As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Friday, August 10, 2012 - Green Business

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited August 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    These t-shirts feel so much like generic pro-cannibis shirts it makes me giggle.

• John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    From the position of Gabe's shirt in panels 2 & 3 I feel like we should see some of his head.

Good comic though.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • GiraffeLoverGiraffeLover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpFHwFdN0Kw Registered User regular
    I miss those drug-filled days and the occasional trips to the aquarium to have a nice tug or two...

Necks... it's all about necks...

Personal Quote: "I stare into the void as her molted carapace unfurls, her soaking thorax begging for my gentle touch... and she whispers: "krev unda xcryu!!!". Her slender neck riddled with eggsacks and vestigial maws beckons for my tender head, but what is that I see? Tis a hedgehog, nested upon one of her seven shoulder, her quills beckon for me as well. I now surrender myself as I am filled with countless fertilized eggs and my hands grace the spiky sensuous quills... Yes, yes - a thousand times yes..."
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    These t-shirts feel so much like generic pro-cannibis shirts it makes me giggle.

It's just missing a giant cannabis leaf in the background.

forumsig.png
  • the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular
    God, please let Gabe and Tycho make both of those shirts real.

I'll buy one for each day of the Week, I swear.

• Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    legalize it

• TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    God, please let Gabe and Tycho make both of those shirts real.

I'll buy one for each day of the Week, I swear.

Wear shirts everyday.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Pepsi?
    or toke mother fucker?

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i like this comic

• MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Pepsi?
    or toke mother fucker?

I just spent a half hour trying to do this but my editing skills are poor at best.

• Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    Everytime I see marijuana humor online, I instinctively check my PC's clock to see if its 4/20.

• InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Gabe can draw a beautiful looking joint.

• Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Pepsi?
    or toke mother fucker?

I just spent a half hour trying to do this but my editing skills are poor at best.
    Ey man, as a cartoon rabbit once told me, "never give up! Trust your instincts!"

• FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Both those shirts would sell like hotcakes.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    But if you're smoking then you're already toking, which would mean you have to stop

I guess the shirt is advocating only doing one "hit" at a time? Or maybe it means smoke cigarettes before smoking the blueberry yumyum

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    But if you're smoking then you're already toking, which would mean you have to stop

I guess the shirt is advocating only doing one "hit" at a time? Or maybe it means smoke cigarettes before smoking the blueberry yumyum

I'm pretty sure it's an exercise in futility to try to apply logic to weed-wear.
    I mean, when you start from the position that any customer that's buying your shirt is willing to advertise that they break (or want to break) the law to anyone who can read their shirt, I'd think that logic goes out the window.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I vote for "Smoke 'till you Toke"

It is the best, precisely because it is illogical.

"If it ain't toke, don't fix it" is just your standard pun.
    see317 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it's an exercise in futility to try to apply logic to weed-wear.
    I mean, when you start from the position that any customer that's buying your shirt is willing to advertise that they break (or want to break) the law to anyone who can read their shirt, I'd think that logic goes out the window.

Yes, it is quite important to remember that both the desired effect, and the primary drawback, of weed is that it makes you temporarily retarded.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I vote for "Smoke 'till you Toke"

It is the best, precisely because it is illogical.

"If it ain't toke, don't fix it" is just your standard pun.
    No, it's just as nonsensical, which makes it just as funny! The idea that if something "ain't toke" then it does not require fixing is the exact opposite of someone advocating for a constant use of marijuana! If something "ain't toke," then according to that outlook, one probably should fix it, and in fact ought to fix it by toking.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Whistle while you toke
    Toke happens
    I'm looking for the man who toked my pa
    We're here we're toke, get use to it.
    When life gives you toke, make tokenade.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Don't toke on me

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    He who gives, must toke.
    Let people toke and dogs bark.
    One "toke this" is better than ten "God help you!"
    Toke time: much may be gained by patience.
    We give and toke in turn.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    A toke in time saves nine

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    takeonmeguy.jpg
    Toke on me...

• the Professorthe Professor PONY ROMNEY DOES NOT CARE PONY ROMNEY WILL CUT YOUR FUNDINGRegistered User regular

LOL @ implying one should stop toking

I guess you would have to, if you worked for the Government or summin. Fuck the Government, though. They wanna ban videogames and fun.

Don't toke me, bro.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Since I'm on a work computer, I cannot do a Google search to satisfy my curiousity: Are skulls commonly associated with marijuana culture? Is this because tokers view themselves as "hard" or badass in some fashion? Is it just a generic "skulls are cool, bro" type situation?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I'm here to toke and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    A toke in the hand is worth two in the bush.

A toke a day keeps the doctor away.

Keep on tokin'!

Methought I heard a voice cry "Toke no more!
    Macbeth does murder toke," the innocent toke,
    Toke that knits up the ravell'd sleave of care,
    The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
    Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
    Chief nourisher in life's feast.

Toke the police, coming straight from the underground.

I toke therefore I am.

Going for toke.

If you come to a toke in the road, take it.

Murder, she toked.

edited August 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Since I'm on a work computer, I cannot do a Google search to satisfy my curiousity: Are skulls commonly associated with marijuana culture? Is this because tokers view themselves as "hard" or badass in some fashion? Is it just a generic "skulls are cool, bro" type situation?

I think Gabe and Tycho are making fun of the Call of Duty emblems with weed smoking "HIGH COMMAND" and "JOINT OPS" skulls. I have the weed smoking skulls AND THE POT LEAF EMBLEM, myself.

I like the one eyed skull cuz it reminds me of Odin.

Friends, romans, countrymen, we come here not to bury Caesar, but to toke him up.

GOTTA TOKE 'EM ALL!!

the Professor on
    Ask not for whom the jay tokes: it tokes for thee.

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    tick-toke on the clock, but the party don't stop
    to-night i'ma toke till we see the daylight

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Where there's toke there's fire

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Stealth XXIVStealth XXIV Registered User regular
    It is dangerous to go alone.

Toke this.

It is dangerous to go alone.

Toke this.

Ffffft

Fffffffffffffffft fft ffft

*cough*

edited August 2012
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Where there's toke there's fire

It's rad because all the people in the know call marijuana 'fire'.

Yo, you got that fire, homes?

Y'all done learned something today thanks to this guy.

the Professor on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Cambiata wrote: »

I think Gabe and Tycho are making fun of the Call of Duty emblems with weed smoking "HIGH COMMAND" and "JOINT OPS" skulls. I have the weed smoking skulls AND THE POT LEAF EMBLEM, myself.

I like the one eyed skull cuz it reminds me of Odin.

Friends, romans, countrymen, we come here not to bury Caesar, but to toke him up.

GOTTA TOKE 'EM ALL!!
    215532341_2MiXb-L-2.jpg

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    Man, Gabe has really improved his joint-rendering skill. The dog's joint looks like crap. The skulls's joints are mouthwateringly perfect.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Man, Gabe has really improved his joint-rendering skill. The dog's joint looks like crap. The skulls's joints are mouthwateringly perfect.

So the dog's was just a token effort on his part?

edited August 2012
    MichaelLC wrote: »

So the dog's was just a token effort on his part?

BADUMTISH

To be fair, the comic is really fucking funny, though. I keep scrolling up and giggling. The Nazi's dialogue is so perfect. He sounds like one of my friends perfectly.

I have a small pet dragon that smoked weed, and it took more than one joint for it to get high. It'd just get buzzed. That dog has some rockin' tolerance.

the Professor on