As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Yeah, Hargaad skipped Diana, so how about you Rengar more about it.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    one small moment of rage:
    against a 3 man premade with ali/rumble/nid
    I'm udyr, and they just rape my upper jungle over and over, catching out my mid and top. It's my fault. 100%. W-T-F

wanna duo

Not today, I'm in a bad mood and playing terribly.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I just lost my temper for the first time in months

Duo queueing with Varega, he is first pick, takes Rengar jungle

Fourth pick grabs Lee SIn because he 'called jungle' (he typed it before we had all entered the room)

so I am left with Cait on bottom 1v2 against Ezreal and Taric

We invade and pick up three kills, Lee Sin roams to the lanes of the people he's on Vent with and steals kills from them, leaves me alone, the only time he comes bot he actually dies to Ezreal after dying

When I tell him I need help he cites his score and blames me for losing the lane

Then he tells me that me and my 'butt buddy' suck and reveals that he is trioing with the other people in the game, who have joined in on shitting on me for losing bot at this point

I ask Varega if he gives a shit, he doesn't.

I sells all my item, buy six boots of speed, tell him that he may have the most kills but I have the most SPEED, and run down the lane

zero fucks given, see y'all when Syndra comes out and probably past that.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    I just lost my temper for the first time in months

Duo queueing with Varega, he is first pick, takes Rengar jungle

Fourth pick grabs Lee SIn because he 'called jungle' (he typed it before we had all entered the room)

so I am left with Cait on bottom 1v2 against Ezreal and Taric

We invade and pick up three kills, Lee Sin roams to the lanes of the people he's on Vent with and steals kills from them, leaves me alone, the only time he comes bot he actually dies to Ezreal after dying

When I tell him I need help he cites his score and blames me for losing the lane

Then he tells me that me and my 'butt buddy' suck and reveals that he is trioing with the other people in the game, who have joined in on shitting on me for losing bot at this point

I ask Varega if he gives a shit, he doesn't.

I sells all my item, buy six boots of speed, tell him that he may have the most kills but I have the most SPEED, and run down the lane

zero fucks given, see y'all when Syndra comes out and probably past that.

I literally have only seen 1 other time where my team were this childlike (and that was a PA game too). These people were awful, and then when taric ezreal are combind like 10/0/10, they are surprised.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I sells all my item, buy six boots of speed

Here Cass, this should cheer you up

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i have to admit i started laughing when they all started crying about how i was 'literally the most immature person they had ever seen' and 'we totally had that if not for shitty cait troll three reports coming your way'

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    A couple of notes about CDR boots on sona.

Her Cooldowns are already pretty low to start with.

Sona is seriously squishy, unless you're tons ahead like 5-6 kills in lane and even then, with the meta being what it is most of the time you'll end up vs a team were more then half of them have some form of CC. Merc treads are always better because you're going to have to get in close to get a good ult.

Sona is one of the few champions were I have learned that an early kindle gem, for health and CD is better then rushing aegis and just dying all the time. If you watch some of the higher elo players, they'll in most cases start faerie charm, wards, but ignore the philo stone and rush an early HoG in order not to die so damn much. A double dorans graves can 100-0 sona with his combo unless you have a early ruby crystal. Not a huge fan of chalice, either. My current build order on Sona looks like this. Faerie charm, 4 green 1 pot (unless its a super aggressive lane then i'll take more pots and one less ward). first back is either ruby crystal and wards or HoG and wards. Then boots, philo. After that I'll get an early kindle gem. from their my route changes depending on who I am up against. I have a couple of build paths. Thanks to TSM Xspecial and watching his stream an early zeks on a AD heavy team is an option via the kindle gem unless I want to get an early shur for engages - disengages if the other team has a lot of mobility.

A final build on Sona for me will look something like Merc treds, Aegis, Shurelya's, HoG, MR/Armor Item, Wards. I feel like if I have any more then this then I really havn't warded enough or the other team is getting stomped so hard I have no idea why they haven't surrendered yet.

I'm not sure I agree with Merc treads on Sona on Summoner's rift. I like the rest of your build alot though and I think it's the best build for Sona. My thinking for taking CDR boots is that it's important to get as close to 40% CDR as you can on Sona and Shurelya's isn't enough on its own. You want CDR because it directly increases your damage/healing and it increases the uptimes on your activated buffs. More CDR gives you more Ws and Es to throw out and it also lets you ult more often which is your primary way to win team fights. You take CDR boots over other CDR items as there's not really anything that's good for Sona that has CDR besides Reverie (unless you want to build Frozen Heart which is very very rare).

-35% CC reduction won't save you in team fights if you get caught out and why are you being CCed in the first place? If you're out of position, any slow or stun will end with you dead even when reduced and if they're CCing you in the middle of a team fight, you should be happy they're leaving the rest of the team alone. Once you've gotten off a good ult, you've done a majority of your contribution and any CCs on you are pretty much wasted. If you're using your ult to initiate, some CC reduction might be nice but your ult is better used to follow up on some one else's initiation or to counter initiate. Ideally you want to hit 2-3 of them and that's easiest to do right after everyone commits.

