As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Phall]ympic Games! - Cheater Victory!

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    Mill wrote: »
    Man, I thought Rend had inactive problems. I didn't think Gumpy had such issues but then that might explain why the both their cheaters are still alive, since it's a bit easier to pull off in conjunction with one of the other teams coming out strong.

We tried to kill one of cheaters.

The rest of you decided offing our medal winners was the better option.

hey we tried before . you decided denying us a medal and kill one of ours was better :D

Oh quit whining. My post was a statement of fact.

Anialos got outed because of a mistake. The other two dead mafia got busted because of inactivity, which I'm still confused about, since we have reserves. Wondering about why cheaters are still alive is silly because there is no reason to vote out a cheater when your position is better improved by voting out another faction's medal winner. Without faction vigs, we no faction has the capacity to independently clean house.

I meant warban actually... and I thought the smiley faction indicated I was being jokesy :P

• Options
    *face

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Man, I thought Rend had inactive problems. I didn't think Gumpy had such issues but then that might explain why the both their cheaters are still alive, since it's a bit easier to pull off in conjunction with one of the other teams coming out strong.

We tried to kill one of cheaters.

The rest of you decided offing our medal winners was the better option.

hey we tried before . you decided denying us a medal and kill one of ours was better :D

Oh quit whining. My post was a statement of fact.

Anialos got outed because of a mistake. The other two dead mafia got busted because of inactivity, which I'm still confused about, since we have reserves. Wondering about why cheaters are still alive is silly because there is no reason to vote out a cheater when your position is better improved by voting out another faction's medal winner. Without faction vigs, we no faction has the capacity to independently clean house.

I meant warban actually... and I thought the smiley faction indicated I was being jokesy :P

Between ahava being perpetually angry, INANTP being perpetually sulky and various other things happening, I am no longer sure when someone is joking, anymore.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Well Gumpy technically had a point where they could have gambled with the data provided by MrT to attempt purging one of their cheaters (I don't think anyone would find it advantageous to try to kill both for various reasons) but when most people are being inactive it makes it easier for cheats to steer team votes towards hurting real teams (lol at Kilnaga managing to hijack the team's guard). Then we sort of hit a point where it made more sense vote people based on how it affects the medal count. Though, after Rysk took gold in balance beam, I don't know what the hell all the non-team infidel and B:L players were thinking when they voted out bluecyan.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    The honorable John Darksun, Gold Medalist in the 4x100 Freestyle, would like to endorse his support for player INANTP.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    He would also like to condemn the actions of stever777.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    jdark needs to die to stop the cheaters

• Options
    stever777 wrote: »
    Epic Reveal
    stever777 is Max Power from Team Infidel
    Egos is Maverick Cole from Team Infidel
    Gumpy is Venus Williams for Team Gumpy
    REG Rysk is Slug for Team Rend
    Mill is Johnny Ringer for Team B:L
    Matev is Bluestreak from Team Infidel

@SaberOverEasy

Which of these actually count as his EPICREVEAL?

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    I'm an idiot. Don't me me Saber, I just saw where you already answered this. >_>

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    mind me* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

Curse you lack of edits.

- Terence McKenna
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Epic Reveal
    You want answers?
    You want the truth?
    YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH
    Cythraul is Stephen Hawkings, and a dirty, dirty cheater!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    jdarksun

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    EPIC REVEALS!?
    Orange Soda is Michael Usain Bolton, cheater extraordinaire

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    EPIC REVEALS!?

Foinally, we can all just admit it.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Inactive players have been across all teams, it was really noticeable this game because of the events.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see the cheater boards.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    I think the combination of it being a main, non-standard and a faction game multiplied the inactive effect.

That said did I vote for jdarksun yet?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I imagine the Team B:L boards were quiet for most of the game.

jdarksun

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    They were active for a time, and then fell silent for most of a day before I got banned.

</3

• Options
    Actually we had about 4 pages a day at our peak at midgame.

Though we did quite a bit of coordinating on balance beam day via PM before we actually just kicked retaba off the board.

• Options
    our boards have been OK activity wise

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Actually we had about 4 pages a day at our peak at midgame.

Though we did quite a bit of coordinating on balance beam day via PM before we actually just kicked retaba off the board.

I was still there to help!

• Options
    Oh and right before they banned me, MrT started up a private PM with Team B:L in an attempt to exclude me from him telling them I was a cheater. He still included me in the PM.

• Options
    It was hilarious.

• Options
    I'm still trying to figure out if we lost VW to real life factors or if the set up of the 4x100 just did him in.

• Options
    In a silly mistake kind of way.

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    Oh and right before they banned me, MrT started up a private PM with Team B:L in an attempt to exclude me from him telling them I was a cheater. He still included me in the PM.

This is one of my favorite moments.

I make a PM with everyone in B:L that says retaba isn't included because he's a cheater.

INANTP: "You totally included retaba on this list."

• Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    EPIC REVEALS!?

Foinally, we can all just admit it.

Don't you dare speak for me! While I am Michael Usain Bolton, I am not a cheater. In fact, what I want to do most in the world is to just sing and dance.

If you notice, none of my events had to do with running! Archery? Fuck yah. Michael Usain Bolton is the prettiest princess when it comes to Robin Hooding it up!

• Options
    I think the combination of it being a main, non-standard and a faction game multiplied the inactive effect.

One thing oi would say is that for much of the game there's a lot o' sense o' not 'aving much agency if you're not doin' your events. Probably th' one criticism oi'd 'and Saber is there was a lotto waitin' round 'oping your mate does well in an event and you don't get poo'd on by the o'er factions.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jdark

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Well the mechanics of some the events pretty much made the anonymity of role names worthless or also made guard both less risky and less of choice.

Also since vote records never really mattered and since jdark is going to die anyways.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    jdark

Dying to inactivus on the last day would be sooooo bad :P

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Vote records really don't matter on the last day.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Epic Reveal:

Kilnaga is a filthy cheater named john darksun.

I don't know why Gumpy keeps guarding him.

I actually completely agree with this statement. In fact, I agree with it so much that I would like to formally Endorse MrT for all he has done.

I think his programming skills could use a little work, but he nailed most of the cheaters IMO.

Good luck tonight, MrT. I'm routing for you!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    If you are not yet, but about to become a silver medalist (cough), can you endorse someone for the bonus?

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    jdark

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    If you are not yet, but about to become a silver medalist (cough), can you endorse someone for the bonus?

No. You may only endorse with medals you already have.

• Options
    You're not routing for me.

You're not routing for me at all.

• Options
    You're not routing for me.

You're not routing for me at all.

Don't tell me what to do! I'll route for you if I want <3

• Options
    I'd be happy if you were.

I just don't think you mean it in your heart.