Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

18911131453

Posts

  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    You are the worst Katniss.

    Also, because he is our namesake, I will be playing this Phalla like I'm fairly sure Infidel would. Which is to say: all extraneous bullshit is just that. Villagers should consider themselves victorious if the mafia is eliminated. Special win conditions (even if it's the only one given to us by the host) are distractions meant to screw us.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure playing against your win condition would not be something that Infidel would advocate.

  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    ANIALOS


    ]INANTP, thank you for a factions list.

    NOW DIE.

    Learn some game theory. You're coming off like a silly goose right now to use the term lightly. We want mafia dead before players.
    ...Unless you're also stating that you're mafia, which that vote is making a statement of.

    Fill me in on whats going on with this. I didn't get approved for my faction board until like super late today, so I didn't see any of this unfold.

    Where the people that moled onto multiple boards aware that they were going to fuck our powers over?

    Some kind of soft network trap set up to see if anyone beside the specific moles were on multiple boards?

    How confident are we that those moles are legit?

  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure playing against your win condition would not be something that Infidel would advocate.

    He's said EXACTLY that quite a lot before. Hell, I think he said so in my very own Phalla.

    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
    Warren 2020
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Yes.

    If the victory condition is to eliminate the mafia.

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Anialos is accused of knowing that mrt was not team infidel and a mole. The only way he could know this is if mrt told different people different things (obviously he had to to hook up with his real team and also infiltrate infidel), and if one of those people let slip his true affiliation.

    The other way is if he is mafia, and therefore knew all proboard info.

    However as I said, team infidel has an ability now which will divine the truth, and so we should try and vote someone else off the island.

  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I know you're probably not willing to announce what it is, but unless it's a conditional (on the player's alignment) elimination, there's no reason for us to wait for you guys to sort it out.

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Also yeah infidel would never say to play against your win condition.

    We do not have a win condition to kill mafia. We have a win condition to get medals. That is the only win condition we have.

    It behooves us to vote out mafia, especially the mafia in our team, because then we can more efficiently win medals. That's all.

  • BluecyanBluecyan ROAR Registered User regular
    To support my team I too will vote Anialos

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    I know you're probably not willing to announce what it is, but unless it's a conditional (on the player's alignment) elimination, there's no reason for us to wait for you guys to sort it out.

    Oh wait I am getting clarification on something

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    His basically told you what it is. So if you have half a brain you can figure it out. Look at the last line.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    *he basically told you. bah not being able to edit

  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Yes, I understand his implication. But if that's what it is, then there's no need to wait and have them come forward with the claim tomorrow when they can just use it on someone else and have the vote divine that particular truth for us.

  • MillMill Registered User regular
    It looks like Balance Beam and 4x100 Freestyle are what's being done for the day. So thoughts on how winning events works, since clearly it isn't blue streaking of any sort? Editing seems to be related to it. Perhaps each error knocks a point of of anything that involves judges awarding points (ex. balance beam) and activity plays a part in determine placement for something like a race. I'm also wondering if the mafia have keywords they can use to trip up people or if they can actively taint the drug test for 1-2 non-cheaters.

  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Besides, it's not like we have a better target.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    It looks like Balance Beam and 4x100 Freestyle are what's being done for the day. So thoughts on how winning events works, since clearly it isn't blue streaking of any sort? Editing seems to be related to it. Perhaps each error knocks a point of of anything that involves judges awarding points (ex. balance beam) and activity plays a part in determine placement for something like a race. I'm also wondering if the mafia have keywords they can use to trip up people or if they can actively taint the drug test for 1-2 non-cheaters.

    What? Archery is today

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Aaaannndd

    mill

  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Chester sighed for the 27th time that days. He’d been keeping track. Whichever PA was in charge of the schedule had mixed up the dates. They’d printed corrections, but the materials that got sent out would all need updates. At least he’d caught it before the Balance Beam and 4x100 Freestyle had started. They could just switch the dates. It was just one more thing that had gone wrong today.

    That seems to imply that it isn't archery and is instead those two events.

  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    It looks like Balance Beam and 4x100 Freestyle are what's being done for the day. So thoughts on how winning events works, since clearly it isn't blue streaking of any sort? Editing seems to be related to it. Perhaps each error knocks a point of of anything that involves judges awarding points (ex. balance beam) and activity plays a part in determine placement for something like a race. I'm also wondering if the mafia have keywords they can use to trip up people or if they can actively taint the drug test for 1-2 non-cheaters.

    What? Archery is today

    Ummm yah. I have no idea what he is talking about here. From the OP

    Sunday, August 12th - Opening Ceremonies
    Monday, August 13th - Archery

    And where are you getting info about drug tests? I haven't seen that anywhere yet...

