As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Yeah, Hargaad skipped Diana, so how about you Rengar more about it.

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Looks like Rengar is delayed. Shame cause he is the first champ that I will have to buy right away.

• Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to have a new beard for every tournament I cast

League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Hargaad, your avatar makes me want to wash my hands it's so dirty!

Also, second time now that I have absolutely destroyed a lane playing with Ezreal with a Sona support. This time though I was laning with a PA person instead of solo queue. I'm starting to think this is a real thing, not a fluke. Both times I feel like I got carried by the Sona making it so easy to get kills.

EzrealcarriedbySona.png

It helps that Kabitzy is a very good support.

That game. Yorick ults the carry. the carry KILLS EVERYONE.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

I demand the Ambrose Burnside.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    I bought Nashor's Tooth on Teemo (over Wit's End) and JUNGLE ORIANNA quite regularly. I tried it on Diana but didn't like it, either in the jungle or in mid.

Guys, Jungle Ori should be a thing it's awesome.

Hmm.. didn't think about it on Diana, a friends been playing her a lot so I'll have to insist on giving it a shot, it seems like it makes sense on her but I didn't think she really built AS at all since it's nice early but she seems way more magey post 6. It's still really cheap for 25% CDR, but then it kinda makes either choice of item built from the pick kinda overkill on the CDR front and each is really solid.
    As someone pointed out in the last thread, building AS on Diana isn't as attractive because of the way her passive AS buff works. Still, the other stats are pretty solid on her, and an early Stinger (or Fiendish Codex) could be helpful.

It's probably better in the jungle than in lane, especially early on. Unholy Chalice shits all over it mid, though, while giving much the same stats, except MR instead of AS. You're not going to get much use for AS in mid.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Can we vote on crazy things for you to yell out when something exciting happens?

• Options

Schuss, below is how I imagine you waiting for him to grow this style of beard.
    6ke5i.gif

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Jungleskye wrote: »
    Looks like Rengar is delayed. Shame cause he is the first champ that I will have to buy right away.

Why do you say that?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Below is the preview of abilities for the new champion after rengar.

Passive: (Thanks to xgribbelfix & Naekos for confirmation)
    Abilities on maximun level gain bonus effects:
    Dark Sphere: Deals 20% bonus damage against Champions.
    Willpower : Knock an enemy in the air for a short time.
    Dispersing of the Weak: Works on a 50% wider area.

Q: Dark Sphere 40 mana | 5s cooldown Conjures a dark sphere, dealing 70 (+16)[.55] magic damage. The sphere lasts for up to 8 seconds long and can be manipulated by Syndra's other abilities.

W: Willpower 60 mana | 12s cooldown First activation: Grabs a dark sphere or enemy minion.

Second Activation: Hurls a dark sphere, or minion. Enemies struck take 80 (+19)[.6] magic damage and are slowed by 25% for 2 seconds.

E: Dispersing of the Weak 50 mana | 14s cooldown Deals 60 (+13)[.5] magic damage and flings back opponents and dark spheres. Enemies hit by spheres are stunned for 1.5 seconds.

R: Unleashed Power 100 Mana 100s cooldown Syndra uses all her cataclysmic might and all her dark spheres to deal 70 (9)[.2] magic damage ( at the minimum of 210 (28)[.6] to one enemy champion.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Miniwolf wrote: »

Schuss, below is how I imagine you waiting for him to grow this style of beard.
    6ke5i.gif

Mostly accurate, but I work from home now so no tie/collar.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Just finished a ranked game where I did horribly mid as Zyra early game. Lost 2 blue buffs in a row almost as soon as I got them to Swain. I wasn't getting crushed in lane, it was just bad timing where I would go all in against Swain right after blue buffs and the first time we killed each other but the 2nd he got me and lived. Our Udyr jungle gave me a bit of shit about it but didn't rage on me too hard. I told them no excuses I'll play better. Ended up 10/5/9 from 5/5/5 early and helped carry us to a fairly easy win. Never rage. Don't make excuses, don't blame others, and you can bounce back from anything except the biggest hole.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Diggin' orb lady's kit. Two AoE knocks = brutal counter init. She's like bizarro xin.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Diggin' orb lady's kit. Two AoE knocks = brutal counter init. She's like bizarro xin.

