As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Panda Thread of Mystery

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »
    Are there really no class balance changes or have those not come out yet?

mmo-champion has datamined a few but Blizzard hasn't announced any (probably because they are still rough)

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yeah I would guess this notes list is mostly the big content changes they have coming and actual balance stuff will come out later (since I assume this is for the PTR). This is probably stuff they've been working on for awhile whereas balance changes are probably newer stuff that came about after launch.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    End wrote: »

mmo-champion has datamined a few but Blizzard hasn't announced any (probably because they are still rough)

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping to get back into survival mode as I am quite fond of Savage as my new pet (and the fact I just like it better).

Fight club looks fun but I'm curious how the hell they can balance it out. Blood Death Knights ... not a lot they CAN'T do solo.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Looks like they're finally adding new Darkmoon pets. Better get some tickets while the fair's still around.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up!

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, might as well check here. Is it true that so long as you have someone's real friend ID, that no matter which server they are on, you can still invite them into a 10 man raid?

If this is true, and if anyone usually ends up having to pug a raid, our guild will be doing our raids on Friday night on Moon Guard.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    A red item?

Will the mythical Artifact rarity finally become reality?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, might as well check here. Is it true that so long as you have someone's real friend ID, that no matter which server they are on, you can still invite them into a 10 man raid?

If this is true, and if anyone usually ends up having to pug a raid, our guild will be doing our raids on Friday night on Moon Guard.

You cannot do current tier raid content cross-realm. Anything prior is fair game.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    What's more bizarre is the description mentions the Naaru, and the new datamined Scenarios include...
    A Black Temple scenario.

Speaking of new scenarios...
    I hope the Vol'jin one has an Alliance equivalent instead of just having the Alliance work with him. Alternatively, make it a damn plot point that this is the second time Vol'jin has gone to the Alliance for help and teamed up with them.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Ata'mal_crystal

Pay particular attention to the names of the shards :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    What's more bizarre is the description mentions the Naaru, and the new datamined Scenarios include...
    A Black Temple scenario.

The text from that scenario also mentions the Council of the Black Harvest.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I'm happy that a gunship doesn't appear in the Horde cinematic, because you know some Hozen with a rock would shoot it down?

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Hah, really? PVP Objectives and tokens off of Honor kills for the next content patch? Did anyone actually enjoy that crap when they did it in Outlands?

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

You cannot do current tier raid content cross-realm. Anything prior is fair game.

Ah sad times. Oh well. Back to picking up our last tank, healer, and dps the old fashioned way!

• Options
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    Hah, really? PVP Objectives and tokens off of Honor kills for the next content patch? Did anyone actually enjoy that crap when they did it in Outlands?

The way I understand it, it's mobs and/or players, not just players. Seems fine to me....

• Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Yep, as long as I never have to flag I don't care.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

The way I understand it, it's mobs and/or players, not just players. Seems fine to me....

Ah so more like the stuff in Grizzly Hills.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    actual 5.1 spoilers:
    no seriously

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    actual 5.1 spoilers:
    no seriously

If that's real, holy shit.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    actual 5.1 spoilers:
    no seriously

My gut instinct given Anduin's connection to the Light and how he spent all his time in Pandaria searching for the healing waters of the Vale is that this isn't a permanent thing, but it certainly sets a stage.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Kinda feeling the dallies burn. I was having fun with tillers because it was for shits and giggles but with no rep tabbards the prospect of doing dallies for valor or justice ,whichever is the raid one, grinds my gears.

I was looking forward to tanking a bunch of heroics with tabards but now its like do 2 hours of dallies and by that time i'll do a heroic or two and thats it for the day. Maybe some pokeman battles, which i'm kinda disappointed that outside of some trainer battles they didn't change the xp rate on. Its super sloow and im only around 15.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Was it just my server (Mannoroth-US) or was the Sha world boss spawning every 15 minutes yesterday for anyone else?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hey, someone that is a roguey rogue.

I asked this right before MoP launched but I am now more curious:

Combat Rogues: 2.6 offhand.

EJ says it's even with a 1.8 dagger and might actually be very very very slightly better; but the EJ post on combat isn't very complete atm as i'm sure things are being figured out.

Does anyone have any more concrete information?

From what I'm gathering from searching around everything is normalized to the point that for combat it's irrelevant for most things the offhand speed and a slower offhand actually makes killing spree a lot more powerful so that's how it pulls ahead. It seems to make sense given what I understand about my rogue, but I just want to check with people who actually know about rogues.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Ah so more like the stuff in Grizzly Hills.
    The stuff in Grizzly Hills flags you, though. So if this is like Grizzly Hills, then it's just as shitty.

• Options
    actual 5.1 spoilers:
    no seriously

If that's real, called it.

