As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    I change my vote to Avaritia

:(

At least make it close, man.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hm.

Much as I don't trust either thorgot or precisionk, you're just as high on that list, Avaritia.

I'll switch my vote from thorgot to precisionk.

Hylianbunny on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for precisionk

Because I was promised 100 virgins.

Faricazy on
    edited March 2007
    Clearly you were misinformed.

A vote for precisionk ensures double that.

Hylianbunny on
  • AvaritiaAvaritia Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Puh.

A vote for Avaritia grants you n experienced girls, where n is the highest number you want to think of.

Avaritia on
    May contain sarcasm, irony, hyperboles, lies, slander, personal opinions, madness and crimes against grammar.
    ... and nuts.
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Avaritia wrote: »
    Puh.

A vote for Avaritia grants you n experienced girls, where n is the highest number you want to think of.

A vote for you is a vote for lots of prostitutes?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Puh.

That got some other people real far.

Elbonian Man on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Puh.

That got some other people real far.

Experience could also refer to age. 80 year old grandmothers by the truckload.

Or it could be more literal, as in actual experience points. You will be surrounded by girl geeks telling you what it's like to LARP as gay male alien vampires.

Cantide on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    I change my vote to Avaritia

:(

At least make it close, man.

I'm fighting the power! Besides, I was voting for precisionk before. You want your main rival to win? How conspiratorial of you.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for precisionk

naporeon on
    edited March 2007
    I think it's less that he wants to see precisionk win and more that he doesn't want to see Avaritia win.

Which, mind you, is why I changed my vote.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    I must do whatever I can against Avaritia and his dead Johnson buddies, even if that means helping a potential enemy.

I !retract my vote for Thorgot.

I !vote for PrecisionK.

Cantide on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Dizzen wrote: »
    I !vote Avarita

because she is a proclaimed Johnson.

You know I find it retarded that both PrecisionK and Thorgot ended up being Dongs.
    How have you discovered that precisionk is a Dong? I've been pouring over the votes and execution orders, and haven't yet been able to find that link. Please share?
    Senor Fish wrote:
    I am the Johnson Family Seer, I have just seered you and know you are a Johnson. The other Johnson I seered was killed. Last night I seered PrecisionK and he is a Dong, what are we gonna do about it?

Our network expanded to Titmouse when his brother died, but then he and Senor Fish got axed after we desperately decided to trust Thorgot since we knew PrecisionK was a Dong. The end result was we were screwed if we did and screwed if we didn't and Thorgot most likely viciously betrayed us. The Johnson network died with me.

Its like a chess game and all we have left is a Rook and a couple of pawns.
    I was kinda hoping for some logical, more concert conclusion, not your word. You kinda already squandered that when you declared yourself a Dong minor noble in Act 2, only to turn out to be a Johnson. It's no surprise that the Johnson vigilante would want slay you. Or maybe it was the Dong vigilante; considering that he killed me, it wouldn't be a surprise that you also got hit by 'friendly' fire.

Decided to trust thorgot? You voted thorgot the first day (but only after he offered the voting system and the double-vote-incentive, and others had already pointed out the possibility to use that double vote against thorgot), precisionk on day 2 (the same day you lied about your family, and voted to kill thorgot, although then switched it to titmouse after expressing a lack of faith that he would kill himself), then you started voting to thorgot. You've never been loyal to the guy, yet I don't remember ever seeing him vote against you.

Also, I don't understand the Fish quote; so he looked into RiemannLives, then PrecisionK, then you? Why would he have seered someone who didn't vote at all? Or you, who really hadn't created much splash, despite your efforts. I don't buy it.

Dizzen on
    edited March 2007
    Woah, just noticed something else. Rygarz said that Fish was sure that Precisionk was a johnson, yet from Fish's own post today, he said...
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    Day of the dead, huh?

Thorgot, Precision K, just to let you know. I know one of you is a Johnson, and the other, A Dong. But who is it? Slowly, fading...Can't stay much longerwee-ooo wee ooo wee ooo

HEGAHURGURK!
    Methinks that either you are definately lying, Rygarz, or you were played.