For Dominion Tank Sona, I think Treads are great though I sometimes still take CDR boots. You build Triforce/Aegis and then laugh as enemy tanky dps jumps on you while your team wins teamfights thanks to your buffs.

Korror on
    Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    I sells all my item, buy six boots of speed

Here Cass, this should cheer you up
    "Fiscal responsibility" always makes me laugh, because he's totally talking about paying for hookers.

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    i have to admit i started laughing when they all started crying about how i was 'literally the most immature person they had ever seen' and 'we totally had that if not for shitty cait troll three reports coming your way'

Well, if your case ever does make the Tribunal, it should be dismissed by the fact that they're using the reporting system to attack you with a threat.

• Options
    Oh, if it makes you feel any better, Cass, this is how I play ADC:
    walking-through-doors-is-getting-increasingly-hard-for-americans.gif

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Oh solo que. How I missed you. I held a yorick top to even kills and even cs as jayce. As soon as a teamfights starts. Triple kills, murders everyone. Wth?

Also, I was the only one buying wards. This is at 1200 elo.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

Saw that. It needs to be thrown into an announcement in-game or something.
    Oh, if it makes you feel any better, Cass, this is how I play ADC:
    walking-through-doors-is-getting-increasingly-hard-for-americans.gif

Okay, if I ever own a building with sliding doors, they are totally going to slide inward just for lols. (Even better, have a toggle switch)

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm getting really fed up of seeing Ezreal in almost every game at the moment. Is there some secret method to countering an AD carry with a longer range flash on a <20 second cooldown?

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    I'm getting really fed up of seeing Ezreal in almost every game at the moment. Is there some secret method to countering an AD carry with a longer range flash on a <20 second cooldown?

CC and smash? Ezreal has always been slippery... I guess there's also chasing with an even longer range move (Tristana's Rocket Jump, barring wall shenanigans, since Ezreal can get extra range by blinking most of the way past a wall I believe).

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I saw a Trundle that didn't have the last name Bot.

I KNOW! I keep telling myself I'm going to get him, but there's so many champs <= 3150 that I never get to his price.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    We did team atypical.
    I1KwE.png
    AS lulu mid
    Karma top
    Poppy support
    AD malz
    Jungle Kayle

I am sad didn't get to finish my build (bloodrazor and warmog) and pew pew more.

W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    "Into the fray!"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    I figured I'd get jayce before he got nerfed. Ohh lord he needs nerfing.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I want to hear less talk about the state of Jayce, and more talk about how he is the bar every champion should strive for.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I fucking HATE playing Jayce

but I want more champions like him

He is a really cool champ even though he's not my cup of tea

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I think Jayce's ability-switching tech could work nicely for a Karma remake.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I fucking HATE playing Jayce

but I want more champions like him

He is a really cool champ even though he's not my cup of tea

I love champions with interesting kits, but Jayce's OPness makes me fear it'll be a while before another.

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I think Jayce's ability-switching tech could work nicely for a Karma remake.

Lose the mantra system and make it so R switches her between a light and a dark mode with one being utility and the other damage.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DeviousRakunDeviousRakun Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I fucking hate Jayce, but that's not important because maybe I won't have to for much longer! What runes do you guys use for your AP mids? Should the magic pen come from the marks or the quints? I just bought Rumble and I'm loving every second of him but would magic pen be the better quint in that situation due to his ultimate? I'm pretty clueless, so any tips would be much appreciated.

DeviousRakun on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I fucking hate Jayce, but that's not important because maybe I won't have to for much longer! What runes do you guys use for your AP mids? Should the magic pen come from the marks or the quints? I just bought Rumble and I'm loving every second of him but would magic pen be the better quint in that situation due to his ultimate? I'm pretty clueless, so any tips would be much appreciated.

Right now I usually go raw AP with armor and MR. One sec while I run some numbers.

Edit: Quick calculation on Annie's Q, assuming 30 MR on enemy. 30 AP or 10 MPen. AP give 16 more damage after resists. MPen gives 8.3% increased damage, and so AP will do more damage early on (For Annie. With 0 AP, MPen doesn't overtake flat AP until rank 4 of Q). (Also, of course, the MPen damage increase gets lower the more MR they have, since you're reducing their effective HP by a lower percentage, etc.) Void staff and the 10% mastery are far more useful. Nobody builds Void Scepter in my games, and it saddens me. 40% penetration never goes out of style. Even if they have no MR items, it greatly reduces the damage you need to kill them. (For someone at 80 MR or so from runes/masteries/base, that's a good 3x% of their base HP less base damage needed)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't dodge that game because my team picked top and mid first.

I would dodge that game because the enemy team has a bloody scary line up.

I should clarify, too, lest this comes across the wrong way - The dodge impulse came on not because they picked top and mid first, but because they called it. There's a certain kind of mindset behind that, where someone thinks they are just God's gift to the team and their superior skills require them to pick a solo carry position in spite of all common sense and risk of counterpicking. Fuck that. God forbid you (politely, even) tell them "hey, I was hoping to take mid or bot with this last pick so I can counterpick" - they don't like that one bit.