    Mills

  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Guys team infidel is pute on its boards, and we have the power. Do not vote for ani. He will be dealt with one way or another.

    Find another mafia to exterminate

    As the prancing pony for team infidel I would like to confirm that we have our power and we will be using it to deal with the Anialos situation.

    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Chester sighed for the 27th time that days. He’d been keeping track. Whichever PA was in charge of the schedule had mixed up the dates. They’d printed corrections, but the materials that got sent out would all need updates. At least he’d caught it before the Balance Beam and 4x100 Freestyle had started. They could just switch the dates. It was just one more thing that had gone wrong today.

    That seems to imply that it isn't archery and is instead those two events.

    OI NO IT DOESN'T MATE

    zxQY2JJ.jpg
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Well since the post with the schedule has been edited it's hard to tell what was out of place before the D1 narration, unless someone has a copy. I completely forget to go back and check the schedule post, I just tend to ignore the OP in Phalla once they start, unless I need to check and see what's been clarified or find a quick reference for the dead.

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    As the judo-cat for Team Infidel I would like to remind the village that they are voting for me based upon the word of someone caught red-handed attempting to harm the village. The power granted Team Infidel by my vigilance shall show the truth tomorrow. In the meantime you should all look to another vote target, like Mill.

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Mostly the archers know they are competing today because they were told via pm and told how the game works.

    We don't need to guess at game mechanics because the players are told.

  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Guess they swapped balance beam and the freestyle relay. Seriously, that's going to get annoying if I have check that everyday just to keep tabs on which events are happening, on top of not being able to edit.

  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Oh, we get PMs. Well that makes things easier.

  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    "The teams were also all in disarray. Everyone was afraid that other teams would try to infiltrate them. Even worse, someone had found several bugs in the soundproof chambers. Chester shook his head. Sure, the Olympics had dealt with performance enhancing drugs and cheating, but he was sure he could get through at least one day of phallympics without having to deal with it. He thumbed his headset on.

    “Lou, we need an anti-doping agency now. Talk to marketing and get them to come up with a snappy name. I have a feeling we’ll be needing them.” "

    Are the drugs the way that the factions are going to kill each other? Warban what is the flavor text for the power you guys got. As far as I've seen so far, our team didn't get shit.

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    As the judo-cat for Team Infidel I would like to remind the village that they are voting for me based upon the word of someone caught red-handed attempting to harm the village. The power granted Team Infidel by my vigilance shall show the truth tomorrow. In the meantime you should all look to another vote target, like Mill.

    WHY DO YOU PROPOSE WE KILL MRT BUT NOT THE MEMBERS OF TEAM INFIDEL WHO WERE SPYING ON OTHER TEAMS

    zxQY2JJ.jpg
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    We are waiting for clarification on exactly what it does, but basically yes it is a battery of tests

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Cause they're our liars

  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    This is silly.

    If you have a seer, why waste it on someone that we have a lot of information on already?

    What's the benefit from specifically using it on Anialos and directing the vote somewhere else?

    The answer is that it doesn't, unless you're on team Infidel, in which case there's the chance that they come up clean.

    But that's not everyone else's problem.

  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    And by "it doesn't" I of course mean "there isn't any."

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    We won't really need the seer at all if ani can provide a name that told him you claimed bl who can corroborate that.

    No one is out but obifett, so they're still alive

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Or, you know, you could do the same thing, in order to prove your claim that ani pulled the info out of nowhere

  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    How can I prove a negative?

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    As the judo-cat for Team Infidel I would like to remind the village that they are voting for me based upon the word of someone caught red-handed attempting to harm the village. The power granted Team Infidel by my vigilance shall show the truth tomorrow. In the meantime you should all look to another vote target, like Mill.

    WHY DO YOU PROPOSE WE KILL MRT BUT NOT THE MEMBERS OF TEAM INFIDEL WHO WERE SPYING ON OTHER TEAMS

    I'm sorry, do you see a vote for MrT here? No? Okay, how about Alegis, the Infidel member who was trying to spy on B:L? No? Thought not. I'm voting Mill because he seems to have information that could not reasonably be gotten through networking, as you seem to have acquired everyone's team alignment. Also, USA! USA! USA!

    "there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    How can I prove a negative?

    Inform the group who you told you were bl, before you got onto a proboard, and see if anialos' claim matches up?

  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I was on the proboard before Anialos made the claim. Anyone on the board could have ratted me out, but no one had an incentive to except another mole (unlikely given the numbers) or the mafia.

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Anialos

  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Him making the claim afterward doesn't mean he didn't know before.

    It isn't like something would be done instantly.

Sign In or Register to comment.