As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    So what do we do, now?

I don't know. The voting system in this game really isn't conducive to a lot of talk.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd suggest killing thorgot but whatever

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    So what do we do, now?

I don't know. The voting system in this game really isn't conducive to a lot of talk.

Well, it was yesterday. ;)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, It feels good to be Emperor. As my first order of duty as your Emperor the following people are are on the chopping block for termination:

Archonex
    Avaritia
    Elbonian Man
    PsychoLarry1
    Senor Fish
    Malkor
    Pata
    Cantide

My word is my bond and I will not go against it. If you want a chance at life, you will write me a 5 sentence paragraph on why I should spare your life. Someone will die off this list, I swear it.

Edited: Gah, Im tired.

precisionk on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Well, It feels good to be Emperor. As my first order of duty as your Emperor the following people are are on the chopping block for termination:

Archonex
    Avaritia
    Elbonian Man
    PsychoLarry1
    Senor Fish
    Malkor
    Pata

My word is my bond and I will not go against it. If you want a chance at life, you will write me a 5 sentence paragraph on why I should spare your life. Someone will die off this list, I swear it.

Why isn't thorgot on there?

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote thorgot for election.

Democracy is better than handing out a list of names in the cold, dark night. What a tyrant.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Archonex
    Avaritia
    Elbonian Man
    PsychoLarry1
    Senor Fish
    Malkor
    Pata

Simple. As I swore when I got into office, all those who voted for me, would be protected from death by my hand. I don't make faulty lies nor do I start ridiculous governments like a Democracy.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I vote thorgot for election.

Democracy is better than handing out a list of names in the cold, dark night. What a tyrant.

I have no clue what this democracy is.

Your actions have proven that you are essentially like the Roman emperors. You claim to be part of a republic, but your actions show you do not listen to the will of the people.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Simple. As I swore when I got into office, all those who voted for me, would be protected from death by my hand. I don't make faulty lies nor do I start ridiculous governments like a Democracy.

Ha. See what dictatorship brings you?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Ha. See what dictatorship brings you?

A person who won't kill you unless you act against him?

Couscous on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Archonex
    Avaritia
    Elbonian Man
    PsychoLarry1
    Senor Fish
    Malkor
    Pata

I'm not on that list either, and the only time I've voted for you has been to try and kill you.

Cantide on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cantide wrote: »

Archonex
    Avaritia
    Elbonian Man
    PsychoLarry1
    Senor Fish
    Malkor
    Pata

I'm not on that list either, and the only time I've voted for you has been to try and kill you.

If a leader cannot even be trusted to know who he should and should not kill by his own decree, what else can be expected of him. I !vote Thorgot for election

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Cantide wrote: »

Archonex
    Avaritia
    Elbonian Man
    PsychoLarry1
    Senor Fish
    Malkor
    Pata

Sorry Cantide, you are so quiet, I completely missed you.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for precisionk

Truly, I am the only leader that can get the job done. Democracy has failed, as I have been saying all along and look what he did? He hid under my warm robe from fear of his own voters.

Did I not say he would betray you?

precisionk on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, vindictive dictators sure are more fun than democrats. The way things are going, I'll probably die on the same day in both Phallas.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Defense of this dastard is due for discontinuation! We should denounce this would-be defacto dictator determined to defenestrate dissidents for defying dubious decrees of his own dreadful design. Deny that despot of decadence, and demand
    decency in your day!
    Decree Digger Dude without delay!

By the way, this is still definitely my favorite post of the whole game so far.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for Avaritia.

Why? Consider that:

I`m a Dong minor noble.

If you vote for me, I promise you not to kill you and I promise you to kill one of the players that oppose me because they will obviously be Johnsons.

There is no need to keep that anonymity farce any longer; The Dongs have far more members and as we vote who gets to kill people democratically you don't need to fear being killed that way by joining the Dong party.

So instead of simple protection I grant you protection and the death of your enemies. I won't be some wannabe Emperor hack, but the sword of our family.

There is one Johnson member I would grant amnesty to, that is, of course, the lover. I don't want to kill my own family members obviously.

The only way the Johnsons could stay masked is if they too would all vote the Dong party, since I would have to kill someone at random.

Now consider the worst case:

I'm not really a Dong. What bad could I do?
    I could kill one of the Dong party members.
    The Dongs +3 advantage would become a +2 advantage, but the Johnsons would lose their anonymity, which is an incredibly bigger advantage.