• Options
    actual 5.1 spoilers:
    no seriously

My gut instinct given Anduin's connection to the Light and how he spent all his time in Pandaria searching for the healing waters of the Vale is that this isn't a permanent thing, but it certainly sets a stage.

also
    prophesy by I think Velin who said Anduin would lead in the final battle or whatever against the darkness.

I didn't listen to the whole thing so I didn't catch the circumstances that anduin supposedly dies; but maybe metzen decided Alliance needed their own jesus figure

• Options
    End wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm hoping to get back into survival mode as I am quite fond of Savage as my new pet (and the fact I just like it better).

Fight club looks fun but I'm curious how the hell they can balance it out. Blood Death Knights ... not a lot they CAN'T do solo.
    This was my thought as well. Also, the whole standing around watching while someone fights thing? What if you just want to do the soloing challenges? Do you have to wait your turn behind a bunch of other people?

Also, this seems like it would be a good place for the Challenge mode style gear normalization. If it just uses your current gear at whatever power level you're at, then it's really just "How Good of Raid Gear Do You Have" Guild, and will get easier with later patches.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    so, for leveling a monk, is there any reason to prefer a staff over using two maces? I'm probably going to level brewmaster, and I have the two maces gemmed up already

Naw. Weapon damage is normalized between two handers and one handers, so you do the same damage no matter what. The differences end up being pretty subtle. You get 40% increased attack speed with a two hander, and 40% increased auto attack damage with one handers (so they kinda/sorta equalize eachother). 2hs proc more Elusive Brew charges each time it procs, but you get less procs overall. 1hs proc less Elusive Brew charges each time it procs, but you get more procs overall. For leveling it doesn't really matter. At 90, it comes down to itemization for the most part. I tend to like tanking with one-handers simply because I get more overall uptime on Elusive Brew.

To be specific it is 40% flat Haste increase. This alone is pretty much enough to make 2handers > dual wield for tanking. Other than primary stats Haste is the god stat for tanking.

Edit: Does anyone know the DR/conversion for avoidance for Brewmasters? I was playing around with my stats and reforging into exp and hit like a good boy and saw that when my dodge trinket procd I got a nice 3.something increase in my dodge. I then tested out the dodge proc with my Brewmaster flat increase and it of course did not DR the proc. It appears the conversion for dodge from agi for brewmasters is set below 1.0. But still, after gearing I could see brewmasters becoming pretty OP.

Oh shit, you're right. It is 40% Haste. Just now tested it by equipping a two-hander. I didn't notice this before, cause the tooltip states "40% increased Melee Attack Speed" and I had simply assumed it was Attack Speed, not Haste. Sigh, thanks for continuing to be inconsistent and confusing people with Attack Speed/Haste, Blizz! Appreciate it.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Madpanda wrote: »
    Kinda feeling the dallies burn. I was having fun with tillers because it was for shits and giggles but with no rep tabbards the prospect of doing dallies for valor or justice ,whichever is the raid one, grinds my gears.

I was looking forward to tanking a bunch of heroics with tabards but now its like do 2 hours of dallies and by that time i'll do a heroic or two and thats it for the day. Maybe some pokeman battles, which i'm kinda disappointed that outside of some trainer battles they didn't change the xp rate on. Its super sloow and im only around 15.

I love it. The fact that they give VP means that I dont really HAVE to do heroics anymore to cap. Once we start consistently killing raid bosses, a challenge mode daily, and perhaps an LFR put in there I can cap without having to touch heroics. Sexah to me.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Healbot is driving me goddamn insane. It keeps forcing on blizzard player and target frames, and there isn't even a bloody option for that in its options that I can see. I can't hide them, either - they just sit there, hovering behind my shadowed unit frames like a blight.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options

I love it. The fact that they give VP means that I dont really HAVE to do heroics anymore to cap. Once we start consistently killing raid bosses, a challenge mode daily, and perhaps an LFR put in there I can cap without having to touch heroics. Sexah to me.

I don't mind the dailies until I look at the rep bar for the given faction I'm doing dailies for and just get depressed.

They probably didn't but it feels like I got about half the usual tillers rep today than I usually get, and I have no idea why.

Also for the anglers dailies it took about 3x as long to fish up the fucking eels as usual. The last week or so it's been an eel every other catch and today it was one every 5-6 catches, and several people in /1 were bitching about it too so that one wasn't just me. I mean, if you're gonna only give 3 fucking dailies for a rep (aside from some insanely rare to fish up fish, and fuck the nat pagle rep to fucking hell fucking fuck fuck) don't make them also incredibly tedious to do every damn day.

I had really hoped that more quests would open up with Cloud Serpents at Revered; I mean they did, but they just randomly replace the other dailies, you don't actually get any more rep after revered per day.

I haven't even touched Golden Lotus and thus their followup reps and I know that one is gonna bite me in the ass.

Bitch bitch bitch, yeah, I know.

I do agree that it'll be nice, once there's no need anymore for heroic gear on my mans I won't have to bother running them anymore because it's fairly trivial to hit the honor cap from just dailies each week and there's the +50% VP buff on alts after your first cap on the server each week.

I keep meaning to spam heroics on my pally to get over that 460 hump so I can get into LFR but after dailies I'm really trying to burn my warrior up to 89 before Brewfest ends for the trinkets. That's rough. Jade Forest fucking drags at the end, finally finished it last night. Valley and Karasarang moved pretty smoothly so I'm hoping to get them done tonight/tomorrow and get into Kun-lai by tomorrow night.

• Options
    don't make them also incredibly tedious to do every damn day.
    Whoa now that's just crazy talk.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Healbot is driving me goddamn insane. It keeps forcing on blizzard player and target frames, and there isn't even a bloody option for that in its options that I can see. I can't hide them, either - they just sit there, hovering behind my shadowed unit frames like a blight.

switch to grid, son. It is the truth

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also once you hit revered with cloud serpents you get access to more secondary profession based dailies (bandage serpent hatchlings, archaeology, etc.), but of course those aren't helpful unless the character actually has those professions.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    also once you hit revered with cloud serpents you get access to more secondary profession based dailies (bandage serpent hatchlings, archaeology, etc.), but of course those aren't helpful unless the character actually has those professions.

Hmm....I've had those profession ones from the get go. The only new things I got from Revered was the race and the monk battle; both of which are randomly interspersed into the rotation.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    the server restart this morning finally gave me the upgraded pet battles trap.
    it seems like it misses more than the original trap though...

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

I don't mind the dailies until I look at the rep bar for the given faction I'm doing dailies for and just get depressed.

They probably didn't but it feels like I got about half the usual tillers rep today than I usually get, and I have no idea why.

Also for the anglers dailies it took about 3x as long to fish up the fucking eels as usual. The last week or so it's been an eel every other catch and today it was one every 5-6 catches, and several people in /1 were bitching about it too so that one wasn't just me. I mean, if you're gonna only give 3 fucking dailies for a rep (aside from some insanely rare to fish up fish, and fuck the nat pagle rep to fucking hell fucking fuck fuck) don't make them also incredibly tedious to do every damn day.

I had really hoped that more quests would open up with Cloud Serpents at Revered; I mean they did, but they just randomly replace the other dailies, you don't actually get any more rep after revered per day.

I haven't even touched Golden Lotus and thus their followup reps and I know that one is gonna bite me in the ass.

Bitch bitch bitch, yeah, I know.

I do agree that it'll be nice, once there's no need anymore for heroic gear on my mans I won't have to bother running them anymore because it's fairly trivial to hit the honor cap from just dailies each week and there's the +50% VP buff on alts after your first cap on the server each week.

I keep meaning to spam heroics on my pally to get over that 460 hump so I can get into LFR but after dailies I'm really trying to burn my warrior up to 89 before Brewfest ends for the trinkets. That's rough. Jade Forest fucking drags at the end, finally finished it last night. Valley and Karasarang moved pretty smoothly so I'm hoping to get them done tonight/tomorrow and get into Kun-lai by tomorrow night.

Yeah I understand. With LFR you dont really have to cap VP either as you will eventually get comparable gear enough to do normal raiding, if that is your thing, and get by. If your guild moves that slowly :). It is still true that you dont need to do reps past revered anyway as the VP gear unlocks at revered.

At a certain point there was nothing to do even with dailies but that looks to not be so with this xpac so far. With Challenge Modes, Pet Battles, Brawlers (inc), LFR tiered etc at least once you get geared and get your factions where you want there will be other stuff to do.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    You only get the secondary profession dailies from the serpents if you're at Panda level at the very least, I'm not sure what actual level you need for them to trigger. All I know is I had them from day one of doing the dailies. The four together basically add up to one extra daily's worth of rep.

And since no one else answered in the affirmative that it happened to their server as well, I guess my server was just lucky that we got hit by the bug of Sha respawning every 15 minutes. No one cared that I snuck in my 89 guildy (everyone had assist) so now he'll get some awesome boots as soon as he hits 90.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I just did the impossible. Elegon's berserk is seconds away, he's at 4% health. 3%, berserk hits and he starts casting his insta-death ability. 2%, 1%. TOUCH OF DEATH SAVES THE DAY, we get a goddamn kill. I am still shaking right now. Wowwww what a fight. We did like 2 pulls on Will of the Emperor just to see it, it looks fairly simple! Very doable. No phase transitions, it looks to be mostly add control. We have an entire day to get that down on Sunday. Excited!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    actual 5.1 spoilers:
    no seriously
    Can I kill Garrosh yet? Two expansions now where Garrosh insults my racial leader and I have to grin and bear it.

Revered with the Tillers now, so hello mote farming. Brought my other alts out there to start farming as well.

This discussion has been closed.