As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hong Kong [chat]

1929394959698»

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    absinthe is great

it is much more complex than just the anise/black licorice of anisette/pastis

if you are some sort of brutish mongoloid who cannot analyze these heavenly flavors, all the worse for you guys

you sound almost as bad as the kind of troglodytes who cannot appreciate chartreuse

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    So one of my good friends pulled a hamstring pretty badly.

Is it bad that I find it hilarious since she did it while practicing pole dancing?

Nope, tell her to alternate ice and heat.

Also tell her "hahahahahahahaha" and point.

There should be no guilt when friends hurt themselves in trivial ways doing dumb things. Since rest is the most common answer to a common-ass torn hammy, you're allowed full haha latitude. You have to remove hahas for worse injuries, though. Thems the rules.

Yeah she knows what to do but she is bummed that she may miss...

Pole Expo

An actual thing!

Which is beyond my understanding.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    I honestly think Iron Man is the movie that you should be watching to go into Avengers with

Pretty much.

The first Iron Man is both the best pre-Avengers Marvel movie and the closest to the Avengers in tone, IMO. Robert Downey Jr snark and Joss Whedon snark are a match made in heaven.

Arguably you should definitely watch Iron Man 2 as well, because it introduces you to a lot of the background characters.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    we watched all of the movies before avengers. we liked them all, too, though some were obviously stronger films than others.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright, I have a confession to make:

I have been trolling you guys all these years.

I am actually a deeply religious 50-year-old hard-working Southern farmer with traditional family values and a deep-seated mistrust of technology. I am overflowing with provincial charm and wisdom and have a strong attachment to common sense.

If you are overflowing with provincial wisdom, then surely you could share some with this hapless city slicker.

They say 'That dog won't hunt."

Is that...is that true?

followup question

Will snow peas respond negatively to indoor temperature changes between 90 and 55 degrees? I realize they're a hardy plant, but I feel I'm really putting that resilience to the test. What are your thoughts on this?

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    god id fuck chris evans as captain america until i had to climb off his dick to give birth to our defect riddled baby

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I loved Iron Man, and also enjoyed Iron Man 2, and then I thought maybe I should watch the other pre-avengers movies before watching the Avengers when it comes out on bluray. I watched Captain America today and thought it was just OK. Should I watch the Hulk movies and/or Thor? Thor in particular didn't look that good to me, and I feel like there is a limit to how many super hero origin movies I can watch in any kind of close proximity (I recently saw xmen first class for the first time).

thor is a good idea since so much of the avengers plot is tied to it. you'll still be able to understand what's going on even if you don't see it but it adds some flavor to the movie. It was merely okay though, sort of fun just because how goofy and weird it is.

I think only the edward norton hulk movie is tied to the avengers (I might be wrong) but it's probably the least relevant to the movie. maybe it's good see so that you can marvel (ha!) at how much better ruffalo is at hulk than edward norton. the movie has some cool fights but it sort of weak overall.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Alright, I have a confession to make:

I have been trolling you guys all these years.

I am actually a deeply religious 50-year-old hard-working Southern farmer with traditional family values and a deep-seated mistrust of technology. I am overflowing with provincial charm and wisdom and have a strong attachment to common sense.

If you are overflowing with provincial wisdom, then surely you could share some with this hapless city slicker.

They say 'That dog won't hunt."

Is that...is that true?

followup question

Will snow peas respond negatively to indoor temperature changes between 90 and 55 degrees? I realize they're a hardy plant, but I feel I'm really putting that resilience to the test. What are your thoughts on this?

As to the second question;

that dog won't hunt.

• Options
    although I enjoyed thor a bit more because whathisface was so goddamn good looking

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    absinthe is great

if you are some sort of brutish mongoloid who cannot analyze these heavenly flavors, all the worse for you guys

you sound almost as bad as the kind of troglodytes who cannot appreciate chartreuse

I can taste nothing but anise in absinthe, but I've only had one kind and I don't know if it was good.

I love chartreuse. Loooooooove. Although the anise flavour still seems overwhelming in the green.

• Options
    Why is pole dancing a dumb thing? It is apparently fun and good exercise.

lookit this bait

I don't understand

Are you mad about poles

Was Hitler wrong for invading them first or was Poland just dressed provocatively?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    god id fuck chris evans as captain america until i had to climb off his dick to give birth to our defect riddled baby

Cass has a thing for 100 year old men.

• Options

Chris Evans' genes would work double-time to correct yours, the baby would come out as strong as Captain America.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I loved Iron Man, and also enjoyed Iron Man 2, and then I thought maybe I should watch the other pre-avengers movies before watching the Avengers when it comes out on bluray. I watched Captain America today and thought it was just OK. Should I watch the Hulk movies and/or Thor? Thor in particular didn't look that good to me, and I feel like there is a limit to how many super hero origin movies I can watch in any kind of close proximity (I recently saw xmen first class for the first time).

thor is a good idea since so much of the avengers plot is tied to it. you'll still be able to understand what's going on even if you don't see it but it adds some flavor to the movie. It was merely okay though, sort of fun just because how goofy and weird it is.

I think only the edward norton hulk movie is tied to the avengers (I might be wrong) but it's probably the least relevant to the movie. maybe it's good see so that you can marvel (ha!) at how much better ruffalo is at hulk than edward norton. the movie has some cool fights but it sort of weak overall.