She's day 1 for me.
    Bot games where my entire goal is to kill people by throwing minions at them...

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Gonna throw so many barons at people.

Dont care if i cant. Gonna do it anyway.

• Options
    She'll probably be powerful in a solo lane for the poke factor and the fact it's basically a deny to get your wave pushing.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    nashors on diana is to support your ap from elsewhere

its a big boost to ap ratio application because it boosts both passive and abilities

i wouldn't get it first item probs

i am thinking a very fun teemo build now will be LORD SHROOM TEEMO which is a variant of what i used to play

get 15% cdr from masteries/runes

malady nashors deathcap rylais void staff

rylais means you can stack shrooms closer together because people take longer to move from shroom to shroom once hit due to the snare keke

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Poppy used to be able to do this.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

Poppy used to be able to do this.

why did they remove that? bleh.. riot being anti-fun....

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Patch notes, stolen from the TeamLiquid thread:Kayle
    Righteous Fury
    Ability Power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2

Oh damn!

Also, second time now that I have absolutely destroyed a lane playing with Ezreal with a Sona support. This time though I was laning with a PA person instead of solo queue. I'm starting to think this is a real thing, not a fluke. Both times I feel like I got carried by the Sona making it so easy to get kills.

Just don't try that against Taric. He's just gonna kill you.

I dunno, first time I ran that lane was against Taric+Corki and it worked out just fine. I'm not as scared of Taric as other people are, maybe because I play lots of Sivir?

EzrealcarriedbySona.png

It helps that Kabitzy is a very good support.

I DID write that she carried the lane =\

• Options
    Problem is Sona has to get in Taric's stun range to harass, and she's SQUISHY. Like, Taric/Corki should stun and blow her up so fast it's ridiculous.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Patch notes, stolen from the TeamLiquid thread:Kayle
    Righteous Fury
    Ability Power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.2

Oh damn!

Just don't try that against Taric. He's just gonna kill you.

I dunno, first time I ran that lane was against Taric+Corki and it worked out just fine. I'm not as scared of Taric as other people are, maybe because I play lots of Sivir?

I figure that Sona is one of those champs who doesn't really give a fluff about Taric's armor buff, since she harasses with magic damage.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Problem is Sona has to get in Taric's stun range to harass, and she's SQUISHY. Like, Taric/Corki should stun and blow her up so fast it's ridiculous.

Are you sure her range Q range and Taric's stun range are the same? Didn't the recently increase the range on it in her last buff? Also, that assumes some perfect split second timing of the stun from Taric.

After having played Ez a good bit, I think a lot of the lane hinges on his ability to lay harass on the enemy ADC or support. Like in my game vs Corki + Taric, I kept Corki at 1/2 hp whenever he was in lane. SURE, he could all-in Sona, but every time he did we traded their ADC for my support.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So that new champ is Kassadin's daughter, right? I knew I saved my IP for a reason!

Edit: Oh man, she really looks like a hybrid of Orianna and Malz. I am going to be buying her so hard when she comes out.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »

yeh, that's usually how it plays out. with that being said, sona is #2 (winningest) support, just don't do it against {corki,graves or ez}/taric. best counter to taric has got to be leona, and even then it's a tough lane if adc+taric don't overextend. sivir can be a decent counter, depending on how good you are at spell-shielding, but even then, it only takes one to wiggle through before you have a problem.

