not about to suggest this.

If you select Yin, Jol-Nar, Nallu and L1x1x will all have a chance to invade Thiba and get a VP.

Hmm if Cruess is selected, Nallu L1x1x and Jol-nar also can gain points without Cruess having a chance to get it.

With Muaat, Jol-Nar and Cruess could get the point.

With Nallu, Jol-nar Cruess and L1x1x could get the point.

Gotta do my work as speaker after all.

Also if you want to put your money where your votes are Mr body plenty of people could vote for Muaat.

I'll vote for Muaat for only 1 TG!

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Nah. Everyone would just invade some rinky dink Muaat backwater or send some suicide token attack force.

I'm saving my bounty money for when someone knocks out a Muaat spacedock.

• Options
    Fair enough, I am last in the vote order so will be taking that privilege.

• Options
    My strategy right now is to convince everyone I'm the Creuss ghost player and claim victory.

• Options
    I don't see any problem with trying to confuse MrB that you were actually gaining VP for Creuss. Victory for Ghosts everywhere.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yes

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I don't suppose Creuss would be willing to give us a clue about where they plan to vote?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    There's probably a reason I moved the speaker to vote as late as possible

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Vote Creuss

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Vote Jol-Nar

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    At 27 votes on Jol-Nar from Naalu and Creuss, that's enough for Jol-Nar to, uh, 'win' the title of Corrupt Empire. The next player to initiate a Space Combat or Invasion Combat with Jol-Nar will gain 1 victory point. Remember that if Jol-Nar initiates combat as an attacker, the defender does not gain 1 VP, nor does an aggressor gain a VP if there are no defending Jol-Nar units in a territorial incursion.

Players are now free to play or pass on the secondary ability of the card.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Naalu

PASS on secondary

TG/AC/PC: 0/5/0
    SA/FS/CP: 1/4/1

stever777 on

• Options
    Pass

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I'm really not sure where all the Jol Nar hate is coming from, but I will note that the leading races have done a pretty good job of deflecting your attention from themselves onto us.

I'll note, once again, that we believe ourselves to have been mathematically eliminated from contention. We will however play spoiler by ruthlessly attacking whichever race is foolish enough to claim this bonus point.

• Options
    Don't blame us - We voted for the bad guys!

Also, Pass on secondary

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Quick question: would Yin be eligible for that VP? The rules only mention that you can't claim objectives if you don't control your home planet(s).

Slight correction: Unless there's some hidden thing I'm forgetting, I'm only counting 9 votes for Naalu according to the map.

MrBody on
  • Options
    If Muaat voted for themselves as the 2nd place vote they would still only have 24 total votes so it doesn't matter.

PSN SeGaTai