Hulk suffered from being released after Iron Man, but before Marvel really knew what they had.

So the tie-in elements are minimal, easily overlooked, and rendered null and void by the proceedings.

Which is to say, Edward Norton is excellent and I love his Hulk movie a great deal; but it's easily the "if you must miss one, miss this one".

Tamin on
  • Options
    although I enjoyed thor a bit more because whathisface was so goddamn good looking

Yes

Thor is definitely a good movie for the eye-candy

Both the human eye-candy and the special effects

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    absinthe is great

Absinthe isn't terrible, but the interesting flavors lurking in the background just aren't enough to overcome the anise flavor, which I just can't abide in anything.

Chartreuse is pretty tasty, although I have a fairly strong preference for the yellow style.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So, my nephew's mom, who abandoned him as a 6 month old baby, is dying of AIDS. She's got about a week left according to her doctors. My mom was crying even though my mom got treated miserably by this woman. Me, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Nothing right now. Not sure I'll feel more than that later.

EDIT: Just so you guys know, she contracted AIDS long after Damon was born. Damon is 15 now.

It isn't a clean death. People do shitty things in life. But really dying of the co-infections with AIDS is painful, demeaning and sad. I would probably send condolences and at least help talk to your mom.

Related but not directed at you...

How the fuck is she dying of AIDS in a first world country? Treatment is available. Did she refuse treatment? Did she never ever get tested? Is she refusing any last ditch treatment to get your CD4+ count up while also minimizing the secondary infection? Was she never in the system? Is she transient? This bugs me big time.

I know. I'm calling my mom when I get off work.

I don't really know the specifics. She was diagnosed a number of years ago, but I've had 0 contact. She was a prostitute for many years, and would disappear for years at a time. She came back once a few years ago and made a big ruckus with the courts about getting custody of my nephew back, but she has never kicked her drug habits, so all she managed to do was really upset him since he was afraid of living with her.

She sounds like someone that universe shat on and couldn't handle.

But that has 0 relevance when it comes to her right towards access of care. And that is what is bugging me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

he's so 'gee whiz gosh darn'

unnf

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I wanted to register monkeydick.com and it was taken. Outraged, I went to find out who took monkeydick.

NYC improv team from the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre

Formerly Featuring:
    Curtis Gwinn, Matt DeCoster, John Gemberling, Neil Casey, Rob Lathan, Andy Rocco, Will Hines
    Formerly Formerly Featuring:
    Brian Berrebbi, Brett Gelman, Dyna Moe, Jane Borden, Mitch Magee, Pete Bosniak, Sara Jacobs

The only name I know in that list is Brett Gelman. So I'm putting all the blame on Gelman. Why, Gelman?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    @Ludious you should send me the thing you wrote. I have done professional editing and taught writing, plus I pretended to study literature for my degree. I could give helpful feedback.

uhh it's in my sig brosef.

I HAVE SIGS TURNED OFF LIKE ANY RATIONAL HUMAN
    pMNKM.jpg

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Watch Thor. It's not fantastic but it's fun.

Thor is pretty good, and while it is kind of boring it looks simply fantastic.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Hey, why did Ed Norton turn down the role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers movie? He must have known it would be a big hit. A billion dollar hit.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I wanted to register monkeydick.com and it was taken. Outraged, I went to find out who took monkeydick.

NYC improv team from the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre

Formerly Featuring:
    Curtis Gwinn, Matt DeCoster, John Gemberling, Neil Casey, Rob Lathan, Andy Rocco, Will Hines
    Formerly Formerly Featuring:
    Brian Berrebbi, Brett Gelman, Dyna Moe, Jane Borden, Mitch Magee, Pete Bosniak, Sara Jacobs

The only name I know in that list is Brett Gelman. So I'm putting all the blame on Gelman. Why, Gelman?

Your logic appeals to me and I wish to study further. Is there a pamphlet?

• Options
    Goddamn @Feral

Now I am busy trying to learn the meta-game for 2013

Instead of doing science

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    All the avengers are stupid hot

Like I saw chris Evans come out of his captain hotmerica chamber and I was like

Fuck

I can feel the vagina of my alternate female self in some other time line where a chromosome zigged instead of zagged, and it is GUSHING

She-me was riding the Nile

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

Watch Thor. It's not fantastic but it's fun.

Thor is pretty good, and while it is kind of boring it looks simply fantastic.

Yes, if there is one thing that Thor cannot be faulted for it's the fact that everything in that movie is good looking.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Hey, why did Ed Norton turn down the role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers movie? He must have known it would be a big hit. A billion dollar hit.

Did he? I thought it was a mutual "No interest" after he pitched multiple rewrite fits while Hulk was being filmed.

• Options
    I can feel the vagina of my alternate female self in some other time line where a chromosome zigged instead of zagged, and it is GUSHING

She-me was riding the Nile

Ew.

• Options

Did he? I thought it was a mutual "No interest" after he pitched multiple rewrite fits while Hulk was being filmed.

If that is what happened, he blew the deal of a lifetime.

• Options

I never heard anything about how the Norton/Marvel relationship went down.

I'm very satisfied with the Hulk that we got. I think Norton might have been able to pull it off equally well, though.

• Options

That was my memory also, but a quick google suggests that he was in negotiations with Marvel and they backed out to "go in another direction with the part". Also claimed that Norton isn't a team player when it comes to ensembles.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
This discussion has been closed.