Dizzen on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    You mixed up Johnson and Dong there. Its still possible Thorgot was telling the truth and is a Johnson, but I am fairly sure PrecisionK is a Dong.

I actually posted I was a Johnson noble, and then edited it out when Senor Fish pmed me. PrecisionK was outed as Dong, so I then naturally turned to Thorgot. I was never in his camp before because I didnt know who to trust. I was just as likely to vote for PrecisionK as I was Thorgot BEFORE Senor Fish clarified things for me.

Unknown User on
    edited March 2007
    You mixed up Johnson and Dong there. Its still possible Thorgot was telling the truth and is a Johnson, but I am fairly sure PrecisionK is a Dong.

I actually posted I was a Johnson noble, and then edited it out when Senor Fish pmed me. PrecisionK was outed as Dong, so I then naturally turned to Thorgot. I was never in his camp before because I didnt know who to trust. I was just as likely to vote for PrecisionK as I was Thorgot BEFORE Senor Fish clarified things for me.
    ...what?
    If the order you previously posted was correct, then Fish wouldn't have had seered you yet. Why would he have pmed you to out precisionk as a dong, then pm you again explaining that fact again? Your lies aren't meshing very well.

Oh, and what exactly did I mix up? I'm not claiming that either of them is anything; merely pointing out that Fish himself couldn't be as certain as you claimed he was.

Dizzen on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rygar has a propensity for lying about PMs.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    After bandwagoning this long, I thought I'd give it some thought this time around and see if anything would change my tune.

Unfortunately, not yet.

I vote for precisionk.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bandwagon, ahoy!

I !retract my vote for Malkor and instead !vote for Avaritia. Mostly 'cause I want to see if this changes anything in the game. So crazy. So entertaining.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    vote for Avaritia
    Because I want the leaders to not be presionk or thorgot or any combination of the two.

Digger Dude on
    edited March 2007
    Haha, I just now realized how silly and inconsequential today was, beyond deciding the day on which certain people die.

The current vote tally I have is Avaritia 15, precisionk 13.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Heh.
    My very first post in this thread was one against precisionk. It was a labored post, one for which I spent far more quality time with my dictionary than I'd care to admit, in order to the the wording right. On day two, I was asked by my comrade-in-arms to vote for precisionk, yet rather than betray my own feelings, or draw attention and scorn to myself by not doing so, I abstained, pretending to have simply missed that vote. Yet now, I !vote for precisionk.
    Isn't that irony? It feels like irony.

Dizzen on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Haha, I just now realized how silly and inconsequential today was, beyond deciding the day on which certain people die.

With about 15 minutes to go, this is correct (well, 15-14 including Dizzen's)

Aroduc on
    edited March 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »

With about 15 minutes to go, this is correct (well, 15-14 including Dizzen's)

What, the inconsequentiality of it? ;)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for precisionk.

Mister Longbaugh on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I guess I !vote for precisionk even though he killed me. Jerk

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited March 2007
    THE PLOT THICKENS (gasp!)

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    If I'm counting correctly, we're at 15 for Avaritia, 16 for precisionk.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    I retract my vote for myself and I !vote for precisionk.

And I do this so it will be clear why I retract my execution order and:

I !ORDER AVARITIA FOR EXECUTION.

And if you survive tonight, we'll get you tomorrow, you bastard.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    I can read you like a book.

Aroduc on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Act 7 - The Day of the Dead

chinesefestival2uu3.jpg

Ancestors are important to venerate.

One day you'll be joining them.

Besides, there are far more of them than there are of the living.

Every civilization eventually goes through a phase of simultaneously worshipping and fearing their antecedants. Some of them build great Pyramids to forever guard them while in the land of the dead, while others tried to make sure that they never returned to the land of the living by sending them to the ocean in a giant pyre. What these things had in common was that they were all sent to their final destination in their own space... a home... or perhaps a prison to give the dead somewhere to belong to that was not with the living.

The Empire was somewhat more pragmatic about it, lacking enough stone to build great structures since it all went to The Wall, and not wanting to send their family to the ocean where they might meet Foreign Vampire Ghosts and get ideas about being dead. The only thing that the dead might know better than the living was how to die, and even amateurs seemed to be able to manage that on the first go. The spirits of the recently departed were simply here. Trying to get rid of them was akin to swatting at gnats.