"MID OR I FEED"

I know I didn't give the Cass a chance, and I wasn't really in position as 3rd pick to make that suggestion anyways. But meh.
    Anope. First picks have the prerogative to take whatever role they want. If they want a counterable lane, it's on them to take a champion that has few counters/overall positive matchups, which both WW and Cass qualify as. If the picks work out such that the first top picks took the ADC/Support instead, that's great, but it was their choice.
    also: Jungle mundo build?
    I used to use this, but it does rely on Mundo getting ahead to work, which he can do pretty easily but is not guaranteed:
    0/21/9
    AS reds and armor yellows
    E, W(farm)/Q(gank), W, E, E, R. R > E > W > Q.
    Vamp
    Boots1, Boots2
    Kindlegem -> SV
    Kindlegem -> Zeke's
    Warmog's
    FoN+armor item of choice (Atma's olol)

If you don't get ahead, you don't get tanky enough. If you do get ahead, you murder.

If you want a more conservative/tanky start, everything same except items:
    Boots1
    HoG
    (Oracle's)
    Boots2
    Kindlegem->SV
    Warmog's
    FoN+Randuin's+Mallet

I'm starting to favor the latter tbh, though it does place a little more pressure on you health wise when jungling.
    If you are second pick in draft, ban Shen, Jayce, and Ezreal. Let Ali through.

The other thing you can do is take an AD carry whose early damage comes from abilities, so if Ez tries to force W trades, they can still shoot him. (Trist comes to mind, though not ideal. I might want to try Kog if I had Leona or Taric for safety.)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Played a couple Anivia bot games and then went live. Yikes. :(

Especially bad because once you screw up, your team's not letting you have blue. It's a vicious circle of bad bad bad.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I really like the Nasus/Veigar style Q. And partially Annies.

Where last-hitting with a specific ability does something cool. And it makes the choice in lane whether to go farming or harass much more strategic.

Also, Veigar is super-fun late-game when you have the full combo and can just go "YOU DIE NOW"

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »

Where last-hitting with a specific ability does something cool. And it makes the choice in lane whether to go farming or harass much more strategic.

Also, Veigar is super-fun late-game when you have the full combo and can just go "YOU DIE NOW"

Its amusing that bruiser builds are doubly better than glass cannon when Veigar's around. They might survive.

• Options

I still miss old bankplank.

Although honestly you always feel real bad about harassing with an ability like that.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Why did noone tell me about lee sin? Out of all the other junglers I've used, Lee just seems unmatched. Good damage, good support, good everything =\

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

Although honestly you always feel real bad about harassing with an ability like that.

4 avarice blades go.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

4 avarice blades go.
    Yeah, I mean, you can still do it sorta these days but it's just not the same.

201204141622Win.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular

I felt bad about it until I started getting zoned hard when the other mid knew what I was doing and why I wasn't harassing them with it. Also I max Veigars W last, so I just have the ult, stun, or the Q until 8, and even then the W isn't great. Sometimes you just gotta get of a warning shot to prove you're serious.

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    I need advice how can you solo queue Jungle in this game
    I've lost 3 times in a row now as Shaco because my team members just do not understand how to set up a gank
    In my last two games bottom gave up first and second blood before I even finished blue buff (that is before 2:50 in the game)
    By the time I come around to gank they are already being outplayed so much I don't know what to do,
    Jungle is the most infuriating position to play

• Options
    Franko wrote: »
    I've lost 3 times in a row now as Shaco because my team members just do not understand how to set up a gank
    In my last two games bottom gave up first and second blood before I even finished blue buff (that is before 2:50 in the game)
    By the time I come around to gank they are already being outplayed so much I don't know what to do,

Play a champ that isn't as team reliant as shaco. That's the best you can do really. Someone who can invade like Mundo or Nunu so you have something to do that's productive when every lane pushes to tower and bitches at you for not ganking.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular

Yeah my advice would be stop playing Shaco, he's a pretty bad champ who mostly just gets fed off bad players in bad games. He's almost useless after laning without being extremely fed and even then they can catch up on him quickly.

Of course, if your team is that bad it doesn't matter who you play. Try Maokai or Lee Sin or something, someone who can initiate at range and take a few hits.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Why did noone tell me about lee sin? Out of all the other junglers I've used, Lee just seems unmatched. Good damage, good support, good everything =\
    He's terribly easy to fail with mechanically, and if he doesn't snowball hard from ganks he's far less useful than a tank jungler.
    Mahnmut wrote: »
    Played a couple Anivia bot games and then went live. Yikes. :(

Especially bad because once you screw up, your team's not letting you have blue. It's a vicious circle of bad bad bad.
    Walls make me angry :O Anivia is one of the champions I just cannot play at all.

• Options
    Don't play Shaco. He's an assassin and while you can snowball off that to carry bads, it's much harder to do in jungle. If your team is derping real hard, there's only so much you can do. Pick a bruiser/killer if you're confident about snowballing (Darius, Riven, etc) or pick a tank that brings heavy CC if you instead want to make it braindead about the team following up on the gank (like Naut or Maokai).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.