Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Raiders and Relics - Version 0.4.0 ready for the test phase! Play online with LackeyCCG!

124»

• 21stCentury21stCentury Bismuth OS Fully Operational 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    it's ok, Zombie, now the game can be played in real-time with a program.

Wanna try it out like that sometime, Zombie?

• cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    I noticed that some cards say "When a creature dies" and some say "When a creature is destroyed" Are these the same thing?

• 21stCentury21stCentury Bismuth OS Fully Operational 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    oh, yeah, i haven't written all the cards at the same time and didn't come with a set of terms to use for various things.

So yes, these are the same thing.

• cptruggedcptrugged Time Dilated Registered User regular
    If a creature is with equipment is destroyed outside of the combat phase by direct damage or removal, can you recover your equipment or does it go the graveyard?

edited August 2012
    cptrugged wrote: »
    If a creature is with equipment is destroyed outside of the combat phase by direct damage or removal, can you recover your equipment or does it go the graveyard?

You recover it, you can only lose it if your equipped creature attacks and is killed in battle. (IE, your creature is killed while on the opponent's side of the field)

21stCentury on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Couple of thoughts that have been percolating in the back of my mind.

1) If the given reason for recovering the equipment is a sort of scavenging, then if the creature is killed in combat the equipment should go to the player who killed it. Potentially, with a caveat that he must equip it to a creature immediately, or it goes in a graveyard. Or the rule should be changed to "if a creature is destroyed, equipment is lost".

2) A new ruling that equipment (especially the "(z) deal X damage to target creature or raider" pieces) cannot be attached to tokens, as it ... protects the tokens in a way that seems contrary to their nature.

As we saw, equipment hangs around far too long.

edit:

On another matter, I would classify the various unit "types". I said something on this earlier, but am reiterating it so I can expand on the concept.

A token spawned by an ability (the various factory-type cards in particular) could be classified as "mooks"; "mobs"; "creeps"; you get the idea. Something "trashy".

A unit cast from the hand would be a "hireling"; "mercenary"; "thug"; an "adventurer"; something that evokes them being hired by the raider.

(further edits: cleaning up the grammar. Still doesn't feel quite right)

Tamin on
    *dusts off old thread*

I have an announcement! After about a year, version 0.4.0 is live for testing!
    Yes, the thread can now be revived (I checked with Echo, it's okay).

Be sure to check the revised OP, check the revised Website, read the revised rules, download the new plugin for LackeyCCG and Raid some Relics!

The dynamic for the game changed entirely in this year-long hiatus. In a nutshell, the relics are now found by excavating ruins and not chosen at the beginning of the game.
    The way this works is tracked by the Excavations Counter. Whenever you excavate (Drag a card from the Excavations deck onto the field), you decrease the Excavations counter by 1. Once it his 0, the next excavation will be a relic excavation, so you can pick a Relic from the Vitals Deck and reset the Excavations Counter to whatever you decided on (15 by default).

It's a good idea to decide how high the excavations counter will be and the number of relics at the beginning of the game. I included a Basic Ruins Excavation Deck, you can use custom ones...

So let's test this bad boy! As always, I'm looking forward to any input, constructive criticism, etc. i strive to make this game as fun as possible! :D

• WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I played a bit of this with 21st just this weekend and it was really fun. He has a neutral monster mechanic that I found super neat.

I suggest others try it out. It's really easy to set up.

Just a note, there is now an Errata list on the site. It's a growing list of things that aren't clear or times i messed up making cards. It happens, this is a Work in Progress, after all.

If there's anything else i should add to the website, tell me, I want to make the game as fun as it can be.

124»