The Day of the Dead Festival was not an occasion to send the dead on their way, but to invite their other ancestors to lead the newly departed to wherever the dead went. Where they went wasn't entirely certain, even among the dead, but they seemed mostly content with it, though complained frequently about the food. Presumably, this meant that there had to be someone who died at some point to find wherever they were supposed to go in the first place, but that was the kind of religious thinking that made people look at you funny if you shared it with others. It really wasn't clear what The Empire believed about the afterlife, only that they believed.

To prepare for the dead to return to The Empire, all the gates were thrown open, and a huge carnival was held in the palace courtyard. Nobody was turned away at this day, including any Vampire Ghosts that may have somehow made their way into the Empire. The Monks in charge of the festival somehow always made sure that there were plenty of trinkets and toys from beyond The Wall to remind people to pray for the dead. It was difficult getting people into the temples and even more difficult accumulating donations, so a healthy bribe or two between Vampire Ghosts and Monks certainly helped both parties. Among the festive masks and flashing fireworks, it was difficult to tell who numbered among the living, so even if anybody noticed, this was the day when ghosts were expected in the city anyway.

Fireworks were set off to the enjoyment of children and little crackers which spewed all matter of confetti were distributed. For the deeply grieving, party hats were also supplied along with cookies containing motivational messages like "Balance is important in all things," or "You are not illiterate." And perhaps most importantly, since it was always difficult to see those that had passed on, especially if you owed them money or had immediately remarried their sister, alcohol flowed in copious amounts.

To start off the Festival, a death was needed. Traditionally, it was a criminal against the Empire chosen by his august personange from the deepest cellars of the palace. This festival, the dubious honor fell to the current holder of the seal, who wasted no breath in naming the noble who had almost seized the hearts of the empire this day. Avaritia was trotted out, placed on her seat of honor, and fireworks stacked around her. Then, in one swift motion, the trap door below her dropped, the fireworks went up, and the dead poured into The Empire.

Hours later, Malkor was wondering about the drink he held in his hands. It was some concoction that he had bought from a gaudy stall of a Vampire Ghost and was told it was probably berry juice. It certainly didn't taste much like berries. It tasted like sweet liquid fire that warmed him through his stomach, and left him thirsty for more. After taking a sip, he demanded that the Vampire Ghost fill his entire mug, and looking slightly aghast (technically, since he -was- a Vampire Ghost, he was already a ghast, but he endevored to look even moreso), but not about to turn away easy money, he had complied.

Now floating on the wings of probably berries and in a general happy haze for his life, Malkor trundled on through the crowd. He gave a friendly wave to his first cousin who had died a year before, and saluted the lord Tong, who was busy trying to drink his father under the table, regardless of the fact that his father was was leaking beer out of multiple arrow wounds. Even the lord Hung was enjoying himself with some courtesians that he had put to death earlier in the month. Some things never changed, in this life or the next.

He made his way between the stalls until he came to a curious stall. It was draped with paper mache figures and had a jolly bright banner reading "Vampire Ghost Treats." The man behind the counter seemed somewhat familiar, but his features were obscured by a fake moustache, a pair of goggly eyed glasses, and further blurred by at least half a mug of brandy.

"Noble man like special drink? No charge! Come all way from Vampire Ghost home city. No charge for noble friend of Vampire Ghosts you are?" Complex conversation, especially with clearly a crazed Foreign Ghost, was well beyond Malkor at this time, and he simply waved his mug in the direction of the bottle. The strange man kept jabbering in his broken language while carefully pouring it into the mug. Due to Malkor's weaving arm, this was more difficult than it could have been and almost as much of the liquid ended up on the stall as they did in his drink. "Happy fortune to you, noble man, many fireworks bless your fruits." Sensing something had been lost in the translation somewhere, Malkor simply saluted the man with his mug and continued picking his way through the stalls.

In an hour, parts of the stall had melted into slag, and the strange man had disappeared entirely. Neither the living nor the dead could recall ever having seen him at all.