Using their accountant won't help much for long, either.

Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I think you miscalculated, Avaritia. At best, the Dongs have a 3 person advantage. At worst, a 2 person advantage. And there are at least two people who haven't voted yet. It becomes murkier still with the lovers.

Besides which, your plan assumes everybody who votes for you is a Dong, and everybody who doesn't is a Johnson. That's stupid. If you get ten votes, I would guess half of them would be one family, and half the other. And, assuming the worst for the Dong family, one unlucky night could make the +2 into a -1 difference.

I wouldn't be so quick to base a campaign off of your family.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    In fact, he could be either family. If he's a Johnson, of course the right move would be to come out as a minor noble for the other family.

Unfortunately, he didn't quite do the math all the way through. +3/+2 isn't very much when three people are dying every night.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for Avaritia.

I believe in the underdog.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Alright guys, I'm off to catch my plane. The writeup for tonight is already written, so it's basically just a matter of me being able to get to a computer circa 10ish tonight. I will endevor to do so, but I make no promises. Voting and whatnot ends at 10 regardless. Again, my apologies, but this was kind of outside my realm of prediction and control.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pardon me for asking, but why the hell am I on that list? I sense a conspiracy here.

Edit: Also, this is why these sorts of games should be done IC. There really isn't much to do otherwise. Sure we can try to trick each other, but that only goes so far when there's so few opportunities to use RP as an excuse to have someone blamed for whatever crime is going on at the time.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Archonex wrote: »
    Pardon me for asking, but why the hell am I on that list? I sense a conspiracy here.

Edit: Also, this is why these sorts of games should be done IC. There really isn't much to do otherwise. Sure we can try to trick each other, but that only goes so far when there's so few opportunities to use RP as an excuse to have someone blamed for whatever crime is going on at the time.

Simply because you didn't vote for me, you opposed me with your own vote.

precisionk on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll stay with precisionk for lack of a reason not to, which I'll probably do for a while unless something changes(which doesn't seem likely yet).

So what's up with the execution? Is this one being voted on, or is it strictly up to pk's whims?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, since I'm on the chopping block I might as well stick with what got me here and vote in thorgot to office.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'll stay with precisionk for lack of a reason not to, which I'll probably do for a while unless something changes(which doesn't seem likely yet).

So what's up with the execution? Is this one being voted on, or is it strictly up to pk's whims?

Running this as an Empire, I would hate to put the responsibilty and wouldn't put the responsibility onto the people. I will make my own bed and lie in it.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I think you miscalculated, Avaritia. At best, the Dongs have a 3 person advantage. At worst, a 2 person advantage. And there are at least two people who haven't voted yet. It becomes murkier still with the lovers.

Besides which, your plan assumes everybody who votes for you is a Dong, and everybody who doesn't is a Johnson. That's stupid. If you get ten votes, I would guess half of them would be one family, and half the other. And, assuming the worst for the Dong family, one unlucky night could make the +2 into a -1 difference.

Just wanted to reiterate this point. If people start a vote for somebody who claims to be one family now, it could come back to haunt them should the other family get a lucky night. So don't do it, whether or not you think you are his family or not.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Just wanted to reiterate this point. If people start a vote for somebody who claims to be one family now, it could come back to haunt them should the other family get a lucky night. So don't do it, whether or not you think you are his family or not.

Look at it that way: No one can do more than claim he is in one family.

And your calculations are wrong (or at least misleading) too: You're imagining worst case scenarios.

I think of it that way:

It's smart for all Dongs to vote the Dong party. +3 dead enemies (and the dead ones are sure) is a huge advantage. I would have proposed this plan with a +1 lead.

It's further smart to vote a minor noble, because as soon as the Johnson accountant will take his revenge he will most probably kill the party leader.

I play for my family first and for my survival second. As I stated before: I will be the sword of the Dongs, not an egocentrical emperor.

The smartest thing (based on probability) the Johnson family could do is collectively voting the Dong party. But this won't happen.

We all should consider this:

The chance that this plan fails is far below 50 percent. It's math.
    Other plans turn around the survival of single persons (such plans as Thorgot and precisionk clearly demonstrated) and pure luck or "intelligent" scheming. But scheming doesn't work like math. You can't trust in being smarter than all the enemies or interpret their stories correctly.

