As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dota 2] This week on Dota 2: Brood update, unreleased hero texture work, and PRD.

1939495969799»

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    What about urn?

• Options
    sparklesparkle Registered User regular
    urn is HP removal. It shouldn't count on Refraction.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    QoP does well against TA because of Shadowstrike.

Veno with Gale and a point in Sting just ruins TA's day.

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Yikes, took Dazzle out last night after not playing him for ages...and I've gotten way to aggressive playing Omni support, because I fed bot lane like a mofo. I felt really bad, I haven't played that shitty since I can remember. The only bright side was that the enemy team for some reason continued to focus on killing me instead of my team, so they all got fed and huge and the game ended in under 30 min.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    1 point in sting shouldn't be enough to trigger refraction charges unless they changed how it works in dota2

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh right, I forgot to take magic damage reduction into account.

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    3clipse wrote: »

I don't think veno can take ta 1v1 in mid really. TA will still get her farm and a fast blink, even if you harass or kill her.

valiance on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    No, you duo mid with Veno against TA to counter her. She loses all of her Refraction charges against Veno and then dies.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    I've always had pretty great success mid against TA with Disruptor. His Q doesn't get rid of all her refraction charges, but it along with auto attacks does a pretty darn good job. Then, at lvl 6, it's lots of fun.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    GAMEPLAY
    - Fixed some bugs with Pounce movement restriction.
    - Fixed being able to cast and attack while using Skewer.
    - Fixed Empower buff remaining after casting Black King Bar.
    - Fixed Neutral creep chase time being too long.
    - Added Pseudo Random chances for the following items: Daedalus, Crystalys, Abyssal Blade, Basher, Heaven's Halbred, Maelstrom, Mjollnir, Static Charge, Monkey King Bar, Poor Man's Shield, Sange, Sange and Yasha, Stout Shield, Vanguard.
    - Fixed various ancient AI exploits.

AUDIO
    - Some voice gain fixes to improve quality.
    - Updates on sound effects for Visage, Viper, Warlock, Tiny and Earthshaker.

MISC
    - Fixed an issue where players would not be able to reconnect to a server and would get "You must be in a lobby to connect."
    - Undying's Tombstone now caps at 64 maximum zombies.

thefunendshere.tiff

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular

Slark is pretty excellent against TA. His AOE nuke burns through refraction and hits her while she is invisible, and I am pretty sure pounce does too. And of course he can just go invisible to live through her burst.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    necrolyte heartstopper aura hits her throughout meld too, its fun hanging around an invisible TA with low health and watching her death animation. also hilarious is using magnus's ult to pull her out of meld too

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    Can someone take a moment to explain to me how this works? The game is in Beta, you can buy it, but then don't really have to? I installed it, but can only run spectator mode, I did the survey thing for an invite, but I don't understand how this process works. Id like to give it a shot but I had to lie a bit on the survey about who my favorite champions were in DOTA 1, but I've never played a second of it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    it is in beta but they have epanded release. if you didn't get an invite you can buy in for access. they released a spectator client for teh invitational tourny to everyone.

if you want in, just add me, ihave like 6 invites

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    mts wrote: »
    it is in beta but they have epanded release. if you didn't get an invite you can buy in for access. they released a spectator client for teh invitational tourny to everyone.

Friend invite sent. An invite would be awesome, been watching the newbie Youtubes, looks like fun.

And from what iv'e gathered it looks like it has been in beta FOREVER, why don't they just retail it out and rock it? Capitalism and all.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ha! got it, thanks MTS, for further hilarity, that was the first gift Ive ever gotten on steam. Thanks dude.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    woohoo. finally got rid of one

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    woohoo. finally got rid of one

Don't worry. I'm sure Steam will send you three more before the night's out. :P

• Options
    So Luna is pretty firmly in the competitive meta now. So that's cool!

• Options
    AlwaysNewDepthsAlwaysNewDepths Registered User regular

Friend invite sent. An invite would be awesome, been watching the newbie Youtubes, looks like fun.

And from what iv'e gathered it looks like it has been in beta FOREVER, why don't they just retail it out and rock it? Capitalism and all.

Part of it is server capacity I believe, they send out invites when they increase it.

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Do invites expire after a while? My friend had 3 the other day, only gave out one. He tried to give one to me today but he can't find the 2 remaining invites he had.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Robot Santa, spread some Christmas cheer and terror and close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Echo. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.