The next morning, the court convened, but something was different. Tension still hung high in the air, but the festival had cleansed their bodies and washed their souls free of ambition. Each man stood up in front of the podium and confessed the crimes he had committed this last week. The last to take the stand was DoNotPursueLuBu... and unliked all the others, confessed to being from the Johnson family and engaged to be married to CJ Iwakura because they were expecting a child. The collected Dong family stood and applauded this joyous news. A new life was to enter the world in place of those that had already been lost, and the child would carry the blood of both families and would unify The Empire for another glorious 1,000 years.

Precisionk was elected this round and immune to death.
    Avaritia was put to death by Thorgot.
    Malkor was killed and was a member of the Johnson Family.

At this point, DoNotPursueLuBu is the only Johnson left, and is the lover of CJ Iwakura.

The Dongs are victorious.

chinese20medicine201001oh5.jpg

Yeah, uh... good work Dongs I guess. I had sort of expected Thorgot or Precisionk to off the other as day 1 was developing, but they got in contact nearly immediately and from there, I'm not entirely certain how much of their iron fisted rule was orchestrated from behind the scenes or what.

The breakdown of the roles:
    Seers:
    D - Precisionk
    J - Senor Fish

Spies:
    D - Thorgot
    J - Avaritia

Brothers:
    D - Elbonian Man, Pata
    J - Titmouse, Zek

Lovers:
    D - cj iwakura
    J - DoNotPursueLuBu

Monks:
    D - Cantide
    J - TehSpectre

Corrupt Officials (you guys didn't even use your power, slackers)
    D - RonnieDobbs
    J - Cowboybot67

Executors:
    D - Hylianbunny
    J - Frosteey
    J - Malkor (day 5)

Turn breakdown

Day 1:
    Thorgot (D) elected
    Precisionk (D) seered thorgot (D)
    Senor Fish (J) seered Rygar (J)
    Hylianbunny (D) killed RiemannLives (J) (I forced this one since Hb didn't send me a kill and Riemann hadn't posted in the thread at all)
    Frosteey (J) killed Sleep (D)

Day 2:
    Thorgot (D) put Digger Dude (J) to death.
    Precisionk (D) elected
    Precisionk (D) seered Cowboyboy67 (J)
    Senor Fish (J) seered precisionk (D)
    Hylianbunny (D) killed Cowboybot67 (J)
    Frosteey (J) killed Zek (J)

Day 3:
    Precisionk (D) put Senor Fish (J) to death.
    Thorgot (D) AND Precisionk (D) elected
    Precisionk (D) seered Frosteey (J)
    Senor Fish (J) seered thorgot (D)
    Hylianbunny (D) AND Frosteey (J) killed Titmouse (J)
    Pata (D) killed for no posts in the last two days.

Day 4:
    Precisionk (D) and Thorgot (D) put Frosteey (J) to death.
    Thorgot (D) AND Precisionk (D) elected
    Precisionk (D) seered Hylianbunny (D)
    Hylianbunny (D) killed Rygar (J)
    Frosteey (J) killed TehSpectre (J)
    RonnieDobbs (D) killed for not posting in the last two days

Day 5:
    Precisionk (D) and Thorgot (D) put PsychoLarry1 (D) to death.
    Thorgot (D) elected
    Precisionk (D) seered Avaritia (J)
    Hylianbunny killed Dizzen (D)

Day 6:
    Day of the Dead
    Malkor (J) becomes executor (would have been DoNotPursueLuBu (J) if I had noticed to kill Malkor last turn)
    Precisionk (D) elected
    Thorgot (D) put Avaritia (J) to death.
    Hylianbunny (D) killed Malkor (J)
    Malkor (J) attempted to kill Precisionk(D) and failed because Cantide (D-Monk) alive) and because Precisionk was elected.

At this point, somehow the only (J) left alive is the lover DoNotPursueLuBu, and the best he can do is force a stalemate, so (D) wins.

I'm so sorry for that "ghast" pun, but I couldn't help myself.