• Options
    As someone who plays a lot of taric, you counter him by playing passive, as between his shield and the stun/burst you probably won't be winning direct engages. You know what shuts him down? Not getting assists. That or an aggressive soraka silencing him while you harass. Sona should just be able to sit and sustain her AD with few issues. As I'm getting back up to form on things, I'm reminded of how powerful a passive farm lane is mentally, as if you're patient in most games, the other team will make some sort of idiotic dive.
    Sivir is a hard counter as well, as any semi-decent one will be able to spellshield the stun, though in that case it means sona has to play behind sivir.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Is Udyr still good? I never see him in queue or anything, but it's his free week and he was very nice in a bot game.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    He's a good top laner, and a good counter jungler, but IMO of the counter jungling main dudes(Mundo, Shyvana, Udyr) he lacks the end game of the other two out of the jungle. He's too easy to kite and his team fight is less potent than theirs, just imo.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    Is Udyr still good? I never see him in queue or anything, but it's his free week and he was very nice in a bot game.

Woodman, is still good. He is easy and safe [inappropriate joke of your choice here]. He ganks are strong, he can initiate fights by bear stancing different people. He can peal, he can dive. All round he is good. He is jack off all trades.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    VBKyj.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    On another note, why buying a last whisper is often not the best choice on certain champs like kogmaw. LET YOUR MINDS BE BLOWN!

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/gentleman-gustaf/21273-yelling-about-last-whisper

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    VBKyj.png

Does it hurt to be that awesome?

Also; with the Teemo toxic shot buff, I am going back to playing Teemo almost exclusively, and everyone else can suck eggs.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Woodman, is still good. He is easy and safe [inappropriate joke of your choice here]. He ganks are strong, he can initiate fights by bear stancing different people. He can peal, he can dive. All round he is good. He is jack off all trades.

Yeah, he's not super strong, but brings a lot of utility which is nice. Flash bear punch is extremely satisfying. He's still one of the top 3 junglers I prefer to play, but lately whenever I've been grouped with another udyr they've focused tiger which is really meh IMO.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    VBKyj.png

This. Is. Awesome.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

Yeah, he's not super strong, but brings a lot of utility which is nice. Flash bear punch is extremely satisfying. He's still one of the top 3 junglers I prefer to play, but lately whenever I've been grouped with another udyr they've focused tiger which is really meh IMO.

You have not seen the beauty of El Tigre top lane. Top lane Tiger Udyr beats a lot of people. Mainly Autoattackers, but still, his level 1 kill potential is unparalleled. And if you get ahead, they can't even sit in lane. If you get behind, just max turtle and be immovable. It's fun.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    oh my god

That AP Teemo buff, 0.4 ratio per shot is just insane. I'm going to wreck so many more people now.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm kind of hoping that Riot changes Syndra's splash art a little bit before her release, she looks a lot like a Diana skin at the moment. Case in point;

vRiQU.jpg

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    yeah I thought it was a joke at first since she even has the three orbs floating around her thing going on.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »

You have not seen the beauty of El Tigre top lane. Top lane Tiger Udyr beats a lot of people. Mainly Autoattackers, but still, his level 1 kill potential is unparalleled. And if you get ahead, they can't even sit in lane. If you get behind, just max turtle and be immovable. It's fun.

Ah, sorry, yeah, I meant in the jungle, I haven't seen lane udyr in a really long time.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Maxing tiger first in jungle takes away one of udyr's biggest strengths, which is his crazy fast clear for counterjungling. If you want to gank hard, there are better junglers. I've seen people do it, but it's dumb imo. You can go tiger second over turtle I suppose, but your sustain won't be as good.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    This game needs a "I never want to play with this person again" list. I believe in the tribunal system, but it takes a few games for people to get their punishment. In the interim, I would just prefer to be sure to never, ever, play with that person again.

PS I don't believe that people can/will reform in lol. The whole report detail for banned people is interesting, but I think it effectively does nothing. People know why they are banned. Oh man I called everyone on my team noob faggots every 3 seconds while trolling them with an AD karma build. I wonder what I could have possibly done to get me banned? ITS A LEGIT STRATEGY.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.