We can't forecast the random killings. The chance that two Dongs die today at random is far smaller than the combined chances of one of each families dying or -again- two Johnsons dying. But by killing the opposition we greatly increase the chance that Johnsons die and will stay behind.

Furthermore I promise that I will kill an opposition member. It supports my plan. If you don't believe me, at least accept the plans rationality.

I realize that you, Thorgot, won't trust me. You seem to possess a different definition of "promise" than me.

Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    "A leader is best when people barely know that he exists, not so good when people obey and acclaim him, worst when they despise him. Fail to honor people, They fail to honor you. But of a good leader, who talks little, when his work is done, his aims fulfilled, they will all say, 'We did this ourselves.'" -Lao Tse

I will give no pretenses. I will offer no tricks or treats to force your vote. I will only offer one uncompromisable proposition:

!Vote for B:L, and I will execute thorgot for his treachery.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is there like a none of the above voting option here?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Is there like a none of the above voting option here?

Voting for yourself seems to be the best method of doing this.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »

Look at it that way: No one can do more than claim he is in one family.

And your calculations are wrong (or at least misleading) too: You're imagining worst case scenarios.

I think of it that way:

It's smart for all Dongs to vote the Dong party. +3 dead enemies (and the dead ones are sure) is a huge advantage. I would have proposed this plan with a +1 lead.

It's further smart to vote a minor noble, because as soon as the Johnson accountant will take his revenge he will most probably kill the party leader.

I play for my family first and for my survival second. As I stated before: I will be the sword of the Dongs, not an egocentrical emperor.

The smartest thing (based on probability) the Johnson family could do is collectively voting the Dong party. But this won't happen.

We all should consider this:

The chance that this plan fails is far below 50 percent. It's math.
    Other plans turn around the survival of single persons (such plans as Thorgot and precisionk clearly demonstrated) and pure luck or "intelligent" scheming. But scheming doesn't work like math. You can't trust in being smarter than all the enemies or interpret their stories correctly.

We can't forecast the random killings. The chance that two Dongs die today at random is far smaller than the combined chances of one of each families dying or -again- two Johnsons dying. But by killing the opposition we greatly increase the chance that Johnsons die and will stay behind.

Furthermore I promise that I will kill an opposition member. It supports my plan. If you don't believe me, at least accept the plans rationality.

I realize that you, Thorgot, won't trust me. You seem to possess a different definition of "promise" than me.

I find it more likely that you are a Johnson because you have come out as a Dong. Just sayin', you say something that you would say regardless of your family.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't yet see a reason to not vote precisionk back into office. Why do you believe you would do a better job, B:L?

Regardless, for now I vote for precisionk.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Precisionk is my leader. If only there were a way to throw away our own families and band together as the one great Precision family.

Also, this game is genius and I <3 you Aroduc.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't yet see a reason to not vote precisionk back into office. Why do you believe you would do a better job, B:L?[/b]
    "The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be." -Lao Tse

I have no ambition beyond this one election currently. Why then, would I do a better job?

It is because the job is actually simple; kill your enemies. I do not confusticate matters with trivial rules that may contain loopholes. PrecisionK has created a loophole for thorgot to abuse; he changed his vote for precisionk at the last minute, and now precisionk will refuse to do what is necessary because of such a rule.

Thorgot has clearly betrayed the trust of the people, and he has clearly schemed his way into becoming safe from precisionk's rulings.

Thus, thorgot can not be a man to be trusted.

PrecisionK will protect thorgot under his rule. Avarita will not target thorgot if he believes that they are on the same side.

I will do a better job, because my job is to ensure thorgot's execution for his treachery. There is no reason for a caught liar to live.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I ¡Vote precisionk.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Quoting Lao Tse is not going to make me any more likely to vote for you. My vote stands for now.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't like any of our current candidates. I suppose that makes this just like a real election.

Despite thorgot's lies and treachery, he's still the lesser evil here. I !vote for thorgot.

Cantide on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't quite trust either of our two main candidates, so consider me in the running. If i'm elected I won't go around putting people on "death lists" without due cause (IE someone starts lying leading to folks being massacred en-masse.). Also, i'll act as a neutral party between each of the three houses, since i'll be in a relative position of power if elected. Really, that's one of the only few ways of doing it, since the whole "PUT SO AND SO TO THE DEATH" thing could potentially be used to benefit one house over another.

Archonex on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    I retract any and all previous votes I may have had and I !vote for Rygar for the Imperial Seal.

Unknown User on