Aroduc on
    edited March 2007
    Wow, I expected at least one more night. I will post my massive post in a few minutes.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow, Thorgot and I worked this WHOLE phalla.

We owned every single aspect and most of you hadn't a clue what was going on, until it was too late.

Dong rule for life.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    Man, I spent all this time waiting for the moment when my powers as a Monk would be useful, and the game's already over? Aww.

At least I got to protect the seer's life, even it didn't matter at all.

Cantide on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    Man, I spent all this time waiting for the moment when my powers as a Monk would be useful, and the game's already over? Aww.

You almost saved Precisionk's life. :P

Aroduc on
    edited March 2007
    Sorry about that teamkill, Dizzen. I was working off of precisionk's advice. :P

And up to then I had a perfect kill streak, too...XD

Hylianbunny on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Cantide wrote: »

You almost saved Precisionk's life. :P

Almost. :p

But really, I seered Thorgot after the first day. I was completely honest the whole game, yet none of you believed that I was the seer, when I blatantly told the truth the first day. Well after seering Thorgot, we simply manipulated our way to the vote, every single day. Sure, I befriended a lot of Johnson's, but it was the only way it could be.

Like I promised at the start of the game, I would do everything possible to win the game for the family, under my rule. I did as I promised and brought victory.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    This was what I knew the last day.
    Dong
    Definitely
    thorgot - spy
    precisionk - historian
    HylianBunny - vigilante
    Probably
    Elbonian Man – (Pata's brother?) (Extremely helpful.)
    Maybe
    cj iwakura (Dong Lover?)
    DoNotPursueLuBu (Johnson Lover?)
    Cantide – Always voting for me. - PROBABLY DONG MONK

No idea
    Archonex

Johnson

Definitely
    Avaritia
    Probably
    Suspicious
    Malkor
    B:L

Historians

PrecisionK
    thorgot (Dong spy)
    Cowboybot (Johnson, corrupt official?)
    Frosteey (Johnson Vigilante)
    Hylianbunny (Dong Vigilante)
    Avaritia (Johnson)

Senor Fish
    Rygar (Johnson)
    precisionk (Dong historian)
    thorgot (Dong spy) (died this night, couldn't tell his friends :D)
    DEAD
    DEAD

Vigilantes
    Frosteey
    Sleep (Dong)
    Zek (Johnson Brother)
    Pata (Dong Sister)
    TehSpectre (Johnson)
    DEAD

Hylianbunny
    RiemannLives (Johnson)
    Cowboybot (Johnson, corrupt official?)
    titmouse (Johnson Brother)
    Rygar (Johnson)
    Dizzen (Dong)
    Avaritia (Johnson)

thorgot/precisionk executions
    Digger Dude (thought he was the seer. could have been the spy)
    Senor Fish (Johnson Historian)
    Frosteey (Johnson Vigilante)
    PsychoLarry1 (Dong)
    Avaritia (Johnson)

I was an excellent spy, don't you think? :)

Good luck: precisionk seering his spy the first day, Fish getting the Dong spy on his third seer, Fish contacting me before seering me, Rygar contacting me, everybody contacting me, seering the Johnson vigilante by accident.

Our confirmed network was only 3 people! Though they were, arguably, the best 3 without the corrupt official. However, our suspected network (as you can see above), was much, much larger, due to people contacting me a few days ago.

I promised to answer a few questions:

Why I killed Digger Dude. I actually believed he was the Johnson historian due to his actions. I didn't want to say which historian I thought he was, because it was so early.

Why didn't you kill precisionk? Why didn't precisionk kill you? This should be fairly obvious. He seered me the first night. We used our rivalry to draw attention away from the fact that we were slaughtering Johnsons.

Funny story: I thought precisionk was the Johnson historian, messing with me. It would have been brilliant had he seered Rygar and then himself, and then me. Oh well.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    I'm honored to be considered one of the "best 3". :P

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    I'm not entirely certain how much of their iron fisted rule was orchestrated from behind the scenes or what.
    ALL of it. Any PMs he got he told me, and any PMs I got I told him.

I was really surprised it took everybody that long to figure out we were in league. I almost expected accusations of being brothers as early as night 3.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg