As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mortal Kombat - IT HAS BEGUN!

1495051525355»

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    So... I guess none of the new stuff is coming to PC?

It's hard to be a fan of this company/product. They put out so little actual information. Like, it's a yes or no question. Just fucking answer it.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm not really upset about the possibility that more DLC isn't coming to the PC version - I wasn't exactly planning on buying it.

That the platform is being treated in a second class way yet again means that there's no way in hell I'm going to be touching NRS' next offering, though.

sPider817
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Z9zVSgc.png

Wow.

Lindsay LohanDerrickUselesswarrior
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Is it too late to ask for a refund from when I was pissed when the game first came out and I bought all the DLC? Heh. Fucking PC. Ugh.

Does the game work on One at least?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I want to reinstall this on PC, but I figure it still won't work properly.
    I wouldn't bother, KP2 (and the newly announced XL 'complete' edition) won't be coming to PC. Y'know, just as a further 'fuck you' to those of us who went that route.

Halfmex on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Is it too late to ask for a refund from when I was pissed when the game first came out and I bought all the DLC? Heh. Fucking PC. Ugh.

Does the game work on One at least?

The game is perfectly playable on the one with silly netcode issues aside (Maximilian Dood has to use a NetDomo to restrict his games to connections close to him for good play), but with the GGPO changes coming soon the Netcode could be potentially resolved depending on how that goes.

Other fighting games like Killer Instinct on the one play great online and in my, limited, experience with MKX online its played within reason for the majority of my matches.

WingedWeasel
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I was finally about to break down and buy MKX on PC but after reading through this thread I think I will pass.

Damn shame.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I want to reinstall this on PC, but I figure it still won't work properly.
    I wouldn't bother, KP2 (and the newly announced XL 'complete' edition) won't be coming to PC. Y'know, just as a further 'fuck you' to those of us who went that route.

That really doesn't even make sense. All they would need to do at this point is add the characters for KP2.

I guess they really don't want to pay someone to fix their dumpster fire net code on PC? I just don't see the how the math works out here. They're just giving up free money on the kombat pack characters, and they're taking a massive PR hit abandoning an entire platform.

I mean, I'm not buying another game with a Warner Brothers logo on it after this. Arkham was the smoke; this is the fire.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    HalfmexPMAversMrMiscreant
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I however am very pleased to hear about MKXL. I was waiting for the version with all the DLC. Now I can finally get my Kombat on!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    For everyone who isn't pissed off about PC shenanigans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TagYisYp-aQ

Some new stuff to be seen here. Alien fatality. Classic male ninja skins for Cassie and Jacqui (which... is a really strange addition). The Pit is back and looks gorgeous.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    RidleySaria
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Refund request sent to Steam. Hopefully I can get my $80 and change back.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Apparently Tri-Borg is more like Quad-Borg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mIZ011GByY

Cyber Sub-Zero is back

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Do we know if Cyber Smoke is still there?

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Yes. That footage comes from a longer video which showed off a bit about Sektor, Cyrax, and Smoke.

https://youtu.be/uDRix7yJV3g?t=685

About 11:25 when they show him off.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
    JoolanderAbsoluteZero
    I do wonder how it's going to work, because I don't see a 4th variation for TriBorg on the character select screen.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DeansDeans Registered User regular
    I do wonder how it's going to work, because I don't see a 4th variation for TriBorg on the character select screen.

Each character has a "variationless" version you can play as. I forget how to activate it exactly. That's what Cyber Subzero is, Triborg's no variation version.

Deans wrote: »

Each character has a "variationless" version you can play as. I forget how to activate it exactly. That's what Cyber Subzero is, Triborg's no variation version.

Interesting! I wonder if that has story implications. I guess they said he may not be canon, but I can't think of any MK character that didn't wind up being canon. Even Chameleon & Khameleon.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Medium Dave
    I've just been assuming Sektor probably realized he didn't particularly need his enslaved cyborg minions to have souls and recovered Smoke and Sub-Zero's corpses. Of course they could always play up the angle of Enenra being in control of revenant Smoke while his human-half controls his cyborg body.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    When announced I assumed Tri-Borg was a cyberized CHameleon. That his gift was he could upload the combat arts of other cyborgs and assume their role out of the cybler Lin Kuei. He escaped Sub Zero destroying Sektor and salvaged the combat chips of the fallen to form Tri-Borg (and later found Cyber Sub Zero's chip).

Kombat Pack 2 will be adding at least one other stage fatality besides The Pit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPwGGBLeY8E

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    Joolander
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    the bo' rai cho fatalities are so dumb. not that really any of the fatalities ever make sense, but for example the refugee camp stage fatality is silly and entertaining as a result. conversely bo' rai cho's fatalities are jarringly dumb

MrMiscreant
    Bo Rai Cho is.... just crap. I have no idea why they chose him for DLC. I guess MKX hadn't met it's fart and vomit quota.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    RidleySariaMrMiscreant
    I was holding out hope they might try and redeem him as a character and make him cool.

d30abd9bd591a3ebd7cc5c6ea8b33aa14f81dc9bbe0f0ad468433aee969622f5.jpg

In other news some people have managed to gain access to the characters early so some videos have been popping up here and there.

AbsoluteZero
    the concept of drunken fighter is fine, i guess bo' rai cho was so over the top they thought he was popular?

tri-borg actually looks pretty cool. although i never was successful with cyrax or cyber subzero in 9 but maybe this time around will be different. and there seems to be a new stage fatality on that dock map.
    aside from uppercutting them into the water which was there before, now there is a kraken that appears to just drown them, and then dismember the body

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Leatherface's ending is absurdly disturbing, it's almost funny.

was there any chance it wasn't going to be? i never got freddy in MK9 so i am not sure whether his was creepy or not.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Absurdly disgusting and therefore funny is like MK fatalities entire point

Do these characters come with any achievements or anything? Cos as a person who only really messes about with single player and vs local I might not bother

I do love mortal kombat though for being a fighting game someone like me, who is not a fighting game fan at all and sucks at multiplayer, can enjoy

• Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    I find it amusing to beat the tar out of leather face with the other horror characters.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I just can't believe we're so close and yet so far from getting Freddy vs. Jason in a fighting game with Fatalities.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    Artoria
    one of the alien's variations is called "konjurer". it "summons" other alien warriors, eggs with what i assume have facehuggers, and possibly other stuff. it looks like it is supposed to have the alien queen head. why did it not just get named "queen" or "matriarch" or something

edited March 2016
    According to their kombat kast on alien it is based off a praetorian xenomorph which guard their nests. I assume they just went with konjurer for simplicity and because they could do their whole K thing.

Iblis on
    i guess that makes sense. it feels out of place since there isn't anything magical about the aliens. that being said i have only seen tarkatan and konjurer, i have no idea what the 3rd variation is.

Acidic I believe. It's a zoning variation that I think can also lay down some crazy pressure with an acid puddle.